PDA

View Full Version : Active or Wait

Rengori
02-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Do you choose the Active ATB setting or the Wait ATB setting?

EDIT: Gah, I didn't hit the t in Wait on the poll.

KazexLisa
02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Active I always love a challenge

jammi567
02-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Wait, as i love planning what do do next, which i why i really loved ten's battle system.

Little Blue
02-11-2007, 12:16 AM
It depends how famliar I am with the battle system and my usual combat routines. When just starting out I usually use wait, and when I have a bit of experience under my belt, I switch to active.

Zeromus_X
02-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't want to die while resurrecting my healer.

Ashley Schovitz
02-11-2007, 01:01 AM
I choose wait mostly, but I'll convert to wait once I play FFXII again which will probably be in a year since the game took me 121 hours to beat. I can't remember what I chose for IX's though I think I just left whatever was on default.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Wait, as i love planning what do do next, which i why i really loved ten's battle system.

yeah 10's atb or wtb was good but so unrealistic... active is more realistic but less realisctic than 12...which is good in graphics. Yeah it's good against One-Winged Angel but not helpful anywere else.

robfinalfantasy
02-11-2007, 01:52 AM
The harder the better! Active all the way!

Meat Puppet
02-11-2007, 02:23 AM
Wait. :redface:

Yuffie514
02-11-2007, 05:27 AM
wait, i'm pretty slow and that's one of the reasons i prefer not to be a full-time mage in Final Fantasy XI.

DarkLadyNyara
02-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Active, it keeps me on my toes. I also set the battle speed to the highest speed.

Of course, my having the attention span of a catnip-infused feline in a string factory has something to do with that. :D

Zeromus
02-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Active makes battles more real... I mean... if u were really on a battle, i don't think ur enemies would be so nice with u to let u take ALL the time u want to get ready before they attack you... it also sounds stupid xD... (well, maybe Rubicant would let u take ur time, but Rubicant is one between thousands of enemies u could have xD)...
And, this can be maybe a personal view, but i think the wait mode is for unweaned babies xD... wait mode makes battles become SO easy that really sucks!

So, one more vote for the active mode!

Slothy
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Active unless I'm playing FFXII in which case I'll use wait. I find micromanaging in FFXII to be pretty difficult without wait turned on.

Goldenboko
02-11-2007, 08:05 PM
By choice active, although occasionally I accidently forget FF's are preset to Wait so I end up playing the entire game through wait.

Wolf Kanno
02-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Active, I prefer a challenge. And yes, FFXII is really nasty in active mode...

cloud_doll
02-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Wait. I need my time. Especially in IX when i have to get the moogle out to explain things :choc2:

No.78
02-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Wait cos there's no pressure.

silentenigma
02-22-2007, 01:09 AM
I used to like active, but then I decided on
Wait cos there's no pressure.

silentenigma
02-22-2007, 01:10 AM
I used to like active, but wait takes a lot of the stress off a tough battle

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2007, 03:36 PM
I prefer "Wait" because I don't want to see the monsters doing 10 rounds worth of attacks while I'm browsing the item menu and wondering where on earth that one item is.

oddler
02-23-2007, 06:06 PM
I thought there were three choices in most of them: Wait, Active, and some kind of option that lets the enemies attack while choosing things in menus (I forget what it's called).

I like the one that allows enemies to use commands already chosen but stop acting when I open menus. Active, I think. :p

Slothy
02-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I thought there were three choices in most of them: Wait, Active, and some kind of option that lets the enemies attack while choosing things in menus (I forget what it's called).

I like the one that allows enemies to use commands already chosen but stop acting when I open menus. Active, I think. :p

That would be wait. It works differently in some games. In some they can't do anything while you search through menus, and in others they still might do an action that was already determined. With active, the enemies continue to select and perform actions even while you search through menus. There is no third option in any FF.

ljkkjlcm9
02-23-2007, 07:29 PM
I leave it default, so Wait... I haven't played much of the games after VIII. I-III are turn based, and most of the FF games with wait have it that commands already selected will be carried out, even with wait, so typically it doesn't actually slow down the battle at all because except for early on, I'm not in the menu's very long.

THE JACKEL

Sefie1999AD
02-23-2007, 07:43 PM

IIRC, Final Fantasy VII had Active, Recommended and Wait. Active never pauses the time gauge for the enemies (they can act any time), Recommended pauses the time gauge when you're accessing menus, and Wait gives you all the time to choose your commands. I use Recommended in FFVII, Wait in other FFs.

oddler
02-23-2007, 10:00 PM

IIRC, Final Fantasy VII had Active, Recommended and Wait. Active never pauses the time gauge for the enemies (they can act any time), Recommended pauses the time gauge when you're accessing menus, and Wait gives you all the time to choose your commands. I use Recommended in FFVII, Wait in other FFs.

That's the one. Thank you. :)

Slothy
02-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Hmm, I don't remember that option at all. Guess it's been a while since I played it. Colour me corrected.

boys from the dwarf
02-24-2007, 08:23 AM
I could use active if i wanted to and i definetly could complete all the FFs but i just prefer to use wait. less pressure and less to worry about.

Hazzard
02-25-2007, 04:57 PM
My vote went to active, but i chose it cause of the fun i have in FFXII, of the realistic battling you go through. It makes you feel like you're experiencing it also, and really helps you interact.

While Wait is a convenient option, but i wouldn't suggest it for FFXII if you're looking for some fun. It isn't hard for me, and to think it's my first time playing it-and i put it on Max speed and active mode. I should be gettin my ass kicked, but its like the other way round!

Remon
02-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Active is more realistic.I mean would you take turns when fighting someone?
:lol:

LunarWeaver
02-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I usually end up going with Active once the few hours are done and I'm comfy with things. I like it to be nice and fast and a bam-bam-bam experience.

I also agree that in FFXII Active really isn't harder only smoother. I switched it for the challenge, and found it be pretty much the same difficulty but so much better :cat:.