PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero coming to Wii

Roto13
02-08-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157049

In addition to announcing that Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam would be making a conversion from Wii to PlayStation 2, Activision, via CEO Mike Griffith, revealed they would be producing a Guitar Hero project for Wii sometime in 2007, says The Tanooki (via Kotaku.) No wonder Neversoft is so anxious to hire.

"The key difference in our strategy versus the prior cycle, is that in addition to full support on Sony and Microsoft platforms, we will aggressively target the Nintendo platforms consistent with our multi-platform strategy and Nintendo's expected growth. In fiscal 2008, we will double our offerings on the DS and the Wii, including Spider-Man, Shrek, Transformers, and Guitar Hero."

There really aren't any controller ports on the Wii, outside of the GameCube slots, so will Neversoft attempt to simulate guitar playing via the Wiimote?

So what do you think is going to happen with the controller? A Guitar controller that plugs into the GCN controller slot? An extension for the Wiimote? Or maybe they'll somehow stick with just using the regular Wiimote or Nunchuk controller.

Dreddz
02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Guitar Hero will only work with that Guitar controller thingy. Im sure the Wii will include the Guitar controller. So......there isnt much to get excited about here. It'll pretty much be the same game we saw on other consoles. If they do happen to use the remote, then it'll just make this version less superior to other versions.

ljkkjlcm9
02-08-2007, 10:13 PM
if you don't have the other consoles, it's plenty to get excited about.

THE JACKEL

Roto13
02-08-2007, 10:17 PM
If it's a port of Guitar Hero II, I'll pass since I already have the PS2 version. If it's a whole new game (or Guitar Hero I with enough enhancements), I may check it out if they get the controller right.

Agent Proto
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
I think it's highly possible that they would use the GCN controller slots for this. It can work since Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be using GameCube controllers

Roto13
02-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I think it's highly possible that they would use the GCN controller slots for this. It can work since Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be using GameCube controllers

Oh, sure. The Wii Virtual Console games can use the GCN controller, as can Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2. There's no reason they couldn't use the slots for a Guitar controller.

KentaRawr!
02-08-2007, 11:11 PM
The only advancement I could think of coming from this would be the possibility of using Miis, which isn't likely at all, and making my Wii Library look bigger-er. o.o But if you don't have the other systems, I suppose it's good.

Rase
02-09-2007, 03:41 AM
All I can say is I hope they play it safe and just make a controller that is compatible with the Wii's slots, because I can't think of any other way this will work and still be fun. Since I lack a PS2 and thus haven't been able to pick up the previous games, I'll probably try and get this when it comes out, assuming they don't screw it up.

Oh, and they had better include Final Countdown by Europe.

fire_of_avalon
02-09-2007, 05:23 AM
WIRELESS GUITARS.

Craig
02-09-2007, 12:22 PM
WIRELESS GUITARS.

JKTrix
02-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Wait, did anyone stop to think that this could be on DS? Nowhere in Activision's quote do they say 'Guitar Hero Will Be On Wii', though it is a pretty safe assumption. (They say "Nintendo platforms... on the DS and Wii")

A DS version would be different and interesting to see how they pull it off.

Roto13
02-09-2007, 04:18 PM
I just quoted the 1up headline.

EDIT: Loosely. :P