PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon's Den.

Jowy
02-16-2007, 12:18 AM
WOW the Ice Dragon learned how to fight all of a sudden.

Let's discuss our progress through this since pretty much all of us have finished the game.

Bunny
02-16-2007, 01:41 AM
I haven't finished the game.

ljkkjlcm9
02-16-2007, 02:11 AM
I haven't even opened the gate to let the Esper's out... sheeesh man, not everyone has beaten the game, we don't all have that much time to play!

THE JACKEL

Mirage
02-16-2007, 02:51 AM
I killed the ice dragon. To be honest, I think there's too much running back and forth with fights every 4th step. I found it a bit tiresome, it's not like any of the fights are challenging anyway, it's just *enter battle* *quick* *ultima* *ultima*, it's just tedious.

Jowy
02-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Apparently that tactic stops working halfway through.

Mirage
02-16-2007, 02:57 AM
What does it change to?
*Quick*
*Attack*
*Heal*
*Quick*
*Buff*
*Attack*
?

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 03:53 AM
I already completed it in the JP version, but I've kind of lost motivation to play any more on my English version. But those upgraded dragons really do force you to fight a bit more strategically.

As for Ultima...well, I never used Ultima except for the final, final dragon, so I never used any cheap tactics. My strategy basically consisted of switching out my characters' relics/equipment as necessary so each team would be ready to fight (besides the one team with Molulu's Charm, which didn't need to worry about random encounters). Mostly it was just the weaker teams casting Teleport to escape escapable battles to save time.

abrojtm
02-16-2007, 05:18 AM
I was so glad to find that my strongest team could fight all of the dragons. I've beaten them all. The dungeon is twice as long and tedious as the Pheonix cave with pretty much every boss harder than Kefka.

I've also beaten the Soul Shrine. Huzzah for Soul of Thamasa x2 and Master's Scroll x2!

Where's Omega?

Jowy
02-16-2007, 05:24 AM
What does it change to?
*Quick*
*Attack*
*Heal*
*Quick*
*Buff*
*Attack*
?

Apparently for the Skull Dragon its:

*Hastega*
*Quick*
*Rasp*
*Rasp*
*Heal*

And yeah, that doesn't sound fun.

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh. Yeah, the upgraded Skull Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-lM7jumagQ) isn't fun at all. Ten minutes of rasp. -__- But I think the upgraded Holy and Red Dragons are also annoying (the latter of which is just a survival match).

As for Omega Weapon, you need to go back to the end of the Dragon's Den where Kaiser Dragon was. Omega will be there. He's only a bit tougher than Kaiser Dragon, and doesn't really mess around. He has alot of HP, and doesn't do the stupid Barrier Change thing. He just spams Heartless Angel, Forsaken, Ultima, and other scary MT spells.

But if you already did the monster rush, then you probably won't have a tough time at all.

Jowy
02-16-2007, 06:37 PM
What's the reward for beating Omega anyway?

Omega Sephiroth
02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
The Omega badge so you can show off to your friends for about 5 minits glory.J/K

Zeromus_X
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM
An incorrect HP listing in the Bestiary.

Darius
02-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Can you repeat the Dragon Cave over and over like the bonus dungeon in ffiva? I enjoyed fighting the latter of that dungeons bosses over and over. If the Dragon Cave is a one time thing thats kinda sad.

abrojtm
02-21-2007, 12:48 AM
There is no reward for beating Omega.
You can run through the Dragon's Den multiple times, but the bosses are no longer there.

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2007, 01:11 AM
What is this I hear of people stealing and having multiple ragnaroks in the GBA version....?

Could someone explain this to me?

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
02-21-2007, 01:18 AM
You can steal a Ragnarok and an Ultima Weapon from the third tier in the final battle. In the original game, this was kind of worthless, but since you can create a clear game save after you finish the game in the Advance version, you get to keep the Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon you steal. So yes, you can have unlimited Lightbringers and Ultima Weapons (and Souls of Thamasa and Master's Scrolls, but that's a different matter).

ljkkjlcm9
02-21-2007, 03:21 AM
You can steal a Ragnarok and an Ultima Weapon from the third tier in the final battle. In the original game, this was kind of worthless, but since you can create a clear game save after you finish the game in the Advance version, you get to keep the Ragnarok and Ultima Weapon you steal. So yes, you can have unlimited Lightbringers and Ultima Weapons (and Souls of Thamasa and Master's Scrolls, but that's a different matter).
you can save after the final boss? Hmm interesting. Well I guess you can do this in FFIV advance and FFV advance. Also makes the whole ragnarok esper/sword argument pointless cause now you can have both.

THE JACKEL

Vermachtnis
02-21-2007, 03:30 AM
I hated the Red Dragon. It came down to mostly luck and preying that Mog or whoever has Dragoon Boots doesn't fall down in time to get Ultima and Flared. I didn't think the Skull Dragon was that annoying though once I figured out how to kill it that is. Celes took over 1000 MP with Rasp and Cyan took about 700 MP twice so it didn't take too long.

I haven't fought Omega yet. What's that like?

you can save after the final boss? Hmm interesting. Well I guess you can do this in FFIV advance and FFV advance. Also makes the whole ragnarok esper/sword argument pointless cause now you can have both.

THE JACKAL

Yes and it is awesome.

Zeromus_X
02-21-2007, 03:51 AM
I just Reraised/buff spammed to survive the upgraded Red Dragon.

Omega Weapon pretty much is like Kaiser Dragon minus the annoying Barrier Change. He constantly spams Heartless Angel, Forsaken (you can finally see it outside the final battle), and even Ultima if my memory is correct. He's pretty mean. But he's nowhere near impossible, he's just a bit more powerful than any of the other superbosses.

And yes, I am very happy that I can have both the sword and the Esper. I can be lazy and Morph things!