PDA

View Full Version : What The Hell!?

GenjiSlash
02-09-2007, 07:07 AM
One quick question, I play tactics all the time(its by far one of my favorite styles of final fantasy) but the only job that has ever got me like wtf? is the calculator. Im kinda stumped as to what he does exactly. I mean besides having some kick ass support abilities(i.e. gained exp up, move-find jp, and move-find exp) what does his math skill do because im kinda confused. I've used the math skill b4 but it's just odd to me. And I aint no newb to the game:mad2: , ive just never really put that much work into a calculator besides gettin the support abilities i mentioned above.

NeoCracker
02-09-2007, 10:04 AM
It allows you to cast free magic basicly.

Choose CT and then a number. Then Select a Spell. That spell with hit everyone with a CT that has a multiple of that number.

BG-57
02-09-2007, 12:31 PM
It's very powerful when used correctly, because it can hit anyone, has no distance restrictions, costs no MP, no charge time, and four different magic sets to choose from.

It is also super easy to win battles in a cheap, game-imbalancing way.

As a class, Calculator has horrendous stats, but Math Skills is my secondary skill set of choice.

GenjiSlash
02-10-2007, 02:08 AM
If it's ur secondary skill of choice then which is ur 1st? Just out of curiosity...

BG-57
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
By the game's end, I have most of my nongeneric characters in their default classes, and my generic characters as Knights.

So it would look like this:

Ramza: Squire
Guts
Math Skills

Agrias: Holy Knight
Holy Sword
Math Skills

Meliadoul: Divine Knight
Mighty Sword
Math Skills

Orlandu: Holy Swordsman
All Swordskill