PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP_PONDS CHORUS/FROG SONG (ELF TOAD)???

blondie92
02-11-2007, 03:24 AM
I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO SOUND REALLY STUPID TO MANY, BUT I RECEIVED THIS GAME FOR CHRISTMAS AND HAVE NEVER OWNED OR PLAYED FF BEFORE. I JUST STARTED PLAYING THIS LAST NIGHT AND AM REALLY HOOKED BUT NEED SOME HELP?? THIS IS THE FINAL FANTASY V FOR GAME BOY ADVANCE VERSION.

I AM TRYING TO GET THE BLUE MAGIC_PONDS CHORUS/FROG SONG FROM THE ELF TOAD. I NEED TO KNOW AM I SUPPOSED TO ACTUALLY TURN INTO A FROG? I KNOW THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO KILL ALL OF THEM BUT 1, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONE AND HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO GET IT. EARLIER 1 OF THEM SANG SOME NOTES AT ME AND I TURNED INTO A FROG. WAS THAT WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN? I CHANGED HER BACK BECAUSE I DIDN'T THINK THAT WAS RIGHT.

ANY HELP WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED!!!

PuPu
02-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Just make all of your party members into Blue Mages. Then, once the enemies use Frog Song (or whatever it's called in the GBA version) on a Blue Mage, win the battle, and you will get the skill.

By the way, those caps are REALLY annoying.

Paul
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
you don't have to kill all of them but one. basically you just need to have someone with the "learner" ability, OR a blue mage, and this person needs to be turned into a frog by the pond's chorus move. that's how they learn it.

Levian
02-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Actually, for that one specific move you need to kill everyone but one, or else it won't do the skill.

Paul
02-12-2007, 11:23 AM
4 sirisly? i'm sure i've been frog raped by multiples before. maybe i imagined it tho.

Levian
02-12-2007, 01:51 PM
Yup, at least for the Elf Toad.

You're probably thinking of some other enemy with the same skill. I remember getting frog raped in Phoenix Tower. :D

Crossblades
02-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually, for that one specific move you need to kill everyone but one, or else it won't do the skill.

I never knew that. :confused:

Mirage
02-12-2007, 03:30 PM
That can't be true for the Worus tower, where I got it.

Levian
02-12-2007, 09:19 PM
That's where I got Pond's Chorus too. I fought for a really long time trying to get it, then I eventually gave up and checked gameFAQs, where I found a walkthrough that said it needed to be alone. When I tried that I got the skill first try. (I checked again just now and most of the walkthroughs mentions this.)

Maybe your elf toad was being controlled or confused? or maybe there's a version difference here, I don't know.