PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Meetup?

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:12 AM
So i was just wondering, is there going to be a certain eoff meet up in Canada anywhere? If so may i have the details slash link? lol, thanks!

Faris
02-16-2007, 02:15 AM
No one has really planned anything big here in Canada, but a bunch of us could try something if anyone wants to.

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:16 AM
No one has really planned anything big here in Canada, but a bunch of us could try something if anyone wants to.

Well i think it'll be hell fun if something does occur. The only thing is the whole province thing..there's a lot....:\

i'm in B.C personally. but i'm saving up for a trip to toronto (w00t, anime north FTW)...so i guess i could save up for two trips in one?

Christmas
02-16-2007, 02:16 AM
I wanted to plan an Antarctica meetup next. :bigsmile:

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:19 AM

do you really live in Antarctica?....lol, IGLOO PARTY! duuuuude, that would be shwweeeett!

Faris
02-16-2007, 02:20 AM

Well i think it'll be hell fun if something does occur. The only thing is the whole province thing..there's a lot....:\

i'm in B.C personally. but i'm saving up for a trip to toronto (w00t, anime north FTW)...so i guess i could save up for two trips in one?

Well, I live about 5-6 hours drive from Toronto. We should gather a bunch of Canadians to see where a good place would be, and yeah, because we're all scattered and such we'd need hotel rooms and such.

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:23 AM
maybe we should all come to Vancouver! go to stanley park and stuff! toronto, we could go during the anime north convention (also a cosplay convention) apparantly the hotels lower some prices around the convention center there. But we should get more people to come. LOL

Faris
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Yeah, my friends were actually planning to go to that, or Wonderland. One of the two. For now, let's just see what others will say :greenie: There should be lots of meet-ups, as much as one big one would be nice. We need a poll of some sort xD

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:27 AM
lol ok i'll make one

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 02:32 AM
Guys I'll tell ya now that planning a meet up is a lot more work than it looks but at the same point it can be totally rewarding. Have fun and godspeed.

Ps. don't forget hotel rooms are cheaper if you share so as to split the cost most hotels will put 2 or 3 up in each room just some advice ;)

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:35 AM
Guys I'll tell ya now that planning a meet up is a lot more work than it looks but at the same point it can be totally rewarding. Have fun and godspeed.

Ps. don't forget hotel rooms are cheaper if you share so as to split the cost most hotels will put 2 or 3 up in each room just some advice ;)

indeed, thanks for the heads up!

WOW So its not letting me post a poll, so for now, just post in your comment where you prefer the meetup to be, as in what province, and town. Also state what things you might want to do, attractions, movies, anything that may appeal to you. When it should be done?...i was thinking later on in the year to give people the chance to save up in case of immense traveling. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome!

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-16-2007, 02:44 AM
I am about the same as Faris, I am about seven hours by bus from Toronto. (I live in Montreal)

If there is a Toronto meet-up, I would consider going. I would just need to have an advance notice and see if I can save up money for it.

Agrias
02-16-2007, 02:50 AM
This (http://www.animenorth.com/location.php) is all the information on the dates of the Anime North convention. If anyone cant make these dates, please make sure you tell me. If these dates are unattainable then we'll schedule it for another period of time.

02-16-2007, 02:52 AM
I am done classes by then so I will be working (hopefully), so I am sure I can manage a weekend off.

Tasura
02-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Haha, East Coast > Rest of the country.

Yea, unless there is a meet-up on this side of the country, like Halifax or Moncton, it's a no-go for me.

Faris
02-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Hmm, I'm still in classes during that time. I probably won't be able to go, but yeah, I'll still help plan things.

Haha, East Coast > Rest of the country.

Yea, unless there is a meet-up on this side of the country, like Halifax or Moncton, it's a no-go for me.

I'm basically in the same situation. I won't be able to go anywhere outside of Ontario and some places in Québec. I also have to save up money for some other things. =/ But yeah, I'll still try to help things.

Agrias
02-16-2007, 03:08 AM
Hmm, I'm still in classes during that time. I probably won't be able to go, but yeah, I'll still help plan things.

[QUOTE=Chaos Is the Key;2098983]Haha, East Coast > Rest of the country.
I'm basically in the same situation. I won't be able to go anywhere outside of Ontario and some places in Québec. I also have to save up money for some other things. =/ But yeah, I'll still try to help things.

