PDA

View Full Version : Mistaken Identity

rubah
02-16-2007, 03:58 AM
I commonly use a <em>False Identity</em> when signing up for such as free services or offers from places I assume will spam me and do not require payment of types that require my true identity.

Now a few weeks ago, I vaguely recall applying for a sample of Hilary Duff's signature fragrance, apparently called "With Love", produced by Elizabeth Arden Inc. 309 South Street New Providence, NJ 07974.

Today it arrived, long after I'd forgotten about it (such is the life of we sample requesters) but to my surprise, rather than being addressed to Allison Etc (my real name, I mean), or more commonly Alice Modell, as these things go, it was addressed to one Becky Kimbell.

Who is Becky Kimbell? How does she know my address? Why did she ask for a sample of Hilary Duff's "With Love" (which smells very nice, btw)?

This is confusing to me. My best guess is that perhaps someone at Elizabeth Arden Inc. mixed up her request with mine, and somewhere, poor Rebecca is wondering "Who is Alice Modell? How does she know my address? Why dd she ask for a sample of Hilary Duff's "With Love"?"

I kinda like the name; I might use it in future spam-eminent escapades.

Have you ever been the case of mistaken identity? Was it as innocuous as this, or was it sinister in nature?

Agrias
02-16-2007, 04:04 AM
yes, janice pong.

that and adam bond. yea, dont ask...lol, i did get a credit card once! and a mortgage check! WOO!

Hambone
02-16-2007, 04:09 AM
No, but one time netflix sent us Legally Blonde 2 and it wasn't on our queue.

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I've been mistaken before for someone and this week at work someone did a tannoy for me and messed up they called me "Steve Collins" Steve is my first name but Collins is the surname of a mate of mine from work. I laughed a hell of a lot because I was on a till at the time. We all just took the mick out of the woman who did the tannoy. Of course complimentary ribbings headed in the direction of me and my mate too especially from managers who were like "Now we know when you're skiving you're generally skiving off together but who's the man in the relationship" lol.

I also had a physics teacher who couldn't keep from messing up and sending detentions for me in the name of another student from another class, the wierd thing this guy and me are exact opposites in looks, he is blonde haired and blue eyed I'm all dark and brooding. I used to just go down to his registration in the afternoon (when detention slips got handed out to us) and walked in and said "catlin what the hell you doing you got yet another detention!!" before walking out leaving both his class and teacher in fits of laughter. (yes I know the detention was meant for me but it was better than taking a 30 minute detention myself)

Bunny
02-16-2007, 04:24 PM
One time a person that looked eerily similiar to me to start up in the adult entertainment industry. I now get discounts. It's pretty okay as far as mistakes go.

oddler
02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
I frequently get called Brandon. Looking like your siblings can be confusing sometimes.

Quindiana Jones
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I was once mistaken for God.

Jojee
02-16-2007, 08:48 PM
I get mistaken for every other asian out there. XD Seriously, if it's asian, it's like, "Oh was that you?"

And I use the name Faith Neskaya for applying for fake stuff. x3

Vikeve
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
My Science teacher calls me Heather all the freakin time and we don't even look like each other.>< Its really funny when she wants me to do somehting but I completely ingore the teacher becuase shes not calling my name while Heather is standing in the back totaly confused. Then when I look at her I'm like, "huh? I'm Hannah remember?"

Yeah, I use fake names all the time at leats I didn't do it here.:shifty: Like on Youtube apparantly im 19 and I live in Gilgabesh.:rolleyes2

Ben
02-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Yeah and my names not Ben. :shifty:

~*~Celes~*~
02-16-2007, 09:27 PM
I once used Bulma Briefs to sign up for an email service because they wouldn't let me sign up under my real name due to the fact that I already had like 5 accounts going under my name...it sucks when you can't remember your password >.> And then I asked for an email to send my password...but my only other email was yet another email account under that site and I didn't remember the password to that one either ;_;

sephirothishere
02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
if anyone gets a letter addressed to Maximus Desimus Orideus....it's for me....

Mirage
02-16-2007, 09:59 PM
My younger brother purposely used my old debit/ATM card as an ID in order to buy alcohol and cigs. Other than that, no.

Martyr
02-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Nobody is named Donatello anymore.

But occasionally I get mistaken for a boxer, when I'm, you know, in a ring, and then somebody knocks the crap out of me.