PDA

View Full Version : Blog wierd stuff

Polaris
02-15-2007, 10:50 AM
My cousin made a blog for me and I started posting, and I posted but then I changed to the new blogger and the text appears like this

"Mornin’? – Asked Mars-Shiva.
- Mornin’! – Answered Lady Grekah. Mars-Shiva had also red hair, but shorter than Lady Grekah, her eyes were black, her lips were rose and she was wearin’ a red top with a long but tight orange skirt."

In the other blog I had it also apperas like that but when I'm posting nothing weird happens! :(

Is there a way i can change this without having to editing all my posts?:confused:

Little Blue
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I had this issue on a RSS feed recently. I fixed by doing a string replace on the offending characters in the php code, but somehow I doubt that's an option for you (or probably the best way to do it either).

I'm guessing ’ = ' though I've noticed some editors use ’ for apostrophies (its slightly slanted compared to the '). I'm not too sure the effect of one over the other, but just try using ' or ’ in your posts and see what happens. (copy paste from this post since hitting the apostrophie key will just repeat the original symbol in your post editor).

Somehow though, unless you have access to the code or database, I doubt you'll be able to fix this without editting all your posts. Though I may be wrong, I'm still quite new for stuff like this...

Renmiri
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
It happens a lot changing from text you wrote in Word to blogger.com or from blogger.com to Wordpress.

What kind of software is your new blog in ? I think by exporting your posts to text then fixing the slanted quotes and reimporting it you may be able to fix it.

I have written some tools to export / import from Wordpress and blogger.com so I might be able to help.

Polaris
02-15-2007, 05:07 PM
http://www.blogger.com/start

where it says: New blogger using ur google account!