PDA

View Full Version : Worst Injuries

Fonzie
02-12-2007, 01:09 AM
What's your worst injury?

Probably the worst injury was when I was racing on a rocky driveway (with a flat tire on my bicycle no-less :rolleyes2) and I fell, and hit my head on the bumpy rock. Let's say I had a deep gash in my forehead :p

Araciel
02-12-2007, 01:10 AM
broke my collar bone fighting

I Took the Red Pill
02-12-2007, 01:11 AM
broke my collar bone fightingSame, but I was wrestling around with a friend and he threw me off a couch and I landed on it wrong.

Agrias
02-12-2007, 01:13 AM
it was the second last day of grade ten and we could choose to go swimming, rollerblading, golfing, or just staying in the gym. i chose swimming with my friends. The day before i had showed up this hot gd.12 guy by pulling off a better backflip than him, off the diving board.

Well my friend wanted me to teach her how, so i got up on the diving board and turned around. i flipped but i didnt jump enough and i smacked my face on the edge of the board. concussion, two black eyes, broken nose, scratches all over the left side of my face, two weeks in a neck brace, and one and a half months of no going outside till it healed.

i had passed out in the water and once i surfaced i woke up..almost died that day...ha...

Vikeve
02-12-2007, 01:47 AM
it was the second last day of grade ten and we could choose to go swimming, rollerblading, golfing, or just staying in the gym. i chose swimming with my friends. The day before i had showed up this hot gd.12 guy by pulling off a better backflip than him, off the diving board.

Well my friend wanted me to teach her how, so i got up on the diving board and turned around. i flipped but i didnt jump enough and i smacked my face on the edge of the board. concussion, two black eyes, broken nose, scratches all over the left side of my face, two weeks in a neck brace, and one and a half months of no going outside till it healed.

i had passed out in the water and once i surfaced i woke up..almost died that day...ha...

That did it for me I'm never leaving the safety of my house again.:(

I don't think I broke any bones before but I have skinned parts of my body and ouch.:mad:

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Hurting my tail bone on a stump whilst sliding where I shouldn't.

Zeldy
02-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Having a girl gauge out the skin on your cheek with her bloody nail isnt nice. It was atleast 4 years ago, and there's still a scar.
We wern't fighting, we both jumped for the netball at the same time haha.
Cutting my stomach open on a gate wasn't pleasant either D:

Ice skating is bloody painful too!

Xaven
02-12-2007, 02:00 AM
I cracked my skull when I was seven. Rather, my brother cracked it with a metal bar. D: My hands didn't look red with blood, they looked orange! :o

Christmas
02-12-2007, 02:33 AM
My arm and leg got taken away by this weird gate when i am practicing Alchemy. :(

Rye
02-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Probably the time I ran into my garage on my 6th birthday and got a black eye because I was so excited that I got a hamster that I just had to run around. ;[

kikimm
02-12-2007, 02:43 AM
None of my injuries have been REALLY painful or serious. I've gotten really sick, but not hurt. I guess it would probably be the time I fell on a rock while running down a sand dune. That hurt like a bitch. Took a lot of the skin off my left shin.

Fonzie
02-12-2007, 02:54 AM
My arm and leg got taken away by this weird gate when i am practicing Alchemy. :(

You too? I lost something that can never be replaced with alchemy, not even the Philosopher's Stone :cry:

Faris
02-12-2007, 03:55 AM
It's either the scar I have on my head for running into the stereo when I was 4 or the time I fell off my bike into a pile of dirt and rocks when I was 12 (there's still rocks and dirt in my knee from that. You can see it too!)

Laddy
02-12-2007, 04:00 AM
I was sitting in a movie theater chair with one of my friends, it fell in, and a screw sliced my leg open. Someobdy shot me in the ankle, and I broke three fingers, a collar bone, my left arm, and my ankle bone in a car accident.

oddler
02-12-2007, 04:49 AM
Probably getting hit in the face with an unopened can of Mountain Dew.

