PDA

View Full Version : Question about party

PakisPaks
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Hello! I have a little question. So far I have played with all characters and things went quite difficult. I am going to start over. I have heard that lots of people choose their main party. Should I choose only three characters and make them as strong as possible or should I try to play again with all the characters?

Mirage
02-16-2007, 03:47 PM
At the start of the game, it would pay off to use most your characters as they are needed, because they have pretty defined strengths and weaknesses. You'll have a hard time hitting a bird with any other character than Wakka. likewise, Wakka can't inflict as much damage on slower enemies as Tidus or Auron can. Some monsters are very resistant to physicals, and thus require you to use Lulu. As I leveled up, I tended to neglect Wakka and Kihmari, and used mainly Tidus, Auron, Lulu and Yuna.

Don't bother starting over though. Just level up a bit and you'll be OK.

Cruise Control
02-16-2007, 04:45 PM
Tidus, Auron, Yuna

The most noob friendly party (and my personal favorite).

Firenjar
02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I used Tidus Rikku and Lulu

that way you have strenght white magic and black magic

(i train Rikku as white mage)

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Watch it with depending on Yuna though, there is a lot of underwater action where you can not take Yuna, plus a huge desert crossing where Yuna is missing. Have a backup healer learning some Pray, Cure and Esuna as soon as you can!

Training Rikku as white mage makes a lot of sense since she can go underwater :D

Reles
02-16-2007, 05:09 PM
The members I used the most were Auron, Wakka, and Yuna. I don't ever really remember having the need for Tidus, but with the other characters I've usually needed them to kill some sort of creature.

Cruise Control
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Tidus is great for getting Haste early. Oh a reccomendation. Once you get Dark Buster, don't use any of wakka's AP. When you get a level 3 keysphere, go towards Drain on his path. He's right near Flare, and not far from Doublecast.

Firenjar
02-16-2007, 07:59 PM
i had a very different way of doing things

i got all male characters to go Aurons way

they all got high hp and strenght

i got Lulu second level spells then thought her white magic from cura on

got Yuna to life then thought her black magic

got Rikku to train bit as thief then made her white/black mage

and i trained Kimarhi through Tidus' way then Auron then Rikku

so hes really fast and has good strenght

Tavrobel
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Use all of your characters in balance until you get past Yunalesca. THAT'S when you want to start picking out who you want to use for the rest of the game, since the party system pretty much ensures that you will need all of your characters until then.

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 08:19 PM
I got all my guys to learn Steal. not only it brings gil but there's also almost 500 HP and 300 MP near it :D

f f freak
02-16-2007, 11:00 PM
I mostly used Yuna, Auron and Lulu.

That way I have Yuna just attacking with summons and Black Magic
I make Auron really strong then make him go onto Tidus's path to make him a little bit faster and get haste.
Lulu switches to Yuna's path to learn white magic (For the bit where you have no Yuna in Bikanel)

KasaiDraco
02-18-2007, 12:54 AM
I use everyone equally. I get everyone in the front row to have a sphere level of at least 5, then I switch for the nex 3. I think It works out pretty good.

Yliette
02-18-2007, 02:07 AM
You should try leveling everyone equally. :D What they result to is now upon your hands.

And like almost everyone else, my dullest character would have to be Kimhari. Only thing that made him useful in the beginning is he's the first to lean Scan.

Markus. D
02-18-2007, 07:22 AM
anything with Lulu. :3

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-18-2007, 11:05 AM
at the start i tend to bring each member into a battle then press triangle to pass the go just to get exp, then switch to the required character to defeat the enemies. however this gets rather dull. i recommend just using the members required but fight more battles before moving onto the next area.

dp

Sidderz
02-18-2007, 11:17 AM
To be honest I regulate through my entire character list alot so they get equal experience but my most used party has to be: Tidus, Yuna and Lulu.

Sain Cai
02-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I basically use Tidus, Wakka, and Yuna....Rikku when she gets in the party, and Kimarhi until Gagazet (his own grid). I see no need for any other character.

Simen
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
I would recommend to train/use everyone, but focus on ONE to train a little harder.

KasaiDraco
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Lulu or Kimhari would probably be the best to train the most. they're both really weak!

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Watch it with depending on Yuna though, there is a lot of underwater action where you can not take Yuna, plus a huge desert crossing where Yuna is missing. Have a backup healer learning some Pray, Cure and Esuna as soon as you can!
That's pretty much what I do with Kimahri. If you don't send him down White Magic, send him down at least one mage path, as it makes his Ronso Rages very awesome.

Formalhaut
03-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I use Rikku, Auron and Yuna.

It the first half (Before Yunalesca) It will be more type advantage based (Tidus=Fast foes, lulu=Elementals etc) but the second half (After Yunalesca) is up too you, Although you do have to train up your back-up characters to a reasonable level. :)

Crossblades
03-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I trained everyone. What I did was after my characters finished their section of the sphere grid, I would send them to other parts. For Tidus and Wakka, I would send them to Auron's section so they can become stronger, but I don't make them learn Auron's abilities. Auron and Rikku goes to Tidus's section so they can become faster. I don't make them learn Tidus's abilities though. Yuna would go to Lulu's grid so her magic power can increase and Lulu to Yuna's grid for the same reason, however, I don't make Yuna learn Black Magic and I don't make Lulu learn White Magic. Kimhari would be about halfway done with Wakka's Grid at this point.

BlueChaos
03-07-2007, 03:38 AM
I do not remember how I trained my characters, but I did get stuck at the airship. I have not played the game since, and that was probably two or three years ago. I think I had everyone equal.

chaos_ghost
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I kept everyone equal and just used the Overdrive system to win my fights. It worked about 98% of the time.

Pete for President
03-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I had everyone equal to the point of Yunalesca except for Rikku.

Later on, getting celestial weapons and stuff, I dumped Kimahri and Lulu and invited Rikku back in.

utelektr
03-08-2007, 12:18 AM
I mainly used Auron Tidus and Wakka, and it went good. But after I got da airship, I started using Yuna(Holy FTW!) and Rikku.

rubah
03-08-2007, 02:39 AM
The absolute best solution is to l2, change equipment/defend, l2 repeat until everyone has been in the party at least once, since the EXP is a concrete amount and not split between them.

oh and cheer until you're sure to get an overkill.

Then you don't have to worry about having an unbalanced party, because everyone will be awesome.

My favorite end game party is Auron, Rikku, and Yuna, mostly because their celestial weapons are by far the easiest to get and max, so I just kinda don't stop using them!