PDA

View Full Version : The Oversouled Bestiary

Skyblade
02-11-2007, 05:04 AM
Is anyone else think that filling this thing is insane? It's even worse than the 100% run. Given how rare some of the enemies are, having to kill tons to get to their oversouled version is ridiculous.

BG-57
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
If you run away from a monster that oversouls, the next time you meet any of that species, it will oversoul again. So you can oversoul the most common monster then go looking for the rare version. Saves a lot of time. It's how I got to fight an oversouled Paragon by going after Omega Weapons.

That being said, I agree how much work it is. It took me almost as much time to complete the beastiary as it did to complete the rest of the game. But The End GG is very sweet.

KazexLisa
02-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Well, I am trying to collect everything including all the abilites for the dress spheres.... Oversouling has not been that hard for me alot of the enemies are in Via Infinto in Ch. 5

Tavrobel
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
People bother to get Oversouls? As though the game weren't needlessly horrible enough?

rubah
02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
it was pretty handy for one of the via infinito bosses

No.78
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
Thats the one thing in FFX2 I still have yet to do, and probably never will. Is The End garment grid really any good?

BG-57
02-12-2007, 12:40 PM
The End GG has Break HP Limit, Break Damage Limit, and Finale.

It's very nice to have, but not worthwhile unless you're okay with spending hours in Via Infinito.

Just remember, some enemies don't appear in Via Infinito unless you run into them in other dungeons. Azi Dahaka is especially tricky since you have to ram the Stargate-like portals in the Farplane Abyss on purpose.

Skyblade
02-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm trying to get the full Bestiary during my playthrough, not the Via Infinito. Behemoths, Tonberrys, Shell Shockers, and Stalwarts are too rare though. :(

BG-57
02-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I don't think that's possible, actually. As far as I know, Paragon only appears in Via Infinito.

Skyblade
02-13-2007, 06:58 PM
True, but most of them are coming from my playthrough. I'll have to get a few from in the Vio though. Are monsters like Behemoths rare in the Vio, or are all monster encountered at the same rate? I might just quit my current attempts and grab them in Chapter 5...

BG-57
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Behomeths are found in Cloisters 7, 8, and 9, and I believe at a higher encounter rate.

Nominus Experse
02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Dear Lord, I absolutely loathed chasing all those cursed creatures down. But, as is to be expected, the reward was very, very nice. The End GG is wondrous, but being able to look over your entire file and see that everything is completely filled out and such is, well, self-glorifying etc...

And then you look at how much you put in and then you quietly weep...

Tavrobel
02-13-2007, 08:08 PM
And then you look at how much you put in and then you quietly weep...

If you make your money back, there is no loss. Therefore, everyone who played FFX-2 loses.

PuPu
02-13-2007, 08:14 PM
For those of you who have The End GG, what does Finale do?

SeeDRankLou
02-13-2007, 08:58 PM
According to gamefaqs.com, Finale will cause the girls to do 9999 damage regardless of the strength stat. However, if you have escaped from battle even once during your current playthrough, the damage is reduced. I don't know if this is true, whenever I've used Finale is does unpredictable damage. I don't know, maybe I've escaped from battle or something.

I liked this little subquest. I don't really find this subquest any more or less annoying than capturing 10 of every monster in Spira for the Monster Arena. In fact, this one is probably easier given that every monster in the game with the exception of two can be found in the Via Infinito, and much more readily than out in Spira. And the other two monsters are both in the same place, and oversoul rather quickly.

BG-57
02-13-2007, 10:53 PM
I ran away frequently in the higher levels of Via Infinito and my party is doing damage in the high 8000's. It's kind of like the Brave Knife in FFV.

Finale is suprisingly lackluster in actual use. Not much more than a glorified punch, along the lines that Trema does. Be that as it may, the real prizes are BHPL and BDL (with only two spherechanges to activate as opposed to the four needed for Higher Power GG).