PDA

View Full Version : >> Valentine's Day Sucks..

black orb
02-13-2007, 03:33 AM
>>> Discuss..

Rye
02-13-2007, 03:33 AM
I usually like it because I eat a ton of heart candies all February, but my Mom won't let me have any until tomorrow, and I'm kind of on a diet, so grah! >:[

Plus, I am going to be lonely. :[ I usually love V-D, dating or single, but I dunno with this year.

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2007, 03:37 AM
I don't care about it one way or the other anymore. I'm cooking supper for my boyfriend and me, but it's more just an excuse to cook. ;D

Araciel
i dunno why people are so bitter about it, and i somehow knew there would be a thread like this...to discuss why people hate it so, or that they do.

i'm neutral when it comes to valentine's day, i generally do something special for the women in my life, but it doesn't majorly affect ME in any way.

Agrias
i dont like it cause not ONCE have i ever gotten ANYTHING from ANY boy....EVER! I've only gotten those pity cards from girls who i partially am friends with...lol, go me! :[

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2007, 03:40 AM
I'm also giving out Spider-Man valentines. xD

black orb
02-13-2007, 03:41 AM
i dunno why people are so bitter about it
>>> Isn't it obvious?, lonely people hates Valentine's day..

Agrias
02-13-2007, 03:45 AM
>lonely person<

Araciel
02-13-2007, 03:46 AM
>lonely person<

HAHAHAH

*pokes* you're lonely nah nah nah

seriously, remember in school you had to give out valentines to everyone?!?!? i hated that...cause it's like...'i don't really like you, but here's a card that says i do anyway'

Agrias
02-13-2007, 03:47 AM
>lonely person<

HAHAHAH

*pokes* you're lonely nah nah nah

seriously, remember in school you had to give out valentines to everyone?!?!? i hated that...cause it's like...'i don't really like you, but here's a card that says i do anyway'

you will burn in the depths of ....A REALLY BAD PLACE! ....you're probably lonely yourself! ........:(

escobert
02-13-2007, 03:47 AM
it's just a normal day for me. Making threads about how Valentines day suck is overrated :p

Araciel
02-13-2007, 03:49 AM
yeah i'm lonely...so?!?!?

don't go around mopin' bout it...till now..

*cries*

i just can't understand why people make such a big deal out of valentine's day though, it makes no sense to me how logical people can be fooled into buying into all the crap.

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-13-2007, 03:49 AM
It is my grandma's birthday then! *remembers to call her*

Agrias
02-13-2007, 03:52 AM
"Buy your valentine a car and get the second on half off! (in reality we wont let you buy the second one half off we just say we will to get more people to come buy our cars)"

pfft, what propaganda!

black orb
02-13-2007, 03:53 AM
it's just a normal day for me.
>>> A prime example of a lonely guy..

escobert
02-13-2007, 03:54 AM
Yes, there is some crappy commercials out there right now! But, that's for every holiday :p

fire_of_avalon
02-13-2007, 03:57 AM
I think loneliness is all in your head sometimes. You can be lonely in a room full of people, but you're not really alone. You can also be completely alone for days on end, but feel fine. I do this latter part a lot. Most of my friends don't get it, but sometimes I just don't want to be around people I know. I would take the latter approach to Valentine's Day if I were alone.

As it is, I didn't really want to celebrate it this year. Plans were made before I made my desires evident, so I decided to go along with them and also to do something nice for people I like.

Araciel
02-13-2007, 03:59 AM
what i really hate is how people can tell you you're lonely and then you doubt yourself and think they might be right!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Agrias
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
lol, well we'll always know, WE'RE ALONE! :mad: :cry:

Shlup
02-13-2007, 04:04 AM
I've always liked Valentine's Day. Even when I've been single I've enjoyed pampering myself and making myself a nice dinner.

Bunny
02-13-2007, 04:06 AM
Need I remind everyone who "hates" Valentine's Day that it is nothing but another day of the year, just like any other "holiday'. By hating such an insignificant and trivial thing, you are doing nothing but giving it "power".

I don't hate it. I don't really like it, but that is neither here nor there. As far as I am concerned, it is just another day.

atlanteay
02-13-2007, 04:07 AM
i just hate how the elementary school teachers used to make us bring a gift for EVERYONE instead of just the people you like. I mean, giving the person i hate the most a present is not exactly a nice experience. At least now the teachers don't care.

oddler
02-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Valentine's Day is just another day to show some romance. :choc2:

black orb
02-13-2007, 04:22 AM
I've always liked Valentine's Day. Even when I've been single I've enjoyed pampering myself and making myself a nice dinner.
>>> A Valentine's Day for oneself?.. Awesome!.

