PDA

View Full Version : How many Internet Browsers do you have up?

Ben
02-16-2007, 08:11 PM
How many Internet Tabs do you have up? Like when you have to keep shrinking stuff, then bringing it back up and posting so many things in so many different forums, or playing an online game. I have up 3, Runescape (no names please I know you people hate it), Runehq (Goes with Runescape " ), and of course EoFF. Well, how many do you guys have up when you get online?

EDIT: I meant tabs for the TITLE.

Bunny
02-16-2007, 08:12 PM
I use tabbed browsing. So one?

Usually I have a tab for WoW-related items and a tab for browsing while on a long gryphon flight.

Goldenboko
One... tabs rule. Oh and Zybez.net is much better then Runehq.com

The Summoner of Leviathan
One browser and two tabs at the moment.

Tabs: EoFF and AARPG

Tavrobel
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Mozilla Firefox, limited to one or two windows, as many tabs as I need (EoFF mostly, Arreat's, SENv4)
IE, when I need the media capabilities that Mozilla lacks, three or four tabs (YTMND)
D2, WC3, WC3 Banlist, D2 MH, AIM

Alot.

Nominus Experse
02-16-2007, 08:17 PM
I use Firefox 2.0, so it's a wondrous affair of tabbed browsing without the suck that comes with IE.

EoFF
Arreat Summit
Youtube
Several Wikipedia pages
Hotmail
Gamefaqs
LJ
edealsinfo.com

BarelySeeAtAll
02-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Youtube watching mad and highlarious funnies(to do with ff...OF COARSE). . .and eoff....duh!

Rocket Edge
02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Just EoFF & Bebo at the moment, 2.

Peegee
02-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm at work. I browse 5 sites simultaneously on firefox and all my applications are web based so I have around 20+ of those too.

My start menu toolbar is SIX columns high. The bottom is the address bar.

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Hmm atm I have 4 tabs but this is minor I got up to once 16 tabs spread across 3 windows of mozilla. I had to use so many because I was doing something that required intense research (you wouldn't believe how many tabs there are for heraldry on the wiki.com page) and I had to carry on my usual activities.

Denmark
02-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I currently (and usually) only have one tab open, and that is this one I am typing in right now. Though I'll sometimes have one tab of a normal website and one tab of wikipedia open that I'm just randomly browsing. Best pastime ever.

Vikeve
02-16-2007, 08:39 PM
Only youtube, AIM, and this place I did have limewire and purevolume but not now.

Shoeberto
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
A few, depends on how heavily involved in clicking I get. I don't have a constant site open much other than my board and EoFF, though.

Mirage
02-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Usually 4 tabs or more. EoFF, Some GameFAQs page for a game I'm currently playing, FFXIclopedia if I play FFXI, and some random other page (usually news or something). Last.fm tends to be open a lot too. When I go on 4chan, I usually have dozens of tabs open.

Jowy
02-16-2007, 08:54 PM
At work I have nine tabs usually up. The three distributor sites, admin CP, main site for products/orders, FedEx tracking, live customer support, java #eoff, and whatever else I feel like browsing. At home I use just one unless I need to open something else and want to keep my original window open.

Rye
02-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I love tabs so much. I have 2 windows and 3 tabs up right now. :]

McLovin'
02-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Firefox with tabs for a Lost forum and EoFF. Occasionally tv show sites.

And I use Opera to play a certain online game because Firefox crashes when I play it on there. :rolleyes2

DK
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
Even though I use firefox, I still open things in a new window, when right-clicking and choosing from the list. Maybe it's just habbit, I don't know. Tabbing does make posting usernotes and spamming Livejournal nudges so much easier and speedier, though. :love:

Faris
02-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I almost never have less than two tabs up =D I love the tabbing system. At the moment I have 8 tabs.

Zeldy
02-16-2007, 09:10 PM
I have 2 mozilla's open, and 2 tabs on each. I like tabs, but especially with 2 pages it can get bloody confusing!

oddler
02-16-2007, 09:21 PM
AIM, EoFF, Yahoo (or whatever I searched for), dictionary.com at the maximum.

Also, RMXP, Microsoft Word, and/or Windows Media Player.

Roto13
02-16-2007, 09:23 PM
I usually have four to five tabs open, including one for my email and one for EyesonFF.

sephirothishere
02-16-2007, 10:03 PM
if i don't answer this question....will it prevent you from sleeping at night?!?

kikimm
02-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I normally have 4 or 5. Some for usernotes, one for regular EoFF, and then some other thing. Like youtube or a picture or email. Right now, I have youtube, EoFF, and two pictures. WOOHOO

Leeza
02-17-2007, 01:41 AM
I usually use Firefox but still use windows instead of tabs. At the moment I have 10 and that's about the norm.

rubah
02-17-2007, 01:43 AM
I still use multiple windows because my tab habits become a little excessive. When I read LJ friends, that has its own window because with the Digg RSS feed on there, I can easily have five or so tabs open reading dugg stuff and articles that were dugg etc. eoff usually has its own window too, with one window for forums and one for PM for simplicity.

