PDA

View Full Version : Colbert or Stewart?

Rengori
02-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Which of the two Comedy news programs do you like more? The Colbert Report or the Daily Show?

ljkkjlcm9
02-15-2007, 04:13 AM
colbert... but they both stink

THE JACKEL

I Took the Red Pill
02-15-2007, 04:14 AM
They're both hilarious, but I give Jon Stewart the upper-hand.

kikimm
02-15-2007, 04:15 AM
I think I like The Daily Show more. Stephen Colbert can be funnier, but his low points are more boring that Jon Stewart's. I think. I think that's what I think.

All I know is I'm more willing to watch The Daily Show the whole way through.

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 04:21 AM
Colbert. I don't think I can really describe why, but his show is more engaging to me.

Bunny
02-15-2007, 04:23 AM
Colbert is a satirist of the highest calibre. He is a hilarious individual, but I find Stewart to be funnier because he, more often than not, actually believes in what he is saying.

Momiji
02-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Colbert is funnier, I think.

Rengori
02-15-2007, 04:26 AM
Man, I really should have made a poll for this.

XxSephirothxX
02-15-2007, 04:30 AM
They're both really great. I think Jon Stewart is my pick, because his statements come more from his personal opinions, and his show, in general, can be more funny by offering more variety. Colbert, however, does a fantastic job of keeping his show entertaining every evening all by himself, whereas Stewart has quite a few segments in every episode that cut down on the amount of time he's controlling the show.

Really, it's hard to pick between the two. Sometimes Stephen Colbert's personality is just too much. :p

Martyr
02-15-2007, 05:28 AM
I love watching Colbert. He's probably the wittiest, fastest guy... ever.

I mean, John Stweart is probably more of a real comedian, and almost definitely more of a political newsman, but Colbert is amazing. Watching Colbert is more like watching a show. It's a different kind of bizarre entertainment, almost, really. I don't know what I'm saying.

Stewart's inherently fnnier.
Colbert is both funny and possibly the quickest man alive. I prefer to watch the prodigy phenomenon, since I can get good comedy from a variety of sources.

But the fact remains that, if the option is available, I may watch them both.

kikimm
02-15-2007, 05:39 AM
I...made a poll. Cause I'm such a nice girl.

Raistlin
02-15-2007, 05:48 AM
The Colbert Report is more consistently funny all the way through. The Daily Show has worse low points, such as some of the non-Stewart segments aren't really funny, and some of the interviews get boring. Whereas Colbert can liven up any interview.

I watch and like them both. But if I had to pick, it'd be Colbert.

Shlup
02-15-2007, 05:56 AM
What Raistlin said.

Rase
02-15-2007, 05:58 AM
What Shlup said.

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 06:03 AM
I think Martyr and Raist both summed up what I didn't know how to say.

Yamaneko
02-15-2007, 06:04 AM
No contest. Colbert. The Daily Show went downhill after he left. I only really watch it to see the end-of-show toss to Stephen. I also like how the Report is more in touch with the alternative media, like the Internet. I'm pretty sure Colbert is a lot more popular with people that frequent message boards and stuff.

The Captain
02-15-2007, 06:10 AM
I must recuse myself.

Take care all.

Shoeberto
02-15-2007, 06:17 AM
No contest. Colbert. The Daily Show went downhill after he left. I only really watch it to see the end-of-show toss to Stephen. I also like how the Report is more in touch with the alternative media, like the Internet. I'm pretty sure Colbert is a lot more popular with people that frequent message boards and stuff.
His command of the Colbert Nation is both awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time.

Bahamut, King of Dragons
02-15-2007, 06:17 AM
I pick Jon Stewart, though it is very close. They are both hilarious.

oddler
02-15-2007, 06:59 AM
The Report.

1) The t is silent. It doesn't get much cooler than that.
2) I've only seen it once but that one time destroyed my opinion of The Daily Show. I agree with what Martyr was saying about Stephen being insanely quick.
3)Stephen has an ice cream named after him. I mean, come on.

Bunny
02-15-2007, 07:23 AM
I love watching Colbert. He's probably the wittiest, fastest guy... ever.

Colbert is both funny and possibly the quickest man alive. I prefer to watch the prodigy phenomenon, since I can get good comedy from a variety of sources.

Isn't it a tad difficult to judge the speed of delivery on a scripted television show?

Roto13
02-15-2007, 12:11 PM
I...made a poll. Cause I'm such a nice girl.

You're very nice. And if you want to be very VERY nice, you'll add a "both" option for me. <3

I have a Stephen Colbert Mii but I don't know where it came from.

fire_of_avalon
02-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I like 'em both fairly the same.

Raistlin
02-15-2007, 04:41 PM
His command of the Colbert Nation is both awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time.

Haha, yes. Like how he got his Colbert army to vote 17+ million times to name that Hungarian bridge after him. And when he told people to throw GM annual reports onto the ice at a high school hockey game, they actually did it.

escobert
02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Colbert Report. Since I am noting but American!

Martyr
02-15-2007, 06:22 PM
Isn't it a tad difficult to judge the speed of delivery on a scripted television show?

Not too hard to judge when there's an interview going on. And if you think the interview's are scripted... Well, I don't think they are for various reasons.
In fact, I'm positive that they aren't.

The Captain
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Parts of the interview are, but the majority of it is Stephen.

In essence, the pre-interview, before the show, Stephen will meet the guest and chat him or her up for a few moments and also tell them not to take him too seriously and if he offends them.. tough.

It should also be pointed out: Jon is an Exec Producer of The Colbert Report, so a lot of what goes on in that show stems from Jon as much as from Stephen.

Take care all.

Moon Rabbits
02-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Daily Show. I find the Colbert Report annoying at times. If given a choice between these and any other show I watch though, I'd take the other show. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy the Daily Show.

Yamaneko
02-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't know. I have nothing against Jon Stewart, it's just I much rather watch parody humor than straight out political humor. Stephen is a character. Jon delivers punch lines.

Aurons_Desciple
02-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Does anybody have a link to all the bad iraq war analogies that they used on the latest daily show? Especially the last one for "moment of zen" something about mowing lawns

vorpal blade
02-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I like them both about the same, but if I had to choose one of the two, I think I'd go with the Report.

Magic Guy
02-17-2007, 02:32 AM
I like the Daily Show better than the Colbert Report. I often times watch the Daily Show, but I've only been able to watch the Colbert Report all the way through a few times. It has it's moments, but I think the show is usually pretty boring.

1) The t is silent. It doesn't much cooler than that.

The silent t bothers me.

No_face
02-17-2007, 02:52 AM
Stewart gives me my news for the day, Colbert gives me my sarcastic humour for the day, they both bring something to the table thas equally good.:)

Gnostic Yevon
02-19-2007, 03:19 AM
I'd have to give it to Colbert, just because he absolutely nails Bill O'reilly. Everything he does (actually down to facial expressions) is a rip on Bill O'Reilly.

NeoCracker
02-19-2007, 03:30 AM
I love both shows. Though with John Oliver added to the Daily Show, that may win my vote. John Oliver is love.

Samuraid
02-19-2007, 05:26 AM
Colbert Report is slightly more entertaining, but I generally don't watch either of them.

Araciel
02-19-2007, 05:27 AM
report...it's close, like so many have said, but i like it more, it's more nonsensical and hilarious hehe

Elite Lord Sigma
02-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Eh, I haven't watched much of either show. I'd go with Colbert, though, as he has charisma.