PDA

View Full Version : Trade ins.... *UK*

pinkmage
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
Right heres the deal....

I finished Red Steel and Star Ocean 2 the other day and, along with Big Brain academy, plan to take them into town today and trade them in

But i was wondering (and this is a question for all the Brits out there), how much dya think ill get? and where should i go?

Normally, i would go to Gamestation as 'They wont be beaten on trade ins' but i heard they are getting a bit arsey with everyone trading Red Steel in.

Im gonna get WarioWare SM i think but i wanna no im gonna get enough on the trade in to want to pay extra.... :rolleyes2

Fatal Impurity
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Well as with everything these days....SHOP AROUND! You cant beat going around to every games shop in town to find the best prices afterall if you dont and you trade it in somewhere only to find out later that you could of got alot more somewhere else...Im pretty sure you'd be kicking yourself pretty hard...especially on games as new and as high on trade in value as those!

Madame Adequate
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Try CEX, if you've got one near you. They're pretty good.

I wouldn't trade SO2 though. It's pretty rare I think, worth keeping.

NM
02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Take them into Gamestation and ask how much there worth to trade. If you don't think your getting a fair price, don't trade them.

pinkmage
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM
my problem is i dont know what a fair price is.....lol

ill have a look, the guys in GAME near me can be really tight but ill have a loook. I dont have a CEX or whatever its called near me :(

Dreddz
02-13-2007, 01:29 PM
SO2 isnt worth trading in, you wont get an awful lot. Try selling it on eBay.

As for Red Steel, you'll get £30 for that. New games usually go for £30. Big Brain Academy should go for £15-£20.

Gamestation is alot better than GAME for trading in games.

Levian
02-13-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't know about the UK, but trade ins are robbery here in Norway. I use an internet site where you can trade games with other people, and give £5 to the owner of the site. Now that's a good deal. :) Maybe there's a site like this for people in the UK?

Khaotic
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
How about this, you go to that gamestation or whatever its called, ask how much they'd pay for SO2 and i'll give you double that. :D

..I'm just kidding, but seriously, i'll kill you if you sell it to them. They'll just end up reselling it for alot more. If you want to get rid of it that badly, sell it on ebay where you can get quite abit more than they'll offer you.

Rainecloud
02-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Gamestation has always been the best for me, although Game next door do occasionally beat their trade in price, despite Gamestation's claim that they won't be beaten.

I've not heard about them 'getting arsey' where Red Steel is concerned. I also doubt they'll refuse to take it. Give it a try - you don't have anything to lose.

You'll probably get around £18 trade in for Red Steel, roughly. I'm not sure about the other game.

Shoeberto
02-13-2007, 10:21 PM
SO2 should be ebay'd fo sho fo sho.