:(
that hurts my cold brittle heart! well maybe i'll help pay for you. BWAHAHAHAH! cause i'm nice like that! and i want you there! lol! PM me if you have any suggestions or questions as to what Anime North is. I will provide a link to the main site, it has all the information you will need. If Anime North is not something that people can do due to the lack of funds, then something else may be planned for that long weekend, or the dates may change for more people to be able to come.

at this point anime north is in two and a half months, and i highly doubt alot of us will have the money to go. in which case, anime north may be cancelled as an event for that weekend, and the date is probably going to be changed to sometime during the summer, july preferably. if anyone has a problem with this date, please PM me! thanks!

02-16-2007, 03:19 AM
If anything was on the East Coast, I'd just rather go home since it would be the stop before Monkey Town :p

Agrias
02-16-2007, 04:08 AM
right now we're thinking late in the summer, in toronto, and at a castle or somewhere interesting like that. thoughts are weeelcooommee!

Giga Guess
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Until I saw the onslaught of "If it's not here, I can't go" I was gonna suggest to come here to Calgary for the Stampede...that said, though, it's awful expensive...

Misfit
02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
How come nobody will like, meetup close to where I live? :(

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
As we have said misfit in the other meet up threads you just gotta get off your ass and make it yourself, it's difficult but good fun if you get the right people on the planning team. I'd begin by making a thread with a poll asking if people are interested in doing a meet up. Then do another thread to arrange location, hotels, people comming.

Peegee
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Hey Moosefoot how come your font size isn't this small?

I live near Toronto and I will be down for any meetups. I just hope there will be people I know.

I'm also 27 years old so tell your parents >:D

Agrias
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM

I live near Toronto and I will be down for any meetups. I just hope there will be people I know.

OHNOES! we might have a pedo on our hands! JUUUUST KIDDING! bwahahah! well if there are other canadians on the forum who just...dont look at the GD, then maybe let them know too, see if they can come. Everyone is welcome..even if you're not from canada. OR WE COULD JUST BE RACIST! but we're not..so shh! lol!

Faris
02-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Agrias and I were discussing things last night, and we thought that a meet-up in Toronto during the summer would be a fine idea. There are plenty of attractions there such as the Toronto Zoo and a Medieval place. What dates would be bad for some people? Just to cancel out things. This isn't the final idea, so keep throwing in suggestions.

Doomie
02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
You guys are retarded. Montreal is Canada's playground. Everywhere else sucks.

Moon Rabbits
02-16-2007, 10:06 PM
I vote Toronto, just because I live in the next city over and can't afford anywhere else :tongue:

Agrias
02-16-2007, 10:54 PM
lol! montreal eh? well so far you fail cause everyone likes toronto, mwahahahhahaah! BUT!! we'll see!

Araciel
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM
we all know toronto is the center of the universe...which is most likely why i live like half an hour outside of it. i'm down for a meetup in ontario, i can pretty much drive anywhere anytime i want due to a flexible work schedule, etc. i have no ideas as to where or what to do, and may just as well decide not to go if i don't feel like it, but it would bee cool to hang out with some of you freaks sometime...as PG said, i'm kinda old (24) and a freaky person...imma giant.... so be forewarned.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I guess we've decided on the place, but what time in the summer would this be?

Agrias
02-17-2007, 12:09 AM
it would probably be around august. thats what me and iceglow were thinking. but we need feedback from you guys too, so we can set a definite time.

Araciel
02-17-2007, 12:10 AM
sweet....august...that's when my birthday happens

Faris
02-17-2007, 12:17 AM
I guess we've decided on the place, but what time in the summer would this be?

Well, when is best for everyone? Anytime in July-August would be the best bet (since most schools in Ontario would be out by then for anyone living in the area planning to attend.)

Another thing we should probably do is get a written permission for people under 18 to go (just like the UK meet-up people do).

Hotel(s), where we're going, when and who is coming is the info we need as well, anything else?

Edit: Yeah, August would be best for me as well.

Giga Guess
02-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Well, I know Glenn and I are visiting Toronto this summer anyways...sounds like fun.

Iceglow
02-17-2007, 12:28 AM
bah Agrias got it wrong I'd love to make my English ass get over to Canada for this meet up too but I've gotta raincheck it. I'm booking a month in Austrailia this year so yeah that's kinda impossible. However next year I have promised Agrias that I will make my way out to Canada to meet up with her and whatever other random fools decide to come and see the English guy.