Shlup
02-13-2007, 04:30 AM
Yeah, it's perfectly acceptable for you to be your own Valentine.

Jebus
02-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Oh yeah. It's this Wednesday, innit?

*immediately forgets again and goes about his business*

Bahamut, King of Dragons
02-13-2007, 05:43 AM
^
That's kind of how I feel about it too. If I think about it more than that, I start to feel lonely and want a girlfriend. I think about that too much anyway, I don't need to let the holiday remind me even more. On the other hand, if I ever were to have a girlfriend on Valentine's Day, then I think I would look forward to it. It always feels good to make a girl feel cared about, and this is a good holiday to do that on. Maybe next year.

Yamaneko
02-13-2007, 06:00 AM
Valentine's Day is the highest of high holy holidays, manufactured by the godless retail chains to appease their Satanic overlords who give them their wealth and luxury. Count me in!

Mittopotahis
02-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Valentines Day to me is only big if I have someone to celebrate it with. Otherwise, its just another ordinary day. Now, so far my Valentines day count with someone special is zero..Right, maybe I need to do something about that.

Behold the Void
02-13-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm not fond of Valentine's day. Pink is way too hideous a color to be plastered all over. Ugh, it's like walking through a bottle of Pepto-Bismol (or however it's spelled).

Being alone never helps, and since I've always been alone on Valentine's day I honestly don't know what I'd do if I wasn't, but I'd love the opportunity to take a lady out to a nice dinner and maybe a show. For some reason I'm a huge sucker for some of the old cliches, especially those that let me be gentlemanly. So I'm probably just bitter for never having that opportunity.

NeoCracker
02-13-2007, 07:22 AM
Void is now my hero.

Owen Macwere
02-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Yet another day for me, do my work go to college, eat and sleep. I don't think of it much, or trying not to.

Wolf Kanno
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
My issue with the day is the fact that everyone expects you to do something special for the love in your life. If you really loved the person you wouldn't wait for a stupid day to show them you really care. I think everyday should be special with the person you love not just a few times a year. But then again, maybe I'm just bitter at being alone this year...:cry:

Slade
02-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah I hate Valentine's Day but that's because I don't have anyone to share it with. Makes sense, huh? :jess:
That aside, Valentine's Day is just another money making ploy anyway, wether you're with someone or not. What happened to the good old days where special days such as this and Christmas Day weren't exploited? :cry:

Polaris
02-13-2007, 01:33 PM
>>> Valentine's Day Sucks..

Agree 100%
It sucks, even if I have a bf I always spend it alone... :(

Rocket Edge
02-13-2007, 01:37 PM
It's just a normal day to me, but i wouldn't call myself lonely.

Jowy
02-13-2007, 02:13 PM
If you just turn off the TV and don't leave the house it's like any other day.

So I don't really care. =P

Levian
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Haha, a girl called me a few hours ago and asked if I wanted to do something tomorrow, and I say "on Valentine's Day?" and she gets all embarassed and says "oh uh friday then?"

I never know when to shut up and trick girls into dates.

Christmas
02-13-2007, 03:34 PM
A guy called me on a date and I suggested going to a six star hotel for a $66666 course meal with a private violist at your command and after that we can rent a $6666666 helicopter to take a tour round the city before jumping off with our hands tied. :bigsmile:

He hanged up before I finish. :(

Nominus Experse
02-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Those who complain and make a raucous, tired display all due to the fact that they are without another is, simply put, stupid. How immature and inane it is to complain about this?

And because there is ONE smurfING day of the year to which people join in a tradition of spoiling their significant other, a multitude of single men and women instantly name this one holiday as the epitome of suck.

Realize that every holiday is over-done, and bloated to gross proportions in every which way. Expecting Valentine's Day to be any smurfing different is naive.

And what do you hope to gain from posts detailing your hate for Valentine's Day, couples in general, or the fact that you have been single for X amount of years and find anything to do with a display of love frustrating and annoying? Seriously, why post these things? Are you so ridiculously tied to a need to garner attention and hollow sympathy that you go out of your way to post these sorts of things?

It's what you make of it, so complaining about it is rather stupid, since you could simply go about your day like any other.

I do this for Christmas. It has no meaning to me, and so it simply becomes a day off work.

So, in essence:

STFU.

There needs to be a sarcasm button to change the text noticeably so that oblivious people can make the connection that this post is not actually serious, but more a play on the swath of hyperbole and sarcasm throughout this thread.

;)

black orb
02-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Those who complain and make a raucous, tired display all due to the fact that they are without another is, simply put, stupid. How immature and inane it is to complain about this?

