PDA

View Full Version : Are some games better retro?

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:20 PM
with all the talk of a remake of Final Fantasy 7 for years i was thinking about it and its a classic the way it is like a lot of games like Super Mario, Zelda, Sonic do these games really need to be remade and brought up to date?

Rostum
02-11-2007, 11:22 PM
I've never thought of PS1 games to be retro.

And it doesn't really bother me to see classic games, or retro games, being remade or brought up to todays standard in technology. I can still have fun on the older games.

Ryth
02-11-2007, 11:23 PM
I've never thought of PS1 games to be retro.

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:24 PM
But now the graphics are becoming better games like Final Fantasy 7 and Metal Gear Solid will be seen as retro in the future like Zelda or Super Mario.

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 11:35 PM
As long as the remake is good, why not? IF they botch it you still have the originalls.

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:37 PM
As long as the remake is good, why not? IF they botch it you still have the originalls.

true but don’t you think it loses something? because it wont be original anymore?

Shoeberto
02-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm realizing that I really prefer my RPGs to deliver their content via text rather than voice acting. So Final Fantasy is better old school, I suppose.

NeoCracker
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM

true but don’t you think it loses something? because it wont be original anymore?

Not really. If they change the quality scenes then yes, but if they do that I'll just play the original anyway. Nothing lost really.

chrisfffan
02-11-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm realizing that I really prefer my RPGs to deliver their content via text rather than voice acting. So Final Fantasy is better old school, I suppose.

i like the text talking too its annoying when they put a really bad voice on a character! in AC the voice acting was good though.

Roto13
02-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Every game they remake is a game they don't make at all, so no.

Agrias
02-11-2007, 11:54 PM
personally, i'd rather play soleil in its old school form. If they did happen to make a remake of it, i probably would try it, but i'd always run back to the original. I still play LoZ: link to the past cause its classic. I also want to fin an snes rom so i can download ff6 and play it old school, even though i'm sure the one on the ds light is good too.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-11-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm all for retro gaming, and I think that in most cases, the originals, while inferior graphic-wise, are still usually better than their remakes. It really does depend though...

For example, Maniac Mansion was made in 1985 for PC. Fans rewrote the game with VGA graphics, and that version is what keeps the game alive, because it's true to the original, but improved as much as possible without infringing on the classic version.

Madame Adequate
02-12-2007, 07:38 AM

QFT.

chrisfffan
02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
i do want a remake of 7 and i belive it will happen but would it be as good?

theundeadhero
02-24-2007, 02:54 PM
The originals always seem to be better.

Levian
02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Corncracker :up:

Eiko Guy
02-24-2007, 08:12 PM
If they changed nothing and kept the games integrity I would love a remake of many games. I have never played ff7 before I want to but can't find one. If they remade it I would get a chance at it. If they add small things like new monsters but have the old monsters in a game. More secets and sidequests . Adding things that keep the story the same but with a little xtra is what remakes are all about.