Agrias
02-17-2007, 12:33 AM
yay! tis stickied! much love psy!

Psychotic
02-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Yeah, now the entire nation of Canada owes me. :cool:

...like giving me £600 or so to go to this thing, 'cause this meetup has a bunch of awesome people going, it seems. Ask the Canadian government for me, guys! If they say no, have fun playing hockey and eating mooses without me. :)

Araciel
02-17-2007, 12:42 AM
the proper plural is 'meese' if you please ;p hahahaha

yeah everyone else is invited i'm sure, if you can make it to toronto and stuff

escobert
02-17-2007, 12:48 AM

OHNOES! we might have a pedo on our hands! JUUUUST KIDDING! bwahahah! well if there are other canadians on the forum who just...dont look at the GD, then maybe let them know too, see if they can come. Everyone is welcome..even if you're not from canada. OR WE COULD JUST BE RACIST! but we're not..so shh! lol!

PGers is worse then a pedi :p he'll sexx0rz teh nub nubz.

Agrias
02-17-2007, 02:03 AM
lmao! oh noes!

Giga Guess
02-17-2007, 03:30 PM

PGers is worse then a pedi :p he'll sexx0rz teh nub nubz.

Enough sedatives, and we won't need to concern ourselves with that.

02-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Montreal would rock for me and Scar Tissue since it would really cost us nothing. There is a lot to do in Montreal, but Toronto would work just as well for me as long as I have advance notice.

Agrias
02-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Montreal would rock for me and Scar Tissue since it would really cost us nothing. There is a lot to do in Montreal, but Toronto would work just as well for me as long as I have advance notice.

indeed indeed! well, i guesssssssss, there could be two meetups, one in montreal and one in torono, and then during one day, we both kinda meetup in the middle?....we'll see about that though cause it depends on how much people can save up...mhmm

02-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I think best would be having it in one place and Toronto looks like it would be the best for most.

Agrias
02-17-2007, 09:26 PM
true true! then i guess its a fiiinnaalll! The meetup will be held in toronto! so if you're gonna look at prices, now you know where you're heading! yay!

Araciel
02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
bus ticket to toronto: 18.50 one way wooo hooo!!

no way i'm drivin in the city!!

Faris
02-17-2007, 11:14 PM
true true! then i guess its a fiiinnaalll! The meetup will be held in toronto! so if you're gonna look at prices, now you know where you're heading! yay!

Dates too, so that who ever is going can book rooms :p

Agrias
02-17-2007, 11:19 PM
we havent agreed on what exact time during summer yet, so we have to discuss that.

Araciel
02-18-2007, 12:08 AM
i vote early/mid august

Agrias
02-18-2007, 01:30 AM
mmkay, thats when Faris, Iceglow and myself were thinking, but some people might prefer a letr month or and earlier month. Lets wait a bit and see what everyone says.

02-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Anytime works for me :)

Iceglow
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I like the fact that even though I won't be comming this year :( that is unless someone wants to write my boss a letter telling him he has to let me go to it for life or death purposes and then probably help me pay my way. I seem to have gotten a place helping to plan this meet up and a vote on when it is being held. XD Agrias remember we said I would go to the 2008 Anime North with you not the 2007 :bigsmile:

Agrias
02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
I like the fact that even though I won't be comming this year :( that is unless someone wants to write my boss a letter telling him he has to let me go to it for life or death purposes and then probably help me pay my way. I seem to have gotten a place helping to plan this meet up and a vote on when it is being held. XD Agrias remember we said I would go to the 2008 Anime North with you not the 2007 :bigsmile:

yeaaaaa! duuuh!! but you still like, helped me plan the dates and stuff...SO SH YOU! YOU HAD A PART IN THIS JUST AS MUCH AS ME! lol!

Jack
02-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I'll just keep quiet. I'm having a rough time at the moment, but if you want some advice, all my stuff on the 3rd UK Meet-Up is up for grabs.

Moon Rabbits
02-19-2007, 12:34 AM
August works for me, although anytime in the summer does.

I guess I should start squirreling away monies for hotels and food and such, luckily transportation will only cost me a cool 20$ <3

Araciel
02-19-2007, 04:01 AM
wooo 20 bucks! we win!

Bomber
02-19-2007, 05:34 AM
Why don't you all come visit me in Calgary? We could go to the Stampede in July...

