PDA

View Full Version : What consoles and/or games will you buy this spring?

Dragonsoul
02-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I am currently planning this...

Alundra 1 - 1998 Playstation 1 action rpg
Rogue Galaxy - 2007 Playstation 2 traditional rpg
Xbox 360 Premium
Blue Dragon - 2007 Xbox 360 traditional rpg

What is your current plan? :)

Pete for President
02-14-2007, 10:38 PM
My list so far;

- FF XII, still waiting for the release in Europe...
- Shadow of the Colossus, gotta get it somewhere where it's cheap!
- Maybe Okami.

NeoCracker
02-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Blue Dragon and God of War 2.

Dreddz
02-14-2007, 10:41 PM
A PS3, hopefully.

EDIT - Coupled with Virtua Fighter 5, of course.

Little Blue
02-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Final Fantasy XII
Space Empires IV and V

I plan to buy them all at the same time off Amazon when XII gets released here in the UK.

Rostum
02-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, this year I'll be trying to get:

- Final Fantasy 12
- Rogue Galaxy
- Okami
- Nintendo DS
- FF1-6 for GBA/DS
- Xenosaga 3 (If it ever comes out in Australia! I might have to import and mod my PS2)

And that's it so far. I'd like to get a Wii and some games for it though, but I think I'll wait a year like I plan to with the PS3.

Madame Adequate
02-14-2007, 11:36 PM
A PC Upgrade (or entirely new system)
Spore
Supreme Commander
Command & Conquer 3
Probably something else I've forgotten.

Erdrick Holmes
02-15-2007, 12:08 AM
A 360 and Blue Dragon.

EDIT: And Dragon Quest IX if it comes out by then.

Mirage
02-15-2007, 12:34 AM
No consoles at all. I might buy FFXII when it hits the shelves here in Europe, then I might buy Disgaea 2.

The Mog Ninja
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
FFXII
any RPG i can find anywhere on any console
some other stuff

btw i have/had Alundra 1 and 2 and they both P3nZ0rs hard so yeah good idea getting alundra 1

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
I'd like to buy a Wii, but I have to see how finances work out. Twilight Princess would come along with that.

Slothy
02-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Not buying any consoles. Will be picking up God of War 2, Virtua Fighter 5 and Lair though. And if it's coming out anytime soon Bioshock. You know, I should really check its release date.

Edit: Forgot about Virtua Tennis 3.

Dragonsoul
02-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Not buying any consoles. Will be picking up God of War 2, Virtua Fighter 5 and Lair though. And if it's coming out anytime soon Bioshock. You know, I should really check its release date.

Edit: Forgot about Virtua Tennis 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioShock
It's coming out in June for PC and Xbox 360.

To Kingdom Hearts King, Alundra 1 rules! Browse on youtube.com to find the two great videos for the opening. One video has a rock style theme and an anime style, it plays if you don't press any buttons after turning on the game. The other one shows footage from the game and cool music, it also plays if you don't press any buttons. Search for alundra there to find them. :)

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 01:08 AM
And if it's coming out anytime soon Bioshock. You know, I should really check its release date.
I want. So bad.

My PC would explode if I tried to play it, though.

JKTrix
02-15-2007, 03:03 AM
*cracks knuckles*

Lunar Knights
A PS3
Virtua Fighter 5
God of War 2
Mario Galaxy
Smash Bros Brawl
Blue Dragon
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Halo 3
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Meteos Disney
SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters DS
Custom Robo Arena
Pokemon Pearl (got Pokemon Diamond already)
Etrian Odyssey
Professor Layton
Bleach DS 2nd
Super Robot Taisen W
Sonic & the Secret Rings
SSX Blur maybe
Donkey Kong Bongo Blast
Super Paper Mario
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (if it's real)
NBA Street Homecourt

...damn, I buy way too many games. No wonder I don't finish anything. There are more, but I think I just shocked myself with how much stuff I'm looking forward to this year.

I'm tellin' ya, crack is cheaper.

Momiji
02-15-2007, 03:07 AM
I don't know about THIS SPRING, but I'll eventually get:

Castlevania- Symphony of the Night
FFVI Advance

XxSephirothxX
02-15-2007, 03:24 AM
Let's see. I don't really remember everything that's coming out this spring.
I'll probably get a Wii and Twilight Princess at some point. I might also get Guitar Hero II for the 360, Symphony of the Night for XBLA (I think it's worth re-buying for widescreen HD support) and FFVI for the GBA. There are a lot of other games coming later in the year that I'll pick up, but there's no reason to get ahead of myself. :p

Iceglow
02-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 11 (since I got a laptop that should run it now)
Guild Wars (plus expansion packs)
maybe WoW but then I have one mmorpg that charges each month to play on the list already.