And because there is ONE smurfING day of the year to which people join in a tradition of spoiling their significant other, a multitude of single men and women instantly name this one holiday as the epitome of suck.

Realize that every holiday is over-done, and bloated to gross proportions in every which way. Expecting Valentine's Day to be any smurfing different is naive.

And what do you hope to gain from posts detailing your hate for Valentine's Day, couples in general, or the fact that you have been single for X amount of years and find anything to do with a display of love frustrating and annoying? Seriously, why post these things? Are you so ridiculously tied to a need to garner attention and hollow sympathy that you go out of your way to post these sorts of things?

It's what you make of it, so complaining about it is rather stupid, since you could simply go about your day like any other.

I do this for Christmas. It has no meaning to me, and so it simply becomes a day off work.

So, in essence:

STFU.
>>> I think someone taking this thread too seriously.. :rolleyes2

From now on I think I`ll be making hate threads for every holiday, that sound like fun.. :)

Luara
02-13-2007, 04:39 PM

So, in essence:

STFU.

From now on I think I`ll be making hate threads for every holiday, that sound like fun.. :)

this scares me :eek: :(

Lost Number
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM

So, in essence:

STFU.

this scares me :eek: :(

This gives me hope for mankind. black orb, that is, not Nominus Experse.
I dont mind Valentines Day, im just a little sad I cant spend it with who i want to.

Nominus Experse
02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
LAWL

Realize I was following due suit of this thread, meaning that I thought to create a hyperbole of anger or frustration. The only difference was that I decided to redirect it at those who were complaining about Valentine's Day, rather than at the bloated holiday itself.

Honestly, I don't care, one way or another.

It does, however, humour me that people would take such an outrageous post seriously.

:p

XxSephirothxX
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Ever since I got out of middle school and escaped the required valentine hand-out party, it hasn't been too bad. I don't have anybody to celebrate with, but that's okay. I can deal. Maybe after Valentine's day is over I'll go out and buy a bunch of chocolate that's been marked down tremendously. :p

Yamaneko
02-13-2007, 05:30 PM
But you don't know the real pain one must endure when they are all alone in the world. No one wants to hear about your lame girlfriends and how you went shopping with them, holding their purse all the while. Meanwhile I was playing CS and drinking a glass of rum and coke, BITCH!

Zeldy
02-13-2007, 05:30 PM
I think its cute. I am bitter about it though, Ive never recieved a valentines xD

Tomorrow Im going to my friends house and watching a horror. Its SINGLE PEOPLE ONLY LOL.

Heero Yuy NWZC
02-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I was never really into Valentine's Day until recently since Valentine's Day finally has a prupose for me. (spending time with my girl and doing something special with her.) Problem is, can't really think of what to do. The internet really cuts down your options. :(

BarelySeeAtAll
02-13-2007, 06:53 PM
am hating it...i want it to die...unless i had a certain someone to share it with mind...otherwise...
cos too many people start boasting about how many cards they got...stupid people...

escobert
02-13-2007, 07:19 PM
A guy called me on a date and I suggested going to a six star hotel for a $66666 course meal with a private violist at your command and after that we can rent a $6666666 helicopter to take a tour round the city before jumping off with our hands tied. :bigsmile:

He hanged up before I finish. :(

I don't see why/ That would be a wonderful night!

Disco Potato
02-13-2007, 07:58 PM
I used to not like it because it reminded me of my single-ness, but now, as long as hordes of people aren't making out in public because of the holiday I don't really care about it. Massive PDAs squick me out :O_O:

Martyr
02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Valentine's Day is the highest of high holy holidays, manufactured by the godless retail chains to appease their Satanic overlords who give them their wealth and luxury. Count me in!

Which makes me wonder if I should've been extra daring with the stock market.

Vikeve
02-13-2007, 08:25 PM
I think its kind of a sweet holiday although Ive never had anyone to share it with. I still think its nice. Why wouldn't I like a day thats supposed to spread joy. But then I see threads like this ><<!!! !

I actually don't mind it either way. I love Valentine's day becuase of the candy hearts those things are way too good.:love:

I know its all about the people who want to get rich of of selling crap to people but what the hey every holiday is like that you just gotta enjoy it.:)

Craig
02-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, I'm not gonna be lonely or bitter tomorrow, it'll just be another day to me. Heck, I'll probably go see Hot Fuzz with my friends.

But the fact that my girlfriend broke up with me a month ago, and the girl I like now lives in a different city will probably make this particular Valentine's Day a bit worse.

