PDA

View Full Version : Interests and pet peeves

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I want to be a published author in the fantasy genre some day, that's my primary goal. But as for other things, though you can see them in our profiles, I think discussing interests other than Final Fantasy would be good.

My interests? Well:
* Fantasy.
* Writing.
* Language.
* Pre-20th century history .
* Pirates.
* Ships (galleons and pretty much any other tall ship - as long as it has sails).
* RPGs (many more than just Final Fantasy), and other videogames.

Does anyone have an Xbox 360 who can connect to Xbox Live with it?
My gamertag is DM Melkhar (it doesn't have the underscore) if you want to add me.

oddler
02-13-2007, 03:18 PM
I'll pretty much ream you if you upset the grammar gods.

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I'll pretty much ream you if you upset the grammar gods.
I beg your pardon? I've done a full A-level in English Language and Literature. I know exactly how to spell, and use grammar and punctuation correctly thank you. Should I make a mistake, it would be accidental and I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to make things difficult.

Regardless, this is just a messageboard, meaning that whatever is posted is simple chatter. I'd agree with you if I was typing an essay to be marked, but I'm not. I am on this forum to talk people and to get to know people who share some of the same interests.

My apologies if I have misread the meaning of your message.

What's that with your signature? I always feel the need to express my opinion to what is said to me, and I usually will respond. It will always be in the most neutral way I can think of.

Anyway, could we please keep to the topic?
I think this could help in getting to know others better. :)

oddler
02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
That's my pet peeve. :lol:

I guess I'm pretty laid back. Give me a decent video game or some food and I'm a happy guy.
Every now and then I like to read books. I don't do that very often, however.
I'm definitely a huge fan of creating storylines. I'm a dork like that. :tongue:
Edit: Yeah, I'll have to add singing here, too.

Manda_Chan
02-13-2007, 09:24 PM
Mine? Well...
* Gaming
* Modding cars (well help my boyfriend do it.)
* Singing
* English Language
* Reading.

I'm just a laid back person really. I am one of these girls that likes to watch freaky movies, stuff like: Silent Hill, Gothicka, Resident Evil, anything with blood guts and gore really. Same as games, but I do have a soft spot for Kingdom hearts, now I would play it if my PS2 didn't die!!!

Pet Peeve? People who don't leave me alone.

DM_Melkhar
02-13-2007, 09:35 PM

I guess I'm pretty laid back. Give me a decent video game or some food and I'm a happy guy.
I'm definitely a huge fan of creating storylines. I'm a dork like that. :tongue:
Ah! Then I misread you. Sorry. You should have stated that. :rolleyes2
People have had a habit of saying the same kind of thing to me, assuming that I'm trying too hard and the likes. That's the people on Gaia for you. They tend to have a go at someone for just about everything.

I guess I made an assumption....oops. :eep:

I actually feel the same way you do. When somone spells something wrong, or uses incorrect grammar (etc), it really gets on my nerves and I feel the need to correct them.

One of my other pet peeves has actually come about recently.
It was triggered by my ex boyfriend (we only broke up a few days ago).

Arrogance is habitual for him. He does nothing but sit at home all day playing games or watching tv if his parents haven't given him chores to do. Some of you may say "well I do that", but the question is - are you 21 almost 22 without a job, without training, and without any aspirations? He seems to be happy doing sod all as well as siphoning luxuries off his parents.

That isn't the pet peeve. It's irritating, granted, but the main problem I've had with him is that because of all the time he's spent sitting on his arse gathering information off the internet and the television, he's acquired a much higher than average general knowledge. BUT! He doesn't discuss these things with you. It's more like he's talking "at" you rather than "to" you, and no matter what you say he'll always find a way to try to prove you wrong. You'd end up being lost for words, or, if you proved him wrong, he'd sulk.

It's the element of it rather than him specifically.

Polaris
02-13-2007, 09:40 PM
-Art
-Writting
-Philosophy
-Reading
-Music
-Astronomy
-Languages
-Design

I'll update soon!

rubah
02-13-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't like when people use little fonts and make stuff hard to read x.x;

but I really hate snobby liberal people who think that because they don't look down at certain people that they are afforded the opportunity to look down upon everyone else! I recently remembered that today.

Bunny
02-13-2007, 10:53 PM

I'm glad your pet peeve extends only to grammar and not sentence or paragraph structure. Good to know.

As far as pet peeves are concerned, I have two main ones. The first is stupidity, which is pretty huge for me. I cannot stand when people say very stupid things, aside for when it is said in a sarcastic or joking manner. The other is when people have endless debates over trivial matters and refuse to reach a conclusion because they believe wholeheartedly that they are correct. Worsened when they refuse to "agree to disagree". Compare these two and I will usually explode with anger.

Aside from those two, there isn't much that bothers me. I'm a fairly laid back individual and it is all good usually.

As far as interests are concerned...

I have an interest in the English language, as well as other languages. But the interest does not extend that far and I am fairly bad at picking up other languages. Although I suspect that it was moreso the instructors fault that I did not learn the language. I am also interested in history, specifically European and Asian histories of the medieval variety. Strategy is also another high interest for me. Reading and writing are fairly standard for anyone that enjoys language, I'd wager. Psychology is probably the biggest of my interests.

XxSephirothxX
02-13-2007, 10:58 PM
I am interested in stuff. Cinema, literature, videogames, music. The usual. I don't really write for fun like I did when I was younger, but I'm still interested in journalism and will be pursuing an education in it once I finish my first two years of college and get core classes out of the way.

There are so many things out there that bother me, I really shouldn't even go into it. :p

Shlup
02-13-2007, 11:39 PM
My interests are interests.