RiseToFall
02-15-2007, 05:39 AM
Chances are, I'll probably pick these items up in the summer rather than spring.

-360/Wii/PS3 - Not all three, I need to figure out wich one I want the most. It will most likely be the 360, but I might change my mind.

- God of War II
- Rogue Galaxy
- Disgaea 1 and 2
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
- Fatal Frame 1,2,3
- Okami
- Guitar Hero 2
- Bully
- GTA - Liberty City Stories
- Dark Cloud 1 and 2
- Guilty Gear X, X2
- Legaia 2 Duel Saga
- Ratchet and Clank - Series
- Sly Cooper - Series
- Indigo Prophecy
- Radiata Stories

- Pretty much a :skull::skull::skull::skull: load of PS2 games that I couldn't pick up before. Most of those games are/or will be in the bargain bin, so they'll probably cost around $5 - $10 a game, I think I should be able to pick most of them up.

fantasyjunkie
02-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Well, I turn 40 March 1st :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: so I'll have to treat myself to Gods of War and later this spring when I can actually perhaps see one on a shelf, a Wii. I havent even seen one yet :(

Madame Adequate
02-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Presuming it hits, Mass Effect. Can't believe I forgot it ;__;

Roto13
02-15-2007, 11:59 AM
The only thing I actually planned to buy in the last year has been my Wii with Twilight Princess. Everything else I impulse buy. :P Though I'll most definitely buy Phantom Hourglass when it hits, since I'm a Zelda fanatic.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-15-2007, 12:16 PM
The only game I'm really looking forward to is S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.

KentaRawr!
02-15-2007, 12:49 PM
Not quite sure, actually. Tomorrow, thanks to my wonderful allowance saving and earning $20 snow shovelling (I had to split it with my co-worker), I'll have $70. Now, I could save this money up to get an X-Box 360 (which probably won't happen this spring if I do plan on this), or get some games for systems I already have!

I've pretty much maxed out my PS2, but the sad thing is is that I haven't beaten many of them, or even played them. I haven't even played Ico or Dragon Warrior 8 yet!

On the other hand, I still don't have Final Fantasy 12, and my Wii's library is terribly pathetic at the time. And there are also a few DS games I've had my eye on for a while now...

So, these are the possibilities:

1. Save up money for X-Box 360
2. Save money until good Wii game comes out
3. Get Final Fantasy 12
4. Get 1 or 2 DS Games

Bunny
02-15-2007, 12:53 PM
I, uh, will probably get one of the new Pokemon games. Forever proving that I am a huge nerd.

JKTrix
02-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Do not be ashamed of playing Pokemon. They are deceptively great games.

Also, Kentarou, get DBZ for Wii. :P

KentaRawr!
02-15-2007, 01:15 PM

I did. I actually ended up getting somewhat bored of it. n_n; After I learned the trip, smack up, fly toward and smack down combo, it got a bit repetitive.

Roto13
02-15-2007, 02:37 PM

I did. I actually ended up getting somewhat bored of it. n_n; After I learned the trip, smack up, fly toward and smack down combo, it got a bit repetitive.

I rented Wario Ware Smooth Moves yesterday and it'll probably be my next impulse buy. :P I get what you're saying about DBZ 2, too. I rented it and enjoyed it, but I got kind of bored with it. The characters didn't vary much, except the androids couldn't charge their energy meters.

Jowy
02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
All I really have on the 2007 lineup is God of War II. If I manage to ever find a Wii, I'll pick up Super Paper Mario.

Hazzard
02-16-2007, 12:43 AM
Right on to Pokemon!
I just need to purchase a Nintendo DS, then that will be me buying pokemon.
But it seems a bit too long for me, ill wait until the price of a DS falls down rapidly...!!!

Dragonsoul
02-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the posts! I returned to current generation video gaming in late November of last year, so I haven't gotten to all of my top games for the fall season of 2006. If at the start of the fall season in 2006(Mid August) I had a Playstation 2 and time and money and interest, here is what I would have done...

Buy Slim black Playstation 2
Beat Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Beat Xenosaga III
Beat Final Fantasy XII(With all side quests, totalling 150 hours!)
Buy Wii
Beat The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess(Maybe with all side quests)

I bought the slim black Playstation 2. I beat FF VII: Dog and am working on Final Fantasy XII. What I haven't done is beaten Xenosaga III or bought a Wii and beaten the new Zelda game. I won't have time right now to get to those I think because now we are in the spring season and I don't want to fall behind too much on the spring stuff. So I need to keep up with the top games.

As a result of this I will do this...
Feb - 50 hours left in Final Fantasy XII.
Mar - I will beat Alundra 1.
Mar/Apr/May - I will beat Rogue Galaxy.
Jun/Jul - I will get Xbox 360 and beat Blue Dragon.
Aug/Sep/Oct - I think I'll beat Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story
Nov and later - I am not sure what I will do yet.

