PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Profile 2: Awesome or dorky?

Black Magic Shopkeeper
02-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I personally found myself liking it for some odd reason... Can't blame me, there are so many characters & Einherjars (<3 Adonis!) to choose from. That....also....being a fundamental problem along with the lack of ability to explore. So what do you guys think? If you've...even bothered to play it. >>;

Zeromus_X
02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
I really liked Valkyrie Profile 2. I think I liked the first game a bit more, but this one really explores alot more of the story, and battles are very fun ,and challenging, I thought I was going crazy with that difficulty curve during chapter three. My only gripe about the game is that to get all the best weapons for your characters, you'll have to fight rare encounters (in the bonus dungeon) that drop them very rarely (or do insane puzzles...). So unless you're able to direct assault them (if you even run into them in the first place), you won't be able to get some of the best weapons in the game, which are necessary for perfect Einherjar releases and not going insane because it took you twenty minutes to whittle down Gabriel Celeste's HP bar.

But other than that, I really liked it.

atlanteay
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
besides the fact that i die a lot, i LOVE the game. The bosses have mad amounts of HP and maybe i'm just underleveled but it's tedious during boss fights.

Black Magic Shopkeeper
02-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Don't forget the almost-impossible-to-get-to items on the high-up platforms... I still haven't managed to get that Evil Eyebrow Ring at the Aduola Temple on the Lake, and I'm already way past that chapter. Gave up on the items there, basically.

They need to come out with a #3, for Hrist. <3

atlanteay
02-11-2007, 11:29 PM
but this one is barely Silmeria. It should be called: VP: Alicia instead.

Are you at Chapter 5 yet? I just got on the the top of that tree and then beat odin in the first fight but died on the second fight with him without saving :mad:

Zeromus_X
02-12-2007, 01:53 AM
I poisoned him with Lezard's Poison Blow, then basically went through most of the battle running and dashing through the battlefield to avoid him until he died of poison.

black orb
02-12-2007, 02:48 AM
>>> I liked this game too, but the first one was much better (the first VP game was almost perfect in every aspect)..

I think this game was made to please the Valkyrie profile fans, they managed to put the 3 Valkyries, Freya, Arngrim, Lezard and Brahms as playabre characters, and even fights against Odin and Ull, something very unexpected. The super corny story/plot was just an excuse to make all that possible, the new main characters were nice too..
And the battle system and the whole Seal Stone system was just the best thing ever..

But this game is far from perfect, tri-Ace went lazy in some aspects of the game, like boring and repetitive dungeons and generic Einherjars (the Einherjars were specially disappointing)..
But as a VP fan of course I love this game.

Dreddz
02-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Valkyrie Profile 2 is both dorky and awesome.

atlanteay
02-16-2007, 02:15 AM
I poisoned him with Lezard's Poison Blow, then basically went through most of the battle running and dashing through the battlefield to avoid him until he died of poison.

i tried poison blow with my einherjar mage but never poisoned him. Guess you need Lezard to effectively poison him?

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 03:55 AM
Hm, I don't know. He does come in to that battle at a really high level, so that might effect the success of poison. But it did take a few tries.

black orb
02-16-2007, 04:32 AM
>>> Stop using cheap tactics against Odin, just give everything you got and kick his ass!..

It worked for me, lol..

BTW, I hate to admit it but mages are all a bunch of weaklings in this game, most of the magic and great magic is pretty lame, and that includes Lezard..

atlanteay
02-17-2007, 01:13 AM
trust me, i did that. Which...resulted in my death even though lezard's level was super high. Actually, he's about 1 level above my Alicia which doesn't make him THAT powerful or else i wouldn't have died :tongue:

Zeromus_X
02-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Actually, I think I had to go in and do a combo to finish him off when he got weak, since now that I recall, poison stops doing damage when you reach 1 HP in this game.

And yes, mages do start to suck after a point, but I still find them useful if I wanted to say, grind magic crystals or something (Lightning Bolt + Rufus's Killer Thorn = 80 crystals a battle quite easily). But they definitely aren't anywhere near the level of power they were at in VP1.

But anyway, look at the power of 9,999 INT. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3UZTjpIPFE) (Might contain spoilers).

Markus. D
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Actually, I think I had to go in and do a combo to finish him off when he got weak, since now that I recall, poison stops doing damage when you reach 1 HP in this game.

And yes, mages do start to suck after a point, but I still find them useful if I wanted to say, grind magic crystals or something (Lightning Bolt + Rufus's Killer Thorn = 80 crystals a battle quite easily). But they definitely aren't anywhere near the level of power they were at in VP1.

But anyway, look at the power of 9,999 INT. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3UZTjpIPFE) (Might contain spoilers).

,_,!

it was like... wow!

The Amazing Spiderman
10-10-2007, 05:09 AM
I don't know if bumping olf threads is illegal, but what the hell.

I absolutely LOVE the game. The story, the graphics, the characters, the Einherjar (Althought I wanted to see some of the first one, like Suo, Yumei, Grey, Aelia, Shiho....), and battle mode specially!
And the Secret Dungeon was a nice play, like the game, when you finish it, you can start on another difficulty. Oh yeah.

And Arngrim freakin' Rules. I don't care what they say of him.

theundeadhero
10-10-2007, 01:22 PM
This thread is from February. If you would like to talk about Valkyrie Profile 2 find a current one or make one of your own!