PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Trapped in a Game Over!

nameless_user
02-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Final Fantasy III (VI) is a great game and I have both the original Super Nintendo version and the Playstation Anthology remake - I decided that I wanted to replay it again on my computer so I downloaded the ZSNES emulator version.
For people unfamiliar with this version, instead of using the in-game save function, you can basically save anywhere and anytime using the ZSNES.
Anyway, I was playing in the World of Ruin and I was suddenly annihilated. I remembered that I didn't save the session I was playing so I carelessly used the ZSNES save to overwrite my data. Essentially, now whenever I attempt to load up my game, I am trapped with an annihilated party. All it does is take me back to the in-game save screen (which I never used) and so I'm back at the first save point in the game with Terra, Vicks, and Wedge! I don't want to have to replay everything up until the World of Ruin!!
Does anybody know a Game Genie or Pro Action Replay code that can reverse a game over? Maybe something that gives your party maximum HP again? But I don't know if those codes work with an annihilated party.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or tips people have! Please help me save my game!

Levian
02-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Ouch. Been there, done that. I think you're out of luck here. :(

theundeadhero
02-11-2007, 06:31 AM
You're pretty much screwed. I learned a long time ago to use the ingame as well in case I mess a save state up. Why would you use a rom when you have the SNES anyway?

blackmage_nuke
02-11-2007, 08:54 AM
You shouldve had more than 1 save state or else you're just asking for trouble

-

nameless_user
02-11-2007, 11:55 PM
Yeah it looks like I dropped the ball on this one. I'll take it as a lesson learned the hard way.
So that this doesn't happen again, I'm going to use the in-game save plus the ZSNES save states. Another question though: when I use the in-game save, my data never sticks. Whenever I load up the game then it is always back to Terra, Vicks, and Wedge in Narshe. How do I fix this problem?
(I encountered this problem before which caused me to use the save states only).
Thanks again for the insight

And in response to theundeadhero, I have the SNES version but I downloaded the ROM for the portability - with it you can play FF3 on the go with a laptop, which is the better alternative than lugging around an old SNES eh?
Yeah I should look into the new Game Boy Advance release! :)

abrojtm
02-12-2007, 02:27 AM
Save on your game, then use a savestate. Load that state and it will keep your game save.

sephirothishere
02-13-2007, 12:22 AM
um go to gamefaqs and get a save from there...they have some saves like..
"halfway through game" "beginning of WoR" and stuff liek that...

SerenadeDS
02-13-2007, 12:39 AM
Damn, I feel for you.

JKTrix
02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Here's a way to make sure it doesn't happen again: Buy it on GBA.

You already have the SNES and PS1 versions, call it a collection.

sephirothishere
02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
how about you listen to what i jus said???!?you know the thing about gettin a save from someone else who has the game or offuv gamefaqs....
and no, i do not feel sorry for you.STOP BEIN A DUMBASS,DUMBASS!!!