Agrias
02-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Why don't you all come visit me in Calgary? We could go to the Stampede in July...

well its up to the people and so far the people are telling me toronto in late august...unless they say otherwise.

Araciel
02-19-2007, 05:36 AM
calgary?!?!

no one wants to go there aside from calgarians

Chemical
02-19-2007, 06:08 AM
There's a party in my pants and you're all invited.

Agrias
02-19-2007, 06:11 AM
There's a party in my pants and you're all invited.

lmao, that made me lawl

Araciel
02-19-2007, 06:12 AM
made me throw up a lil'

:p

Doomie
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
I should have checked this more often. Toronto smells. There's too much sushi, and the place shuts down at 10PM. Montreal is where it's at. We have some of the awesomest clubs here, most of which are open until about 4AM.

Giga Guess
02-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Hmmm...I may not be able to make it after all (unless it happens around May long weekend...) but I'll be going through Toronto and Montreal at that point in time, so I would like to meet as many EoFFers as possible in that time frame anyways.

Agrias
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
scar tissue~ yes you probably should have, lol. Toronto is acceptable for most of the people who plan on coming....sooo...yea...sorry?

giga guess~ first of all, ctrl alt dlt is teh pwn! and second of all, if you can just drop by, even thats good! you'll still be included in teh pics, we'll snap them when you least expect it, MWAHAHAH!:mwahaha:

Iceglow
02-20-2007, 12:22 AM
man I wish I could have come :(

Agrias
02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
man I wish I could have come :(

well i'm gonna go to the UK meetup next year, BE THERE OR BE SQUARE! XD
i think i'll let the most enthusiastic canadian eoff meetup member make the next one. lol!

Giga Guess
02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
giga guess~ first of all, ctrl alt dlt is teh pwn! and second of all, if you can just drop by, even thats good! you'll still be included in teh pics, we'll snap them when you least expect it, MWAHAHAH!:mwahaha:

No, I mean I live in Calgary, and Mid-May is when I'll be through...I'd love to meet up with as many in that timeframe, but I don't believe that it'd be fair to ask that the event be compromised for me, either. But if I could meet any of the locals for TO and Montreal, that'd be great!

Araciel
02-20-2007, 12:53 AM
i can go to a mini meetup in toronto any time...and giga isn't a minor so we can do grown up things like go drink and such

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:00 AM

No, I mean I live in Calgary, and Mid-May is when I'll be through...I'd love to meet up with as many in that timeframe, but I don't believe that it'd be fair to ask that the event be compromised for me, either. But if I could meet any of the locals for TO and Montreal, that'd be great!

late dinner then? plus, araciel needs a drinking buddy! LOLZ! fulfill his fantasies! D:

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:01 AM
i can tdrink alone perfectly well...it's cool to have drinkin buddies tho.

Giga Guess
02-20-2007, 01:27 AM
i can tdrink alone perfectly well...it's cool to have drinkin buddies tho.

Well, I'm a cheap date, but at any rate, it sounds cool!

Just know that I get a bit handsy when I get drunk. :p

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:28 AM
no worries, i'm not attractive...even with beer goggles on ;p

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:30 AM
just keep it pg 13 you two! we dont want any gigaraciel babezzz running around! :D

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:31 AM
they would no doubt be hideous...my half anyway

hehehe

seriously though i'm thinkin i might feel out of place at the meetup since most of the participants will be about 5-6 years younger than me

Jack
02-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Hey, we have hot action in the UK.
Of all types :D

And I'm not lying.

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:33 AM
they would no doubt be hideous...my half anyway

hehehe

seriously though i'm thinkin i might feel out of place at the meetup since most of the participants will be about 5-6 years younger than me

ARACIELLLL!!!!! dont be silly!!! who careeesssss, its just about having fun! can you have fun?

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:35 AM
have fun with minors?

come on..that even looks bad in type

Jack
02-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Yes, but what sort of fun?
Oh, if you're coming to 2008 UK, I'll come. Only cause I'm curious.

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:37 AM
have fun with minors?

come on..that even looks bad in type

oh gimme a break! lolzzz, finnneeee if you dont want to come and have a nice vaca with your fellow eoff'ers, fine....LOL.........AHAHA THE UK MEETUP!!!! xD

i've agreed with iceglow to go next year, bwahahaahah! WEWT WEWT!

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:37 AM
i need to work on a passport if i am goin anywhere soon ...

