PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Virtual Console, Microsoft's Live Arcade, Sony's PlayStation Network

Roto13
02-08-2007, 09:19 PM
So, do you use any of these nifty game downloading services? What games do you have? I downloaded Mario Kart 64 and Comix Zone (<3!) on my Wii yesterday and today. Mario Kart seems to be strangely stripped down, since you can't save ghosts or individual track records (as far as I know). Comix Zone is still sploogeworthy.

Dreddz
02-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I used to download demo's on my 360 but stopped recently, most of the demo's werent very intresting. I downloaded Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting on my 360.

Thats pretty much it.

Slicksword45
02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
I got the Genji Demo, Gripshift Demo and Moterstorm Demo on my Ps3. Thats it tough.

Craig
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm unemployed and have better things to spend the money I do get on at the moment. But I will start using Virtual Console when I'm working.

XxSephirothxX
02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Xbox Live Arcade
Geometry Wars
Heavy Weapon
Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
Hexic HD
Smash TV
Texas Hold 'Em
UNO
Assault Heroes (Just Free Trial)
Galaga (Just Free Trial)
Novadrome (Just Free Trial)
Small Arms (Just Free Trial)

I got Uno free from a friend, Hexic came with the system, and Texas Hold 'Em was free as well. The rest were worth the purchases, except maybe Street Fighter. Probably shouldn't have bought that one. :p

As for demos, right now I have Just Cause, Ninety-Nine Nights, Sonic, and Crackdown still saved on my console. I've had a lot more in the past, of course, but demos aren't really worth talking about anyway.

I don't think I would buy many Wii VC games unless they had updated resolutions to support widescreen or just nicer TVs in general, or had some added online multiplayer. Considering how easy it is to get access to a 10 year old game like Mario Kart 64, the only reason I'd ever purchase it again is for the ability to play it online. That's what these download services should be focusing on, in my opinion.

Roto13
02-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I bought Comix Zone because it's a hassle to hook up my old Genesis to play it, and it's pretty worn out anyway. I bought Mario Kart 64 because I have a friend visiting next weekend who loves it. I never owned Mario Kart 64 just because I didn't like it enough. :P It's a great kart racer... if you're into racers.

KentaRawr!
02-08-2007, 11:09 PM
I got Wii Points for Christmas, and I spent them on Bonk's Adventure, Street Fighter 2, Super Castlevania IV, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Renmiri
02-08-2007, 11:23 PM
My PS3 finally is net ready :D

The only thing I downloaded successfully so far was the 1.50 system update though :(

Slothy
02-09-2007, 01:37 AM
My PS3 finally is net ready :D

The only thing I downloaded successfully so far was the 1.50 system update though :(

And now there's 1.51 as well.

I've got the demos for Motorstorm, F1, Gran Turismo and Blast Factor on my PS3. I also have the demo for that Cash, Guns, whatever game, but I just haven't bothered to delete it. When it comes out, I may buy Tekken Dark Resurrection from the Playstation store just for kicks (plus it'll likely be pretty cheap). Once Sony starts offering older PSX games to be played on the PS3 and not just the PSP I could see myself buying some. Hell, they already have Medievil on there and if it were playable on the PS3 I'd download it in a second.

JKTrix
02-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Wii: Gunstar Heroes, Mario Kart (though I wish I didn't get it. Spoiled by newer versions)

Currently On 360: Crackdown Demo, NBA Street Homecourt Demo, Def Jam thingy demo...that I'm gonna delete when I get home.

That was all I could fit before I uninstalled FFXI and got back 6 GBs of space. I have a ton of different videos, including a few I managed to download from the Japanese service while it was still accessible, and several free Arcade games.

The only arcade ones I recall paying for are Uno, Lumines (lol...though Free Heavenly Star rox) and Street Fighter. Currently, I can't buy any more points because of some kind of region lockout, but there isnt' anything I want to get anyway.

PS3: I ain't got yet, but looking forward to flOw and Tekken 5 in particular, and perhaps Calling All Cars.

Maxico
02-09-2007, 02:05 PM
When it comes out, I may buy Tekken Dark Resurrection from the Playstation store just for kicks (plus it'll likely be pretty cheap).

It's already available if you make a Hong Kong account to download it through.

Slothy
02-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Yeah, but an official North American version comes out this month so I can easily wait, and I'm not 100% sure I'll buy it yet either. Since I'm getting VF5 this month I may pass on it just because I know VF5 would take up more of my time. And thanks for reminding me about flow JKTrix. I've been waiting for that to come out since I heard about it and played the PC version. I can't wait for it.