PDA

View Full Version : Is it good enough?

KazexLisa
02-11-2007, 01:42 AM
I really want to get this (thereby completing my collection of the first ten final fantasys.) but in order to get it I have to buy a DS and this game is pretty much the only thing I am going to play on the DS ( and any other FF games.) So is the game worth buying the DS and game??

Ben
02-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Well, if you do buy the DS, you should buy Nintendogs too, its a very fun game, also, buy some of the other RPG's they have out for it. I would get one if I were you, but then again, I already have one! Lol.

Hambone
02-11-2007, 04:36 AM
Well, yeah. But you should already have a DS, man. Get with the times. I got one when they first came out. I was 11. They looked awesome. I had $250.00 laying around. What's a kid to do?

KazexLisa
02-11-2007, 04:53 AM
I really want to get this (thereby completing my collection of the first ten final fantasys.) but in order to get it I have to buy a DS and this game is pretty much the only thing I am going to play on the DS ( and any other FF games.) So is the game worth buying the DS and game??
I don't have $250 lying around sorry......

Elpizo
02-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Dude, you should not only buy a DS for FF III, but also for:

-FF CC: Ring of Fates
-FF XII: Revenant Wings
-Dragon Quest IX
-FFTA2

And if you ask me, yeah, this game is worth buying a DS for, this and many other games that are out now or will come. And don't forget, you can also play the Finest Fantasy Advance games on the DS. And Dawn of Souls. Heck, you can play FF I till VI on the DS, everywhere you go, who wouldn't want that?

Yuriev's ghost
02-11-2007, 02:15 PM
buy a psp and use it to play music

NINJA_Ryu
02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
DS has an addon that also gives it that feature. And movies too i believe. Or at least, photos.

KazexLisa
02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Dude, you should not only buy a DS for FF III, but also for:

-FF CC: Ring of Fates
-FF XII: Revenant Wings
-Dragon Quest IX
-FFTA2

And if you ask me, yeah, this game is worth buying a DS for, this and many other games that are out now or will come. And don't forget, you can also play the Finest Fantasy Advance games on the DS. And Dawn of Souls. Heck, you can play FF I till VI on the DS, everywhere you go, who wouldn't want that?

Totally forgot about all of these......

Crossblades
02-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I haven't played the DS version yet, but I have played and beaten the Famicon version and I thought it was a great game. By the looks of it, the DS version is just as good as the Famicon version, if not better. So give it a shot. Save up your allowance or something to get a DS

Fusionedd
02-15-2007, 11:11 PM
The new games probably make the DS worth your money.

silentenigma
02-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Go out into the internet and dubiously acquire the nes version then. along with a translation patch and nes emulator of course. That's what I did, because I'm a cheap bastard. Besides, then you can say you're a purist and played the original.

Fusionedd
02-18-2007, 08:44 PM
The DS version is better to play rather than the original but, you can try out the original if you want.

UltimateSpamGrover
02-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Buying a console for just one game is not worth it no matter how good that one game may be.

Fusionedd
02-19-2007, 06:46 PM
The new Final Fantasies are worth buying the DS for.

UltimateSpamGrover
02-20-2007, 01:21 AM
For FFIII, FFXII Revenant Wings , FFTAII, and FFCC yes then a DS is worth it, for just FFIII that would not be the case.

Evastio
02-20-2007, 03:27 AM
If you'll be able to access the Mognet feature it's definitely worth considering getting.

UltimateSpamGrover
02-20-2007, 05:59 AM
The Mognet feature is severely flawed as you can only send one message an hour.

Elpizo
02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
The Mognet feature is severely flawed as you can only send one message an hour.
Simply turn yoru DS clock one hour forward and mail away. I got my Onion Knight under twenty minutes.

BlueChaos
03-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Im getting Final Fantasies 1-6.

UltimateSpamGrover
03-13-2007, 06:14 AM
Simply turn yoru DS clock one hour forward and mail away. I got my Onion Knight under twenty minutes.

Wow, way to think outside the box. I never thought about that.

Zora
03-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Personally, FFIII was a mediocre FF to me. I think you should wait until the other FF's come out. It may drop by $20 dollars or so.

Sam250
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM
As others have already said, buying a console for one game is a pointless waste of money. But as others have also said, FFIII isn't exacly the only good game on the DS. Square Enix are supporting the DS like crazy. I mean, Dragon Quest 9 is a DS exclusive. DRAGON QUEST 9! The actual next game in the series. DS exclusive.

Plus there are all the Final Fantasy Advance games, which even though they are pretty new you could still probally buy cheap, especally 1, 2, and 4.

And then there are the SE tacktical games, such as the Cystal Cronicles game, and the Ivalice Alliance games (Final Fantasy Tacktiocs Advance 1+2, Final Fantasy XII: RE).

And yet there is more! Children of Mana! Magical Startsign. And these are just the Square games! What about Castlevania, Lunar Dragon Song, Lost in Blue, and many others that arn't RPGS!

So, to summerize, don't buy a DS for FFIII. Thats silly. Buy it for all the Square games!

Bluecho
04-17-2007, 02:31 AM
Well the game is very good, though beating it is a challenge.

I suggest you get the DS, and buy more games for it than just FFIII. But really, is Final fantasy not a good enough reason to buy any console? Of course its a good enough reason! Its Final Fantasy!

Sefie1999AD
04-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I've been thinking that question too. However, so far it seems I won't be buying a DS just for FFIII. The console costs 160 euros and the game will cost about 50 euros, so it just won't be worth it, especially when I'm not planning to get any other DS games. Maybe when the prices go down, though. I bought a PS2 for FFX (that was 335 euros for a PS2, 70 euros for FFX), and that got me quite worried since FFX was quite a disappointment for me. Fortunately, Kingdom Hearts and some other great games later made the PS2 worth it.

Bolivar
04-26-2007, 05:07 PM
everyone already summed it up, if you buy a DS, not only can you play III on it, but the first 6 FF's plus a few side games.

As to the quality of FFIIIDS, I thought it was very well done, the graphics, sound, and text are all improved upon, and strangely enough it still has an NES feel to it.

Hour-wise, it took me more time collecting everything/beating the game than I spent on the other 5 original FF's, including VI. In that case it was well worth the purchase.

gothic_fantasy
05-21-2007, 02:36 PM
This is when I hate living in south africa. You don't GET stuff like that here. I have never seen a DS here, let alone any old FFs. I never even saw Origins and Chronicles for the PS1 here. Sad sad days.
I'd love to play the FFIII DS version but unfortunately for now I'll just have to be happy with my illegal rom until I buy a DS off the net or something.

Dragonface
05-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Square is also already making FFIV DS version! Thats add to your DS Square list. I'm still waiting for FFIIIDS in New Zealand but not for long...I'm going to get it when it came (I already pre-order FFIIIDS). I already own a DS thanks to RE:DS and Metroid Hunter (Those games got stolen some how).

Rostum
05-22-2007, 02:09 PM
Not only does the DS have FFIII, it also will have FFIV remade for it, and more RPG's like FFTA2, FFXII:RW and Dragon Quest IX. But you know, aside from that there's some other good games out and coming out for it.

Things like New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, Castlevania, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, and loads more are worth getting.