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:51 AM
bwahaha! i counted a possible 12 people coming for this years canadian meetup in toronto.

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:51 AM
not counting me right?!?!?

Agrias
02-20-2007, 01:52 AM
not counting me right?!?!?

not counting you.

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
well i'm still on the fence
we'll see.

Tasura
02-20-2007, 04:15 AM
More people need to live in/move to/visit the east coast >_<

Chemical
02-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Well I live downtown Toronto and there's always something to do. I have hook ups for after parties (I met the dummer from Treble Charger there) But I'm 22 so I don't want to be pansy footing around the petting zoo or any anime convention for that matter.

On that note I would go to this:
http://www.hobbystar.com/hobbystar/

It's a Toronto Convention that features Comics, Sci-Fi, Anime and Horror. I usually go for the horror aspect but I did try and go 2005 to see mr, stuart patrick....

Anyways this year its August 24 - 26

http://www.hobbystar.com/hobbystar/Conventions.html

There's bigger attractions and I can drink.

ANYWAYS

As I said I live in Toronto so I can be a great resource for planning, and if there's any big kids who want to hit it up on the town for some dancing, debauchery and cold tea at 4 am I'm there.

(Yeah there's some places in China town that servs "cold tea" aka... beer 24.7)

I know some good hot spots:
keg parties
4 Litre pitchers for 20$ (something like 7 pints)
Hot Box Cafe
Kensington Market
3.50$ beers
3.00$ Margharitas
3.50$ Burger, fry and coke combo (AWESOME FOOD)
Nathan Phillips
El Mocombo
Dance Cave
TeaShop 1189
Kareoke Bars
The Rex Jazz Bar
The Rivoli
Eaton's Centre
All you can Eat Meat Korean BBQ
China Town
Rainbow Cinemas (cheap 5 dollar movies)
Richmond 401

And so much more...

Trust mne 10 pm is when Toronto starts to get good.

stuffing
02-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Toronto is the only place in Canada where anything happens anyways

j/k :/

count me in I guess

Agrias
02-20-2007, 10:14 PM
sssssshhhweeet! ANNDD THANKS FOR THE INFOOO chemical, you are teh pwnage!

Araciel
02-20-2007, 11:12 PM
yah that susre sounds like a good time

JAVIER
02-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Is canada near tacoma

Giga Guess
02-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Not even close, buddy.

[Edit] Well, maybe kinda close...but we're pretty hard to miss.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Is canada near tacoma

*googles it*

Tacoma is in Washington, so it's just under Canada, but almost competely west of Ontario (where we're meeting), so basically you would have quite a ways to go. Too long a drive, obviously.

Oh btw I'm thinking over whether or not I'm going. Probably not.

Peegee
02-21-2007, 12:39 PM
It would be nice if you can make it for the toronto sci fi / horror / anime / comic convention, but really, just any day is fine.

Giga Guess
02-21-2007, 01:13 PM
When's that?

Chemical
02-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I gave all the info in my previous post GG.

PSH way to be observant

It's a Toronto Convention that features Comics, Sci-Fi, Anime and Horror. I usually go for the horror aspect but I did try and go 2005 to see mr, stuart patrick....

Giga Guess
02-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I gave all the info in my previous post GG.

PSH way to be observant

Don't mock me for being half asleep.

Moon Rabbits
02-22-2007, 01:46 AM
Pfffff. Damn to you Chemical and your 19+ types and your clubs, I'll stick with my vodka in a water bottle. :greenie:

But horror conventions are <3

Araciel
02-22-2007, 02:25 AM
are you a young'un ttooo moonie??

hehehehe

damn teenagers and their makeout parties

Chemical
02-22-2007, 07:24 AM
I would love to meet all you young cuties! And tell you what, round of pool on me at the Tea 189 Pool room on Spadina! (In Chinatown) ... It's about a 30 minute walk from(or to) the convention center.

Agrias
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
AAAWWW! chemical, you're so nice! HELLZ YA! dont pass that offer up! lol! i'll pwn joo all!!!!!! D:

so everyone who can go to toronto in late august say yay or nay~!

02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
YAY!

Chemical
02-22-2007, 11:30 PM
I have a bad habbit of lying.

;) We shall see though

Yamaneko
02-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Or I could just convince myself that the mailman lost your Christmas card and you're actually a good person.