~*~Celes~*~
02-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I like it because: 1. Candy, 2. Even if I don't have someone to share it with, it's nice to watch other couples be in love with each other =]

No_face
02-14-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree...it does suck muchens. It's worse in highschool i think, cuz all the people you just seem to dislike or hate with a passion always are the balloon waving, overflowed pockets full of gift getters and sadly...none for you:( (thas me in my case anyways)

^__^but, i do like it abit, cuz i can try and give a little card or two to the few good people who DO deserve some lovin'on this mass-overly marketed holiday which was to comemorate the matyrdome of some saint who got beaten to death then had his head chopped off :)

Riana
02-14-2007, 03:15 PM
I was fine about it 'til I read this thread. :(

I can't say how I feel about Valentine's day, never got one for 7 years now. It's just another day. :eep:

Doesn't mean I'll make it miserable for anyone else though. I wish them all the happiness~

Jess
02-14-2007, 06:34 PM
I have never done anything for Valentines before today.

I made my boyfriend some 'coupons' with little things on that he can use at any point. :o

We're going out to a mexican restaurant later, too. :jess:

Bunny
02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I made my boyfriend some 'coupons' with little things on that he can use at any point.

What kind of things can these coupons be used for? :P

abrojtm
02-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Valentine's Day is pretty depressing unless you have someone to spend it with. Then it's depressing because your wallet is out a lot of money.

Jewelry? Pshaw!

Jojee
02-14-2007, 07:13 PM
I've usually always looked forward to Valentines Day... but so far, this year, I've spent it fighting with my boyfriend, listening to him bitch very loudly about me to our roommate, and laying in bed alone. xD Sad thing is, it's supposed to be our 3-year anniversary too. Ah well, story of my life :p Expectations are usually disappointing.

NeoCracker
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
This Valentines day rocks. Nothing beats your house almost burning down and the theatrical actions of your brother during that period of time.

I Don't Need A Name
02-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Valentines Day has sucked like it has for the past 16 years of my life...alone again :rolleyes2

Hazzard
02-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Well my valentines just finished, it was kinda funny though.
All the guys at my school were all bowing down to the girls and asking if they could be there valentines. I didnt have a particular person which i wanted to be my valentine, but i thought...Hell with it!!! And bought a rose like other people, and i gave it to a pretty girl in my science class, which was picked randomly, and everyone now thinks i fancy her, cause i done it in a sort of emotional way... After she gave me some hug, but overall the valentines day of:

Wednesday 14th February 2007
Was a good day...!!!

cloud_doll
02-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY!
i've never once had a valentine! i've had boyfriends during christmas, i've had dates during easter, but between those there's valentine's day, and i'm always alone >.< that's why i hide in my room all day until it's over -_-

McLovin'
02-14-2007, 11:24 PM
I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY!
i've never once had a valentine! i've had boyfriends during christmas, i've had dates during easter, but between those there's valentine's day, and i'm always alone >.< that's why i hide in my room all day until it's over -_-

Cupid didn't pay someone a visit this season...

Kyri
02-14-2007, 11:26 PM
For all of you who thinks valentine's day sucks, it could be worse. Today my friend told the guy she loves that she loves him, he just said "oh ok" and walked away. I feel bad for her.

cloud_doll
02-14-2007, 11:30 PM
For all of you who thinks valentine's day sucks, it could be worse. Today my friend told the guy she loves that she loves him, he just said "oh ok" and walked away. I feel bad for her.

owie >.<
that's why i choose to hide!
no wait...i dont know.

Agrias
02-14-2007, 11:36 PM
lol, it sucks cause love usually is painful. in italy or france, i bet its really romantic! nice whine! nice chocolates!....*le sigh*

Disco Potato
02-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I HATE VALENTINE'S DAY!

My friend's boyfriend broke up with her a few days ago...they had been going out for about 7 months and she had to spend this Valentines day alone :-\

Rostum
02-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I took my girlfriend (of four years) out to Melbourne's most beautiful botanical gardens, and had a picnic. Then we just lazed around at home watching afternoon TV.

:love:

Setzer Gabianni
02-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Ouch - just read some comments. I feel sorry for some people ;_;

But yeah, V-Day is just a money making holiday day..thingy. People say it is a special day for lovers - isn't every day spent with your lover/family/friends special?

Lol - someone actually said to me yesterday that they would have asked me out if they were single. This guy was cute, had similar interests as me - but i practically freaked out when he asked me.

T_T

Nominus Experse
02-15-2007, 03:19 PM
I made my boyfriend some 'coupons' with little things on that he can use at any point.

What kind of things can these coupons be used for? :P
If they're anything like the coupons I randomly found one day in my sketchbook one day, then they are likely free tickets to such things as a Lap Dance, Baked Dinner or Dessert, Massage, Act Like a Birthday Hooker, etc...