PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from East Anglia?

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Norfolk - like me, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, etc...?

Rainecloud
02-11-2007, 01:22 PM
No.

I visited East Anglia once, but it was closed. :(

Zeldy
02-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I thought that was in Scotland.

Shows how much I know about my own country : D~
I live in Merseyside, North West England. Though Im only just part of Merseyside, we used to be Lancashire.
Id rather I lived in Lancashire, everybody looks down on people from Merseyside.

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
No.

I visited East Anglia once, but it was closed. :(

What do you mean it was closed?
It includes a good portion of the east of England. :eek:

Actually, it's almost all of eastern England above Kent and below Lincolnshire.

Little Blue
02-11-2007, 01:45 PM
I've been to Cambridgeshire, got some family in Cambridge. It's nice down in Cambridge, and other place in East Anglia (some parts even have beaches :eek:), but, I prefer Birmingham, but I prefer Solihull to Birmingham :p

Old Manus
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
East Angular, that's abroad innit?

Dreddz
02-11-2007, 02:19 PM
No I dont live in East Anglia, and Im very happy not to. Im not much for walking hours to get to a shop.

Shauna
02-11-2007, 02:27 PM
I thought that was in Scotland.

Gahahaha. Oh Amy~ :love:

Oh, and no, I'm not from East Anglia. :D

Jess
02-11-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm not from East Anglia, but I live in it. I live in Essex. :jess:

theundeadhero
02-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Yes.

Wait, no.

escobert
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I LIVE IN USA HI.

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 03:53 PM

http://www.simonpott.co.uk/images/map-east_anglia.gif

http://www.europa-pages.net/maps/east-anglia.jpg

Christmas
02-11-2007, 03:54 PM

LOL, MORON

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm not from East Anglia, but I live in it. I live in Essex. :jess:

Hurrah! That's one.

crono_logical
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
I used to live in Ipswich, but I moved to London 2 years ago :p London is filthy compared to Ipswich :p

No I dont live in East Anglia, and Im very happy not to. Im not much for walking hours to get to a shop.Great for exercise though :p

DM_Melkhar
02-11-2007, 04:07 PM
No I dont live in East Anglia, and Im very happy not to. Im not much for walking hours to get to a shop.

The only way you'd have to walk for ages to get to a shop is if you live in the middle of the countryside. I live in a village that has several shops and a few post offices, and about 20 minutes walk away there's another village which has a supermarket and a number of other shops in the same vicinity. Every suburb has shops in it, and most places are no more than a 20 minute bus ride to the city centre.

It's only in the very rural places in East Anglia where the largest settlement consists of about five houses that you can't find any shops within a short walking distance.

Now, Australia is a completely different story. My uncle lives quite near Melbourne and it's literally MILES from his house to get to any shops that they'd consider "local".

Old Manus
02-11-2007, 04:15 PM

*insert images*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jade_Goody
[/sarc]

escobert
02-11-2007, 04:30 PM

The only way you'd have to walk for ages to get to a shop is if you live in the middle of the countryside. I live in a village that has several shops and a few post offices, and about 20 minutes walk away there's another village which has a supermarket and a number of other shops in the same vicinity. Every suburb has shops in it, and most places are no more than a 20 minute bus ride to the city centre.

It's only in the very rural places in East Anglia where the largest settlement consists of about five houses that you can't find any shops within a short walking distance.

Now, Australia is a completely different story. My uncle lives quite near Melbourne and it's literally MILES from his house to get to any shops that they'd consider "local".

My father drives 35+ miles to go to the grocery store. And that is here in America.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm not, I live near Dublin.

Not the one in Ohio, the one in Ireland.

x.Aqueous.Transmission.x
02-11-2007, 05:24 PM

http://www.simonpott.co.uk/images/map-east_anglia.gif

http://www.europa-pages.net/maps/east-anglia.jpg

Yep I do. I live in Essex near that place called Chelmsford which you can see on the map :D well about 15 miles from there anyway. Actually looking at the first map i live closer to Maldon than chelmsford as Maldon is the town next to the village i live in. :D

Burtsplurt
02-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I went on holiday to Great Yarmouth when I was 7.

