PDA

View Full Version : King of Pain

Martyr
02-15-2007, 03:11 AM
So I worked out for the first time in a long time the other day.
At first, I thought that it was bad. Kinda cramped. Kinda painful.

But today I was destroyed. EVERYTHING hurts when I try to move. I feel like an old man. I feel like I've got arthitis or something. It hurts to type on this keyboard. OW! OW! OW! OW!

Body Builders must live pointless lives, all working out and getting strong muscles just so they're too torn up to ever use them. Dudes prolly gotta stop working out for a month before they can lift 40 pound boxes.

No, seriously, I didn't shave because I'm afraid of the unbearable pain of lifting my arms that high, and don't want to slash my face open like Freddy Krueger.

Have you ever felt like Freddy Krueger?

Topics:

What's been the most painful thing you've gotten yourself into lately?
Preferably, this is your fault. Why is it your fault? Why would you do this horrible thing to yourself?

Shine On...
02-15-2007, 03:24 AM

But today I was destroyed. EVERYTHING hurts when I try to move. I feel like an old man. I feel like I've got arthitis or something. It hurts to type on this keyboard. OW! OW! OW! OW!

Body Builders must live pointless lives, all working out and getting strong muscles just so they're too torn up to ever use them. Dudes prolly gotta stop working out for a month before they can lift 40 pound boxes.

No, seriously, I didn't shave because I'm afraid of the unbearable pain of lifting my arms that high, and don't want to slash my face open like Freddy Krueger.

Topics:

Preferably, this is your fault. Why is it your fault? Why would you do this horrible thing to yourself?

I feel your pain man, in my new semester of gym we were doing fitness. And this was br00tal fitness, plus it was the first time any of us had worked out in ages. AGES I SAY!

The next day, my butt hurt so bad I don't even think it was mine anymore. :cry: The saying between me and my friends was "I got raped by pilates."

rubah
02-15-2007, 03:50 AM
I had the dumb idea to do fifty situps without really being capable of doing say, fifteen? That was a while back though. i've learned from that.

I did something that wasn't so bad, but it still sucked. I can't remember what.

Iceglow
02-15-2007, 03:51 AM
I was in a hurry to do something at work so I climbed up the front of the wharehouse racking, now this is not only ill-advised but against health and safety law thus rendering me on my own if severely injured I signed a contract that agreed I wouldn't do stuff like this (in fact I do this all the time and most managers don't care because they know I'll get the job done and not complain if it hurts). I was however rushing and had to step on a cardboard box containing some stock I knew it was a bad idea as soon as I did it and reached for the spar that would have allowed myself to pull higher up and to a safe point on the racking I slipped and fell. I landed awkquardly I fell on to a builders pallet of electrical returns (builders pallets often called boards are 4ft square boards of wood about half a foot deep often carried around by fork lift trucks) My ass cheek was sore from that but in my ass pocket had been a bunch of keys and a pair of tweezers, I landed on them and they dug in to my ass to pierce the flesh and leave me with a few scars....you lot are the first to know aside from work mates (who I could not hide the limp back down the shopfloor to) who know about it. If you think however I learnt my lesson on the health and safety of climbing up the racking you'd be wrong, I got up from that fall and immediately went straight back up the racking to the shelf I needed.

When working out and doing sit-ups or press-ups you should do as many as you can in a session on one day and then the next day push for just one more, and keep on like that untill you can do loads. Always push for just one more because that last one is the hardest and the one that helps make you fitter.

Zeldy
02-15-2007, 12:39 PM
The only time Ive felt that bad was after a 14km Duke of Edinburgh walk. The next day I could hardly move, but I had to get up and go to school. It was awful :(

My next walk will be even longer, and spread over TWO DAYS meaning I have to SLEEP outside. Oh god Im dreading it, and then it'd be school the next day xD

Bunny
02-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I died two days ago. It was kinda painful I guess.

Anaisa
02-15-2007, 01:49 PM
If you work out everyday you won't ache like that. It's only doing it occasionally that will make you ache. If you do it everyday your body will get used to it. An yeah, bodybuilders are rubbish. They seem to misunderstand the concept of exercising. It's to be fit an healthy, which their not. I can't think of any pain I've inflicted on myself recently.

Pete for President
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
In December I had my shoulder dislocated during snowboarding, this is definately the most painful thing I have experienced in my life.

It was my fault I guess, just a miscalculation of making a turn.

So I fell. I was just lying there, face in the snow, unable to get up, I just couldn't move without bursting in pain. Eventually my friends and some friendly people got me on my feet. A few phone calls later a piste-preparation vehicle arrived to pick me up and drove me down the mountain where an ambulance was waiting for me. As soon as those guys tried to place me in their ambulance, they said I'd better travel by helicopter because the roads were so bumpy I could faint of pain and make things worse by unwanted movement.

All this time I was biting on my glove to keep myself from breaking down mentally.

Eventually the helicopter arrived, doctor gave me morphine, and up I went.

In the hospital the doctors popped back my arm, which felt soooo nasty, even though I was high on morphine. It still gives me chills down my spine whenever I think of it.

Tomorrow I'm going to France, on another snowboarding-holiday. The doctor said there's a chance of 75% it'll happen to me again sometime this year, but that won't keep me from snowboarding. I'll have to be careful though.

Roto13
02-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Body builders are weird. Those freaky bodies aren't actually good for anything. They look gross.