Chemical
02-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Or I could just convince myself that the mailman lost your Christmas card and you're actually a good person.

It's coming :(

I don't know why it's taking so long...
maybe it's because I'm cheap.

Moon Rabbits
02-25-2007, 08:14 PM

It's coming :(

I have a bad habit of lying

Agrias
02-25-2007, 11:32 PM
OK YAY OR NAY!
no more dilly dallying! -puts foot down-

White Raven
02-27-2007, 02:35 AM
When I'm at school I live in Mississauga, so a DT Toronto meet up is a 45 minute bus ride away.

But in the summer I live in Cambridge, but I'd still attempt to make it there.

:)

T-MaN
02-27-2007, 04:07 AM
Meeting in Canada eh? Sweet, I want in.

Peegee
02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
So is this going to happen soon? Seems odd to have a threat months ahead of schedule if we are meeting at comiccon at august 2007 :p

Iceglow
02-27-2007, 08:12 PM
No PG it's not so odd, it's a big job organising these things a lot of stuff needs doing plus newbies get to see it this way. Believe me I am already running things in my mind for next years though mainly due to the fact that for me the meet up will be longer as should everything go to plan and Agrias does come I will be keeping her company on the few days either side of the meet up where she'd be all on her lonesome.

Chemical
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
No PG it's not so odd, it's a big job organising these things a lot of stuff needs doing plus newbies get to see it this way. Believe me I am already running things in my mind for next years though mainly due to the fact that for me the meet up will be longer as should everything go to plan and Agrias does come I will be keeping her company on the few days either side of the meet up where she'd be all on her lonesome.

I think the original plan was to have it sooner - but because I think the large con would be a better attraction I and because school is out in August we should probably go with the flow.

An yah. All lying aside, I'll make a cameo.

Araciel
02-27-2007, 09:20 PM
school's out for summer?

Agrias
02-27-2007, 09:59 PM
indeed it does take a lot of planning. As for the comicon, i can get in for free since i have a friend in the character voicing/acting industry. Oh yes, keith miller FTW! I might not be able to attend this years canadian meetup, but will for sure make all the necessary arrangements for you crazy people to go. Unfortunatly there has been some setbacks do to family troubles, BUT! next year i'll try to make it for sure!

Peegee
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
=( but it will be months away are you sure you can't make it?

If we are doing the comic-con thing I will probably get an exhibitioner's pass (my brother's an indie artist in the artists alley area). weee!

Araciel
03-05-2007, 12:56 AM
dude. sweet.

Wtfmate
03-05-2007, 03:16 AM
Why don't you guys come to Grande Prairie, Alberta, instead? :D

Araciel
03-05-2007, 03:17 AM
what's out there, aside from you, of course?

Agrias
03-05-2007, 06:42 AM
so i'm probably not coming after all but i might go next month and stay there permanently. The location is Toronto, and it will stay as such. The location will not change unless the larger portion of attendees say otherwise.

Araciel
03-07-2007, 05:40 AM
izzit bad if i wait to see who's gonna be there, and then decide?!?!?

eestlinc
03-07-2007, 06:17 AM
I would have come if you had scheduled this last September when I was in Toronto for a few days, but alas.

If there's a meetup in Vancouver or Victoria I'll try to come.

Araciel
03-07-2007, 06:19 AM
i would totally use that as an excuse to just GO out west.

Giga Guess
03-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, next year, I likely will be in Vancouver, and area for my holiday...should we decide to do a round two, I'm game.

Agrias
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
well i live out in vancouver soooo, i dont know, maybe the next one can be out here? we'll see.

Agrias
03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Ok, so depending on how many people were going i've picked out one or two hotels that we can decide upon. I'm thinking maybe two or more per room. A room for a night is about 100 bucks, but since the room will be shared it can be dispersed among the users. Here are the hotels i found, that also are close to attractions :
1. http://hotels.ca/index.jsp;jsid=uvyxVd4qr2_eOaEa8Z9er
2. http://hotels.ca/index.jsp;jsid=uvyxVd4qr2_eOaEa8Z9er
3. http://hotels.ca/index.jsp
4. http://hotels.ca/index.jsp

If there are any that you know of that you'd like to submit, please do and then we will decide as a group which we'd prefer to stay in. Please keep in mind that the minimum check-in ages might be older than some of us going :\
For our sakes, try to find hotels with 18 as the minimum check in age. Thank-you

Chemical
03-12-2007, 03:06 AM

QFT

Oh and there's hostel's in Toronto
Check out Backpacker's International, it's cheaper than a hotel.
More people in a room - you can probably get a group discount in 6 - 12 bedroom for about 15$ a night. There's probably a community kitchen and community segregated shower place.