I don't think it was very good.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Diss, lol

Bunny
02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I am from West Anglia.

zorander
02-13-2007, 01:45 AM
I live in Peterborough. Only for the last 2-3 years though.

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Yep I do. I live in Essex near that place called Chelmsford which you can see on the map :D well about 15 miles from there anyway. Actually looking at the first map i live closer to Maldon than chelmsford as Maldon is the town next to the village i live in. :D
Two of my cousins (brother and sister) live in Chelmsford!

I went on holiday to Great Yarmouth when I was 7.

I don't think it was very good.
Great Yarmouth was a nice place to go to many many years ago. There's a naval museum and a monument to Nelson there. It was a really nice place (judging from old photographs I've seen) until they put all the arcades and commercial stuff in.

It's such a soul-destroying place to go to now.

Diss, lol
Are you laughing at the name or do you actually live there? :rolleyes2

I am from West Anglia.
Do you mean the west of East Anglia? Or are you just trying to be funny? :)

I live in Peterborough. Only for the last 2-3 years though.
Nice. I've only been through the train station on my way to Yorkshire to see my brother. I've never actually visitied the city.

Bunny
02-13-2007, 01:48 PM
I am from West Anglia.

Ah, you've caught me. CHEESE IT!

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 02:26 PM
I am from West Anglia.

Ah, you've caught me. CHEESE IT!
Heh, so which one is it? :D

blim
02-13-2007, 04:55 PM
nearly, i live in leicestershire although im originally a teesider. Oh and Peterborough is a dump (no offence zooander but it is although i've had many good nights at The Fiddlers Elbow in the past)

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Well there's almost half a dozen. Maybe an eastern meet up could take place in the future at some point. Not saying just yet! At some point though.

blim
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
As long as its not in Peterborough

zorander
02-13-2007, 11:26 PM
nearly, i live in leicestershire although im originally a teesider. Oh and Peterborough is a dump (no offence zooander but it is although i've had many good nights at The Fiddlers Elbow in the past)

I'm probably the last person to argue the point. I think Peterborough is a crag-hole if ever i saw one. There are more chaves, goths, crack heads and smelly wierdoes than you can shake an ASBO at. Still, it has it's "OK" bits, and it can offer you a good night out if you're in the right company and know where to go. =)

Zeldy
02-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Pfft. You should all move to the Northwest.
Thats where its cool.

http://www.farmstaynorthwest.co.uk/images/region_northwest_s_516.jpg
You can juuust about see my town xD
Its scary how close I am to liverpool.

DM_Melkhar
02-19-2007, 09:56 PM

I'm probably the last person to argue the point. I think Peterborough is a crag-hole if ever i saw one. There are more chaves, goths, crack heads and smelly wierdoes than you can shake an ASBO at. Still, it has it's "OK" bits, and it can offer you a good night out if you're in the right company and know where to go. =)
I'm...actually quite a gothic person myself. I'm not one of those with such a depressive personality though. You may find it strange, but I'm a christian as well. Can you be goth and christian? Oh yes. They don't have to be devil worshippers as many people think. I'm what you might call a renaissance kind of goth. I like Edwardian/Georgian clothing. Let's say I'm open-minded about a lot of things.

I do despise chavs though, purely because all of those that I've met have been complete..............err I can't think of a polite word :eep:. I also hate R&B, hiphop and especially rap. Other people like it, I understand, but in my own opinion it's beyond bad. I like heavy metal (as long as it's not satanic), some of the old 80s pop, and easy-listening music.

Norwich has quite a good number of goths and chavs too. I'm not a part of any large group though. I'm really just myself. I used to hang around with a group of goths when I was at college, and the goth/chav wars were easily the most pathetic things I've seen in my life so far. The chavs tend to use footballs, cups of water and bad insults that actually sound quite funny, and the goths tend to hurl insults by using complex language that most chavs didn't seem to understand. But from what you say, Peterborough doesn't sound too appealing.

Albel
02-19-2007, 11:28 PM
I use to live in Ipswich, but I live in Nottz. YH G.