PDA

View Full Version : Do You Despise Overrated Things?

Evastio
02-11-2007, 02:13 AM
Do you despise overrated things (in general)?

Most of the time I do.

Venom
02-11-2007, 02:14 AM
I consider overrated subjective, so if I deem something overrated I dont like it.

black orb
02-11-2007, 02:17 AM
>>> Sometimes..

Agrias
02-11-2007, 02:19 AM
some people are overrated..and yes i tend to despise them....:mad:

kikimm
02-11-2007, 02:27 AM
I try not to, cause I think that's retarded. Usually, though, things being overrated only affects my opinion of it if I already dislike it. I will start hating it more. :monster:

Dr Aum
02-11-2007, 02:40 AM
I don't enjoy something less because some people enjoy it more than I do, no. Of course, if I think that something is overrated, then by definition I won't like it as much as most others do.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-11-2007, 02:48 AM
I use that on a case by case basis.

Xander
02-11-2007, 03:04 AM
Only if there's better underappreciated things that don't get credit because people are more concerned with what's "in". E.g. Ipods :p Hmm, can't think what else right now.

rubah
02-11-2007, 03:19 AM
I usually don't think of them.

Madame Adequate
02-11-2007, 03:53 AM
I don't enjoy something less because some people enjoy it more than I do, no. Of course, if I think that something is overrated, then by definition I won't like it as much as most others do.

Fortunately, outside of that one thread, Dr Aum speaks with the same voice as Mr. MILF. :jess:

Edit: That said, I'm not at all averse to pretending to dislike things, or exaggerating my opinions on them, in order to wind other people up.

Vikeve
02-11-2007, 03:54 AM
Not really. I just like it as much as I like it.:greenie:

Martyr
02-11-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm easily amused. Therefore, most things that are overrated end up being overrated by me. And so I despise very little, and almost nothing that is overrated.

Araciel
02-11-2007, 04:33 AM
i tend to buy into the overratedness...and then am underwhelmed...which irks me...but it's my own fault for being drawn in in the first place.

Ryth
02-11-2007, 04:36 AM
if I didn't like it to begin with, hearing about it all the time would make me hate it more due to being annoyed by it. If I did like it and it garnered more attention than it deserves, I just disagree. xD Just the way I am.

Vermachtnis
02-11-2007, 04:37 AM
I like what I like and don't like what I don't like. I have no idea what something is over/underrated until some stranger comes up and tells me.

Roto13
02-11-2007, 04:40 AM
If I don't like something, immense popularity can drag me from disliking it to out and out hating it. Take Brokeback Mountain for example. If nobody had heard about it, I just wouldn't have liked it. However, people worship it, and that makes me wish Anus (or whatever his name was) had died violently.

Bunny
02-11-2007, 04:55 AM
I don't really care what other people think about anything. So.. no, I don't despise overrated things.

Yuffie514
02-11-2007, 05:23 AM
not really. i tend to like them, not like them, or not care at all.

Levian
02-11-2007, 05:15 PM
I won't let popularity influence my opinions. If I like it, I like it. It's pretty simple. I couldn't really care less if Frank & Elsa didn't like what I like. If Pamela Anderson made a song that I liked, I wouldn't despise it just because she made it.

When it comes to stuff I personally find overrated, then I obviously don't like it, which is why I found it overrated in the first place.

Sidderz
02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
But doesn't overrated really count as opinion anyway that is slowly leaning towards "despisition"?

Haha. Is despisition even a word? xD

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
No,I don't hate things because they are over-rated. That is stupid. So is the whole idea of something being over-rated. People only think things are over-rated because lots of other people like them, but they don't, or they don't like them as much. It is stupid. I hear all the time things like 'Oh my god, Greenday is so over-rated and gay.' Wow. Mature. You don't like it, and a lot of other people do, therefore it is over-rated. Stupidest thing I have ever heard of. Aside from those three other things. But yeah. Over-ratedness does not exist in my mind.

Freya
02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
The only overrated thing I hate is Paris Hilton, but she's just dumb that's enough reason right there. I tend not to think anything as "overrated". I just think a lot of people like it or dislike it. I don't like people who judge things by it's popularity. If they like it because everyone likes, I don't like that. If they hate it because everyone likes, I don't like that. But then I find those who hate hypocrites because they end up like many others in being overrated poeple that hate it. All in all they just need to get over themselves

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-12-2007, 03:09 PM
A couple of things. But I had a little moan about them in EoEo and I'm happy now

Christmas
02-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I won't let popularity influence my opinions. If I like it, I like it. It's pretty simple. I couldn't really care less if Frank & Elsa didn't like what I like. If Pamela Anderson made a song that I liked, I wouldn't despise it just because she made it.

When it comes to stuff I personally find overrated, then I obviously don't like it, which is why I found it overrated in the first place.

The Pacific Sea is overrated.