I'll go down and get more information but the Hostel here is in a good location downtown on Spadina and King I believe.

As for hotels downtown I would (REALLY REALLY) suggest the Sheraton.
But the Holiday Inn (On King, not Bathurst) and the Hilton are also both right down town.
I think those three would be my suggestions - great locations.

The Sheraton is right across from Nathan Phillips Square and a nice park.

Food is everywhere, the Eaton's center is about 20 minutes (max) walking East of any of those hotels mentioned. The TTC is close to all them, you'd just take an East Bound Streetcar to the Subway stops along the University Line.

Also just west of all those locations is basically the Club District - all of it is close to China Town on Spadina, Kensington Market... and then there's Queen Street wich is good for pubs and trendy clubs (if you prefer trance, neo-goth, indie etc.)

Man... I love Toronto.

Agrias
03-12-2007, 03:15 AM

QFT

Oh and there's hostel's in Toronto
Check out Backpacker's International, it's cheaper than a hotel.
More people in a room - you can probably get a group discount in 6 - 12 bedroom for about 15$ a night. There's probably a community kitchen and community segregated shower place.

I'll go down and get more information but the Hostel here is in a good location downtown on Spadina and King I believe.

As for hotels downtown I would (REALLY REALLY) suggest the Sheraton.
But the Holiday Inn (On King, not Bathurst) and the Hilton are also both right down town.
I think those three would be my suggestions - great locations.

The Sheraton is right across from Nathan Phillips Square and a nice park.

Food is everywhere, the Eaton's center is about 20 minutes (max) walking East of any of those hotels mentioned. The TTC is close to all them, you'd just take an East Bound Streetcar to the Subway stops along the University Line.

Also just west of all those locations is basically the Club District - all of it is close to China Town on Spadina, Kensington Market... and then there's Queen Street wich is good for pubs and trendy clubs (if you prefer trance, neo-goth, indie etc.)

Man... I love Toronto.

hey hey! thanks for the details! you definatly get a thumbs up when i first see you, ahah! could you provide links to the places you provided info on?

nozkits
03-13-2007, 02:43 AM

Well, I live about 5-6 hours drive from Toronto. We should gather a bunch of Canadians to see where a good place would be, and yeah, because we're all scattered and such we'd need hotel rooms and such.

Not Canadian, but I'll be there in the summer to visit some relatives.

Chemical
03-14-2007, 02:35 AM
<a href="http://starwood.webcanada.com/sct/">Sheraton Centre Hotel</>

<A href="http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/TORHITW-Hilton-Toronto-Ontario/index.do">Hilton</a>

<a href="http://www.hiok.com/">Holiday Inn</a>

<A href="http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.851">Global Village Backpackers</a>
** Price wise this sounds the best:
It costs about 22$ (USD) /night /person for a 6 person bedroom all male/ all female/ mixed
So that's 66$ for accomodations
Youprobably get a group discount too if you can find 10+ people to share it all with.

This hostel also gets great ratings, I've seen it. Nice safe location, clean, secure... best hostel in DT Toronto).

http://www.hostels.com/grouprequest.php

<a href="http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1834"> College Hostel </a> (I forgot about this one... ctually it's really sketchy and skeazy but it's there as an option I guess)

---

I'm going to go ahead and reccomend the Hostel - I've been to hostels in New York and they're a great way to stay in a city cheap. Otherwise you're looking at like 200$ a night (if!). I think if people are really interested in coming down for August that a master list should be made - what could happen is that we can make a list say - then people can send me money over paypal or something and then I can make the reservations for you easily with my credit card and I'll keep all the information at my apt.

I'll give off my contact information - cell/phone etc.

I guess this kinda makes more sense to me because I've dealt with group bookings at hostels before and I know the city better than anyone else here.

Agrias
03-14-2007, 10:35 PM
<a href="http://starwood.webcanada.com/sct/">Sheraton Centre Hotel</>

<A href="http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/TORHITW-Hilton-Toronto-Ontario/index.do">Hilton</a>

<a href="http://www.hiok.com/">Holiday Inn</a>

<A href="http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.851">Global Village Backpackers</a>
** Price wise this sounds the best:
It costs about 22$ (USD) /night /person for a 6 person bedroom all male/ all female/ mixed
So that's 66$ for accomodations
Youprobably get a group discount too if you can find 10+ people to share it all with.