Martyr
02-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Hand was crushed while I was doing some metalwork.

HAHA! I never/rarely swear as a matter of discipline (It's a terrible habit that everybody has. Probably more unbreakable than smoking when it gets bad. I am very proud of my resiliance against it). And so when it happened, I remember shouting out, "Ho-Dang!"

Anyway, it only tore my hand up, didn't actually break anything, so I have a big scar, but everything works. I've taken a lot of hits, I suppose, to have never broken a bone. Lucky I guess.

SnoopyG
02-12-2007, 06:01 AM
during a field show for marching band, a colorguard got too close and her flag smacked me right across the face. lost a teeth, swollen cheek, and broken jaw. thank god it was just practice

Yuffie514
02-12-2007, 06:40 AM
most likely when i grilled my hands on a stove at early childhood.

Xaven
02-12-2007, 08:08 AM
during a field show for marching band, a colorguard got too close and her flag smacked me right across the face. lost a teeth, swollen cheek, and broken jaw. thank god it was just practice
Your jaw broke because a light metal pole hit you? What kind of crazy flag-work does YOUR guard do?

It's either the scar I have on my head for running into the stereo when I was 4 or the time I fell off my bike into a pile of dirt and rocks when I was 12 (there's still rocks and dirt in my knee from that. You can see it too!)
Someone else I know has rocks in their knee as well. I think it's my older sister. Ewwwwwwww.

Madame Adequate
02-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Eh, nothing special has happened to me. Cut my thumb open a few years ago, and came very close to severing the nerve. I've also shattered the fingernail on my right forefinger a couple of times, which hurts like hell, but has left no lasting damage. Oh, and I've conked myself on the head with half a brick. :d

Rocket Edge
02-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I was hit in the head by a full-force swinging golf club. I was so dazed. I had to get 9 stitch's on my forehead.

Twilight Edge
02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
SOCCER MELANCHOLY 1:
-ME IZ TEH HIT IN TEH FACE WITH TEH BALLE!

SOCCER MELANCHOLY 2:
-ME IZ TEH HIT IN TEH *chirp chirp* WITH TEH BALLE!

No.78
02-12-2007, 11:56 AM
I fractured my skull at the age of 5. :bigsmile:

Bunny
02-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I cracked my skull when I was seven. Rather, my brother cracked it with a metal bar. D: My hands didn't look red with blood, they looked orange! :o

Same. Except instead of a metal bar it was:

1. Brother hit me while he was riding a bike, causing me to flip entirely over both him and the bicycle and landing on the other side. Head first.
2. Large rock, roughly the size of four of my fists now, was dropped on my head from a height of what I estimate to be a good 10-15 feet. Although everything feels higher when you're a child.
3. Rocking back and forth on a chair not meant for rocking back and forth as hard as I was, I tipped it completely backwards and fell on the very edge of a glass casing.

Three seperate occasions I have had to have my head stitched back together. All of these happened before I hit puberty. Aside from those, the worst incident I have had occur was getting my ankle wrapped up entirely in a bike chain. Took about an hour to figure out how exactly to remove the damned thing without causing further damage.

Cz
02-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I shut my finger in a car door once. It wasn't a break, but it was pretty painful all the same.

Grendal
02-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Fell off a horse, was caught in the reins and dragged several feet across jagged gravel. >_<

Peter_20
02-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I couldn't find my shoes one school morning (DAMN SHOES!), and so I had to borrow a small pair of shoes from my mother's boyfriend, so as not to get too late for school.

The shoes were indeeed very small, and they hurt my heels so badly they were infected, and I was driven to the hospital with great fever.

THANK YOU, SHOES! :hot:

Levian
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
Jumped down from a roof, and I'm not a cat so I crushed my heel. I was the coolest kid in class 'cause I had a cast and blue crutches. Playing hide and seek was slightly harder.