Anyway, I hurt my arm getting a 640 or something in the home run contest on Wii Baseball.

fire_of_avalon
02-15-2007, 02:59 PM
If you work out everyday you won't ache like that. It's only doing it occasionally that will make you ache. If you do it everyday your body will get used to it. An yeah, bodybuilders are rubbish. They seem to misunderstand the concept of exercising. It's to be fit an healthy, which their not. I can't think of any pain I've inflicted on myself recently.
Anaisa's right, here. Start off small and build your way to a normal work out. Also, don't forget to stretch and warm up properly. Your muscles will thank you later. And yeah, bodybuilders are strange to me. Just because human beings are able to look like that doesn't mean that is the ultimate in human form.

Body builders are weird. Those freaky bodies aren't actually good for anything. They look gross.

Anyway, I hurt my arm getting a 640 or something in the home run contest on Wii Baseball.
Aww, you're cute. Let's get married.

Old Manus
02-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I take aching as a sign that I exercised really hard the day before :cool:

Misfit
02-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I ran a mile a few weeks ago. And then I died the next day. Now I'm back and I've learned from my mistakes. :( Next time I'll WALK. >:o

Bunny
02-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Or, and I know this might sound crazy but just follow me for a second. Get a car! Even better you could just sit in a comfortable chair for the rest of your life.

Running? Pfft. That's for runners.

Misfit
02-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Or, and I know this might sound crazy but just follow me for a second. Get a car! Even better you could just sit in a comfortable chair for the rest of your life.

Running? Pfft. That's for runners.
I can't drive a car in a gym.

Owen Macwere
02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Having three jobs in the past week make me feel so tired now that it is weekend. I spent the whole morrning asleep. Work simply ruins every limb in you.

Sergeant Hartman
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
I did some tuck jumps the other day. How I do regret it :(

Roto13
02-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Aww, you're cute. Let's get married.
You and Agrias can mud wrestle for me.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM

Topics:

haha
and i slit yesterday, wasnt very brave at doing so, so only the first part bled
and
i was locked out of my house for two hours, and my hands went numb, and still are, it hurts and they cant move very fast...i expect no sympathy really, 1) cos i shouldnt have forgot my keys and 2) cos i laughed at martyr...which i know all of you lot will go starkers cos you lot love him...:p

oddler
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
I don't think I've ever actually hurt myself semi-purposefully. Exercising is probably the closest I've ever been to making myself hurt. Here's the weird thing: (I guess it's weird seeing as nobody else so far seems to be the same way) I actually feel super good when I work out. It makes me feel fresh and hyper. Sure it sucks there for about 10 minutes right afterwards but the rush I get after that is super-duper. :)

Mikztsu
02-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Whenever I've had even THREE WEEKS break from the gym, I have to take it easy or otherwise my muscles just hurt too much. Gotta start it slowly again and increasing your sets patiently.

Madame Adequate
02-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I walk 5 to 6 miles a day, Monday through Thursday. Whilst it keeps me lean and trim, it does mean that by Thursday (i.e. right now) I've got sore feet and sometimes an aching back. It's good pain though, you know the sort of calming kind? The dull glow of pain, nothing sharp or really unpleasant? Yeah, that.

Rye
02-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Oh my god. I've been trying to actually work out in PE on the tread mill in our gym. I'm in awful shape. I fast walked for 16 minutes and jogged for about 4 minutes (pathetic, I know) and for the past few days I've been sore as hell, I feel crippled.

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 10:33 PM
About once a year I go into a workout kick where I use a treadmill every day for a few weeks and then give up because I never see any improvement in my stamina :(

The worst pain I can remember recently was my first day of working at my current job. It was about nine hour of standing and twisting my torso and I wore not very supportive shoes. When I got home, my feet were dying and my back would twitch occasionally from the dull pain.

It's gotten better, thankfully.

Raistlin
02-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Pffft, if you work out regularly for a few weeks you won't be nearly as sore.

In high school, the first week of soccer practice every year (late August), I would be DEAD. After I got in shape it was much easier.

Also, remember to stretch out a lot. That always helps

Riana
02-15-2007, 11:14 PM
I used to work at a theme park (Alton Towers if anyone's from the UK). I worked in the children's section and they had a new ride sponsered by Pegouet (sp?). Where kids get to 'drive' these electric powered cars (kinda like the toy cars you can buy) and go freely where they like. The set up was like an area with roads and roundabouts and even a car wash (which shoots out bubbles! It was awesome).

*ahem* Anyway I was one of the ride hosts, and it was my job to make sure the kids didn't bump each other. My colleagues and I wore steel toe caps on our boots so our feet were fine. Our legs weren't.

I remember the one time this girl didn't have a clue how to steer. She kept bumping all the kids and crashing into the props. She crashed right into my legs, and when I was sorting her out another kid comes behind me and crashes into the back of my legs! I was so not happy. As patient as I am with children I nearly swore.

The very same day it was raining (we still kept the ride open). There was a...very heavy boy. When he got stuck I had to lift the car around (the cars can't reverse). The children aren't allowed to get out the car. So I had to do what I had to do, and did my back in the process.

So aching legs and a sore back. I did well! Got two weeks sick pay. XD

Sorry that was long. :laughing:

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2007, 05:39 PM
I ran for 30 minutes on a running machine at school. Only cos the teacher said I couldn't. It was fun, but I was completely knackered.

Bunny
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I ran for 30 minutes on a running machine at school. Only cos the teacher said I couldn't. It was fun, but I was completely knackered.

Now, Quin, you cannot just go about creating words all willy nilly. Our language doesn't work like that.

I kinda get sore when I work out but not much. I'm tough with a couple OUGH.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Now, Quin, you cannot just go about creating words all willy nilly. Our language doesn't work like that.

Hmm? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knacker)

You must be in paradise.

Bunny
02-16-2007, 06:18 PM
'Knackers' is British/Australasian slang for testicles.

???

That does not make sense, Quin.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I was knackered. I wasn't knackers.