In late 2007 I wonder what I will do. White Knight Story I don't think will be out yet. I don't know what's good that is coming out for Xbox 360. I don't know if I will be interested in FF Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers or Dragon Quest Swords or Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix. So if nothing new and good comes out I could play maybe some of these games...

Xenogears
Wild Arms: The Vth Vanguard(New PS 2 game! Quarter 3, probably late August or early September!)
Tactics Ogre(PS 1)
Final Fantasy X-2

Also...
Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest(I need to finish all FF's!)
Radical Dreamers(Chrono Trigger is my 2nd fav game!)

Nominus Experse
02-16-2007, 01:53 AM
God of War II
I need to repurchase FFXII (My Playstation 2 literally ate my other one)
FFVI for GBA
Disgaea 2
And Oblivion if I upgrade my computer a little bit

Dragonsoul
02-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Your getting FF XII again, get the limited edition I like it! Also, let me adjust my plans I had posted. I think I should play the games in this order, although there will be games I beat between these though...

Chrono Trigger - Beaten already
Radical Dreamers
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
Xenosaga 3

I wonder if that "team" did anything else that was huge like those games? Now that the Xenosaga series is stopped after 3 titles instead of the originally planned 6, maybe we will see a return to the Chrono series of games! I think they should make Chrono and Xeno games one after the other. This reminds me of this other team I like...

Ogre Battle
Tactics Ogre
Final Fantasy Tactics
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy XII
Either FF T(handheld) or FF XII: RW or FFTA2 they are working on next

Nominus Experse
02-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Your getting FF XII again, get the limited edition I like it!
There is no difference between the two, save the sub-par interviews and extras found on the bonus disc.

Dragonsoul
02-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Those differences you mentioned are the reasons I recommend it. I don't mean that the game is different. I mean that you get a bonus disc.

I recommend buying the limited edition of Final Fantasy XII, which comes with a highly enjoyable bonus disc. If I try to play the interview with Hitoshi Sakimoto, it freezes. I went to the store and got another copy and the same error occurs, it must be an error in my Playstation 2(slim black, bought Nov 06). Does anybody else have this error I wonder? :)

RiseToFall
02-16-2007, 04:58 AM
Those differences you mentioned are the reasons I recommend it. I don't mean that the game is different. I mean that you get a bonus disc.

I recommend buying the limited edition of Final Fantasy XII, which comes with a highly enjoyable bonus disc. If I try to play the interview with Hitoshi Sakimoto, it freezes. I went to the store and got another copy and the same error occurs, it must be an error in my Playstation 2(slim black, bought Nov 06). Does anybody else have this error I wonder? :)

Try it on a different DVD player.

Havoc
02-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I'll certainly get:

X box 360 Premuim Core
Extra wireless controller
Charger dock
2 faceplates
Lost Planet CE
Gears of War CE
Mass Effect
Saints Row
GTA VCS (ps2 version)
Ar Tonelico
Rogue Galaxy
Dirge of Cerberus
Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy III

I'll recieve a nice $1,500 bonus check this spring(in April) from work, so I should be able to get it all at once.

Remedy
02-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Rogue Galaxy
after finishing Final Fantasy XII

Dragonsoul
02-18-2007, 12:56 AM
That poster is getting Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus, great! It is with flaws but I enjoyed it some. :)

Anyways, I got Rogue Galaxy yesterday! It is great! I am still playing Final Fantasy XII though also at the same time. Let me get Alundra 1 and Blue Dragon next.

I'm happy! :)

Nifleheim7
02-20-2007, 09:55 AM
There's a lot of games that i want to buy this year(more than any other previous year that i remember)so i'll be more than happy if i manage to buy 50% of them.
I also want to buy a Wii by the end of the year.Hopefully there will be enough interesting games by then.
The only sure thing is that today i'll buy FFXII (PAL) after a looong wait.

Dragonsoul
02-21-2007, 09:14 PM
Wii is extremely popular and will have some popular rpg's. But besides The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princes, I am not sure if I will like their other rpg's...

Super Paper Mario
Dragon Quest Swords
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
(Aliens game, not sure of the title)

Maybe I could rent it and beat Zelda, but it would take a lot of money to rent it for a month or two. Anyways, Lost Odyssey is helping me make a decision for Xbox 360, combo that with Blue Dragon, which I will be buying the day it comes out. I have to support Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu. Playstation 3 I don't need to get until Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out in Sep-Nov of 2008, although I may have it when White Knight Story comes out in Spring 2008. Anyways, I'm still busy with Final Fantasy XII and started playing Rogue Galaxy, they are both ultimate :)!