Polaris
02-12-2007, 02:14 PM
I feel of stairs and my face got all with scratches specially my nose! :( I was a kid and when I almost opened my left eye when I sochked against a mirror ^^

Misfit
02-12-2007, 02:17 PM
The worst injury I ever had was when I sprained my ankle... from falling down the steps. :D! I must be lucky, I guess.

Pete for President
02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I had my shoulder dislocated during snowboarding last december. Doctors gave me morphine and a helicopter-ride. :choc:

Jowy
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
I had a cat jump on my head once and proceeed to tear away various layers of flesh. I've got two scars on my head and one on my face.

That could classify as the worst birthday ever.

Bunny
02-12-2007, 03:16 PM
I had a cat jump on my head once and proceeed to tear away various layers of flesh. I've got two scars on my head and one on my face.

That could classify as the worst birthday ever.

Oh hey, that happened to me once. I probably deserved it for throwing him down the stairs though, so no big deal. It was a bad Christmas though.

Jowy
02-12-2007, 03:19 PM
All I did was put Rockem Sockem Robots back on the shelf and then it swooped down from armoire with claws bared, lusting for my blood. :(

I Took the Red Pill
02-12-2007, 08:19 PM
I take back my previous answer, I'd forgot about the time when my friends and I were having a rock war and I got nailed in the head with a beastly stone. Six staples in the head that day.

Rainecloud
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Compressing my vertebrae.

It paralyzed me for ten minutes after it happened, and the injury still hurts to this day.

Nominus Experse
02-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Tearing various tendons in my groin when I was around 16 was probably my worst injury. Thankfully, the only lasting effects of the injury is that my ligaments and the like will sometimes make audible popping sounds while moving in certain ways.

I have been under severe pain several times in my life, but in every situation, there was nothing broken, sprained, torn, or otherwise seriously injured. Incidents ranging from falling from two stories to jumping ten feet and having my shins land full-fledged against a metal bar or having 1.5 tons of freight land on my finger... and yet I have yet to have any lasting damage besides the pain...

My body, apparently, is strangely hardy.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-12-2007, 08:49 PM
i sprained my ankle
that was probably the only thing bad thats really happened to me...
i did fall down my cuzzes stairs, and badly hurt my ankle again, i had tears rolling down my cheeks, and i wasnt like "waaahh" crying, it just hurt so much that i had to do that...by god it hurt but thats one of the worse things thats happened to me...
and all my friends have scars of where they "skidded on their bike cos they fell off" or burnt themselves with their straighteners", nothing matches that with me...apart from my wrists but they arent particularly amazing, the ankle hurts more, and it was still swollen a few months before xmas, and it was a long time before that when it happened, in a way, i was proud of my ankle...how sad

Manda_Chan
02-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Broke both my ankles when I used to play DDR, thing is I never knew they were broken so I walked around for about two weeks before they started to heal and kill me.

Chloe.
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't really had any really bad injuries but here's a few that I can think of at the moment.

One time when I was playing hockey at school , this really lanky boy wacked my finger with the hockey stick and it went all purple and swelled up like a balloon. :( I had to wait in hospital for like 5 hours just to have an x-ray and then for the docter to say "You're very lucky, as you haven't broken it." I was just like X______X.

Also, one time when I was playing netball at school last year, I went to catch the ball, but it hit my finger and like bent it in. Now I have a very spazzed up finger. :(

And another thing that I will always remember is when I was like 6 years old and i decied to wear my mums very high heeled shoes, then I walked down the stairs in them. I fell about half way down, and it hurt....alot :(.

Sergeant Hartman
02-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Broke my elbow jumping off a pile of milk crates :(
Stupid crates :mad2:

smittenkitten
02-13-2007, 10:22 PM
My worst injury has to be when I cracked my head open playing sumo wrestling. What we used to do when I was about ten was we would get read big jumpers and then stuff them with lods of clothes up the front and back. It was so much fun and when you fell back you bounced. :) I had two friends round playing and they were about to charge into each other when me stupidly enough ran right into the middle and the both smashed me head. I got blood all over my favourite pink dress. :( Although I got a red stookie (cast)! :love: