PDA

View Full Version : How do I move these games and stuff correctly?

Peter_20
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I've got a bunch of SNES games on my mother's computer, and I'd like to move them over to my own computer.
The thing is, I suck at technical computer stuff, so could you please tell me how to do this correctly? :p

Mirage
02-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Are your computers connected through a computer network? If so, make a shared folder on your mothers PC, and access it with your own PC, then copy everything in your SNES ROM folder over to a folder on your own computer.

If you don't have a network, just use a recordable CD and copy them over.

The most important thing is to remember that emulated SNES games are two files. One is the ROM, the other is the file where saved games are stored. You just need to make sure that they are in the same folder when you put them over on your own computer. Usually, a SNES ROM will have the file extension "smc", and the saved games will have the file extension "srm".

Copy them over, and check that they all work, before you delete them off your mothers computer.

Roto13
02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
You could always download them again.

Mirage
02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I think the clue here is to retain all the saved games.

Peter_20
02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
You could always download them again.No, because I ain't got no Internet on my computer, and I can't afford it right now. :P

Rostum
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd say you should just copy them onto a CD. Quick and easy. :)