This hostel also gets great ratings, I've seen it. Nice safe location, clean, secure... best hostel in DT Toronto).

http://www.hostels.com/grouprequest.php

<a href="http://www.hostels.com/en/availability.php/HostelNumber.1834"> College Hostel </a> (I forgot about this one... ctually it's really sketchy and skeazy but it's there as an option I guess)

---

I'm going to go ahead and reccomend the Hostel - I've been to hostels in New York and they're a great way to stay in a city cheap. Otherwise you're looking at like 200$ a night (if!). I think if people are really interested in coming down for August that a master list should be made - what could happen is that we can make a list say - then people can send me money over paypal or something and then I can make the reservations for you easily with my credit card and I'll keep all the information at my apt.

I'll give off my contact information - cell/phone etc.

I guess this kinda makes more sense to me because I've dealt with group bookings at hostels before and I know the city better than anyone else here.

well that would be quite dandy of you! :D
ok so everyone who's coming make it perfectly clear that you are, no if's but's or maybe's! yes or no! we need the list of people as soon as possible.

Araciel
03-15-2007, 01:57 AM
well not to be a smartass BUT if i want to i'll MAYBE show up IF i feel like it.

Agrias
03-15-2007, 02:24 AM
well not to be a smartass BUT if i want to i'll MAYBE show up IF i feel like it.

>:[

i will eat you if you act snide again....LOL, yea but we need actual answers buddy guy, so i'm guessing if you come you'll need a hotel? if so you need to give a definite answer :\

Araciel
03-15-2007, 02:44 AM
if i go i'll have everything setup myself...i only live 40 mins outside the city

Chemical
03-15-2007, 05:19 AM
yeah - Araciel has the hook ups.

Hotel Chemical.

Araciel
03-15-2007, 05:24 AM
mad huk upz

of course i would never assume to...

who am i kidding, i'm moving in.

Agrias
03-15-2007, 05:47 AM
lmao awesome so now we just need everyone else's ok. but keep in mind, that if we can only get lets say four people, it might be called off. It depends on how many people come or not. and if it is called off, there's always next year too.

Bomber
03-16-2007, 12:35 AM
Okay, so after trying to make sense of this very long thread, so far all I've picked out is that it'll be in Toronto sometime over the summer. Can anybody provide any clearer details that that, or are they still being worked out?

Agrias
03-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Okay, so after trying to make sense of this very long thread, so far all I've picked out is that it'll be in Toronto sometime over the summer. Can anybody provide any clearer details that that, or are they still being worked out?

we decided it will be in august for the ExCon which runs for a few days, we'll probably stay for about three days.

anything else?

Killy
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I would consider going if I can hich a ride from someone who lives in Montreal or close to (and share the gas bill).

However, this also depends on other factors (Job and such).

Agrias
03-21-2007, 02:21 AM
well that may be possible. Who would be willing to though ....

JackNapier
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Ah crap, I'm just missing you guys. I'm visiting Toronto for a few days at the end of July. There's always next year though.

Proxy
03-31-2007, 10:50 AM

do you really live in Antarctica?....lol, IGLOO PARTY! duuuuude, that would be shwweeeett!

Actually that would probably be the (no pun intended) coolest :skull::skull::skull::skull: ever.

Well I'm in ontario, and i'd be willing to do a meet up thing.
It'd be fun.

theundeadhero
04-05-2007, 09:31 PM
I'll see what I can do, but won't know for sure until the final cut-off day where you need a definate answer.

Hostels = Great times.

Araciel
04-05-2007, 09:57 PM
seeing as how it's right around my birthday (the 26th) i don't know what will be going on...but i might show up for some of it.

Agrias
04-05-2007, 11:48 PM
you fool!

Araciel
04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
oi i gotta do what i gotta do

Agrias
04-06-2007, 12:08 AM
oi i gotta do what i gotta do

fine fine! but if theres another one, you're coming to chill with me and rhody! >:o

Araciel
04-06-2007, 12:10 AM
you mean out west? SURE i wanna go to BC again anyway!

Levian
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Agrias requested this thread closed, so here goes. Look out for a new thread soon. :beer: