PDA

View Full Version : Any Good 2+ Player Games?

Yar
02-10-2007, 08:30 PM
Are there any bareable two or mor player games anymore? My dad and I try to play the PS2, but there aren't many games we can agree on. I like to play NHL 07 but hockey bores the hell out of my dad (he doesn't know the rules to hockey). My dad likes playing Madden 07 but football bores the hell out of me (I don't know the rules to football). Are there any good two player games anymore? Can I have some recommendations? It seems like good two player games aren't made anymore. We don't like shooting/war games, so please don't say anything like Halo or Medal of Honor.

Jowy
02-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Singstar Rocks looks fun.

I believe that Champions of Norrath is 2 player and it's pretty cheap now.

Jessweeee♪
02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Fighter games are fun, Tekken 3 and 5 are my favorites :D

Super Smash Brothers is also good.

Dreddz
02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
When I think of two player I instantly thinking of Fighting games. Any will do. Mind that the game is good that is. Ive never played a fighter with my dad though, I usually get together with a group and play for hours. They are just as stoked about fighting games as me so its always alot of fun.

Other good multiplayer games I know are Mashed and Twisted Metal Black.

Shoeberto
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
If you're willing to make an investment, can't go wrong with Guitar Hero.

Levian
02-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Wario Ware is an awesome 2+ player game. It's for Gamecube, though, so probably not what you want.

I don't really know many 2 player games for PS2, Gamecube is so much better in that area. The only PS2 2 player game I have is Worms 4: Mayhem, but that's a pretty cool game.

Roto13
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Yeah, any fighting game. If you have a Game Cube, get Smash Bros. Melee. Soul Calibur is also a blast.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Gran Turisimo 3? :confused:

Araciel
02-10-2007, 10:57 PM
champions of norrath rules

owait...someone already mentioned that

back under my rock i go...

crono_logical
02-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Katamari Damacy might work :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Katamari Damacy's multiplayer has never been a huge draw, sadly.

What kind of games do you both enjoy playing? That will help our suggestions.

Vermachtnis
02-11-2007, 03:03 AM
Tales of the Abyss is fun and the camera doesn't get in the way like it did Symphonia.
I might be the only one to say this, but Digimon World 4 is fun.

Pete for President
02-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Soul Calibur 1/2/3 rock in multiplayer, burnout games are enjoyable aswell.

JKTrix
02-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, racing games should be pretty accessible to both of you. Burnout is great fun and not too hard.

As mentioned before, Fighting Games are great. Soul Calibur and Tekken should be fine.

Yar
02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
We like a game that you can quickly jump into and quit too; no need to pick up from last spot. That's why Champions of Norrath is a no go. A game like Mario Party, etc. Burnout is something we like, but can't find.

XxSephirothxX
02-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I was definitely going to suggest Burnout. Fucking great racing series. Burnout Dominator is coming out for the PS2 on March 6th. I don't know how it will compare to the last couple, since it's a blending of ideas and not handled by Criterion. But it will probably be a blast. Go to the closest mall, find an EB/Gamestop, and buy Burnout 3 or Burnout Revenge from the used shelf. Probably cost you 5 or 10 bucks by now.

Maybe a Street Fighter compilation or Soul Calibur 2/3? Those are solid fighters, and fun for competing with one another. And cheap, which is always a plus.

Cruise Control
02-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Crash Bash!

4evarisha
02-13-2007, 01:57 AM
Dynasty Warriors 5,
Soul Caliber 3,
X Men 2:The Apocalypse

Griff
02-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Think outside the box: get Rugby 06

This way neither of you (probably) will know the rules. Henceforth you guys won't know who won, you'll play for fun instead of out of competition, you won't grow up constantly at war with your father, and will hence not need to spend lots of money on a shrink when you're older.

It's a win-win situation.

Ashley Schovitz
02-13-2007, 02:26 AM
Final Fantasy IV's two player.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Are there any bareable two or mor player games anymore? My dad and I try to play the PS2, but there aren't many games we can agree on. I like to play NHL 07 but hockey bores the hell out of my dad (he doesn't know the rules to hockey). My dad likes playing Madden 07 but football bores the hell out of me (I don't know the rules to football). Are there any good two player games anymore? Can I have some recommendations? It seems like good two player games aren't made anymore. We don't like shooting/war games, so please don't say anything like Halo or Medal of Honor.

I remember playing Timesplitters 2 with my friend who has a PS2, and I remember it being pretty fun. You should be able to get it at a good price, and there are a lot of ways to customize your game.

(Not to mention the little personalized characters you can use. One even says... "Ho-yeah, HAH!" My friend and I both kept picking him to listen to that...! :hahaha:)

Rainecloud
02-13-2007, 07:21 AM
The Nintendo Wii has revived my love for 2+ player games. In fact, my Dad and I hadn't played any console games together since the late eighties, and then the Wii came along and changed all that. We now enjoy our WiiPlay and WiiSports sessions immensely.

Fatal Impurity
02-13-2007, 08:10 AM
i know a game! Its simple, its cheap and most of all its fun! Please whatever you do dont hold to me to that one

The game in question? Well its SNAP! of course!

By the way just in case you didnt know im being ever so sarcastic

KentaRawr!
02-13-2007, 10:31 AM
If you're into fighting games, I'd recommend one of the Soul Calibur games, especially 2. SSBM is also quite fun, and Street Fighter 3 is awesome. :D

Also said before, Guitar Hero is a fine choice. However, if you want the multiplayer aspect of it, Guitar Hero 2 might be the better choice, as it has a co-op mode.

If you just HAPPEN to have the requirements, either Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles or Zelda: Four Swords Adventures could be good choices. However, both can be frustrating when playing with friends. >_>