On OSX I only have one window because you can't alt+tab between individual instances of programs (just between programs, unless someone wishes to enlighten me on how to do this easily) so I just keep all my tabs in there, as of yet. in safari anyways. if I'm using camino then I'm mad because kvirc was being mean to safari,b ut I think that'll stop happening

Ben
02-17-2007, 01:50 AM
I usually use Firefox but still use windows instead of tabs. At the moment I have 10 and that's about the norm.

And I thought I had a ton of tabs up! I only have 3, usually!

Dr Aum
02-17-2007, 02:21 AM
I've never really understood why tabs are any more useful than multiple browser windows, so I don't use them. Of course, I've never really given it much thought, since multiple windows seems easy enough to me. I use Firefox, by the way.

Leeza
02-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Everytime I've used tabs I ended up closing all tabs at once regardless of whether or not the little window pops up asking me if I'm sure I want to do that. NO. I don't! But I automatically click yes anyway and there goes everything I've been working on.

No tabs. They are evil.

Misfit
02-17-2007, 02:28 AM
I try to have as many tabs open as possible because I use firefox and I use THIS (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4258/)! :bigsmile: Be jealous, IE users!

Agrias
02-17-2007, 02:28 AM
one browser seven or eight browsers being my main amount

1. eoff (www.eyesonff.com)
2. gaia (www.gaiaonline.com)
3. hotmail (www.hotmail.com)
4. nexopia (www.nexopia.com)
5. dimples, my friends webcomic (dailycomic.diaryland.com)
6. white ninja comics, its funny (www.whiteninjacomics.com)
7. vg cats man! (www.Not Funny.com)
8. my art site that i update every few days (www.freewebs.com/alicethegreek)

yanis
02-17-2007, 02:35 AM
I only use tabs. I don't like windows, so I deleted the new window icon from my firefox. When I download images I have like 20+ tabs open and the arrow is getting yellow :yap:!!!

Magic Guy
02-17-2007, 02:49 AM
At the moment I have six tabs open. If I'm browsing a forum and I see multiple threads I want to read; they all get their own tab. Then if I want to post I'll usually pull up spellcheck.net, and dictionary.com is tabbed a lot.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Well, right now, I have one Mozilla window open, and two tabs. Let me tell ya, this is the least tabs I have had in a while. Sometimes I have a bunch! the most was..6, 7?

XxSephirothxX
02-17-2007, 03:00 AM
I've got five open at the moment.

EoFF
LJ
last.fm
Joystiq
Digg

I almost never have fewer than three tabs open. I'd say 5-7 is about the norm.

escobert
02-17-2007, 03:23 AM
Depends on how many sites I want to go to :p

XxSephirothxX
02-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Everytime I've used tabs I ended up closing all tabs at once regardless of whether or not the little window pops up asking me if I'm sure I want to do that. NO. I don't! But I automatically click yes anyway and there goes everything I've been working on.

No tabs. They are evil.
Firefox 2.0 has a session restore feature (that can further be amplified by a simple extension) so you can get all your tabs back no matter what.

Leen-Leen
02-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Usually I have three or four. EoFF, some random Wikipedia page, my e-mails, and some random online shopping page. xD

Evastio
02-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Usually I have 2 or 3 EoFF related windows open.

Jojee
02-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Usually anywhere from 1-7. ^^ Right now I only have this one, but usually it's like... 2 internet browsers, and up to 2 RO windows. xD And maybe some chats windows.

Shlup
02-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Grey's Anatomy LiveJournal community, most recent Grey's Anatomy podcast, most recent Grey's Anatomy writer's blog, an LJ entry of some new Sims 2 images someone's put up, and this.

So five.

Leeza
02-17-2007, 07:29 AM

No tabs. They are evil.
Firefox 2.0 has a session restore feature (that can further be amplified by a simple extension) so you can get all your tabs back no matter what.
FireFTP and MeasureIt don't work with Firefox 2.0 so I'm still using 1.0.7. I need my Fire FTP and MeasureIt. :cat:

XxSephirothxX
02-17-2007, 07:36 AM

No tabs. They are evil.
FireFTP and MeasureIt don't work with Firefox 2.0 so I'm still using 1.0.7. I need my Fire FTP and MeasureIt. :cat:
I think they do, Leeza! Actually, I know they do, because I've been using FireFTP for a long time, and I just tested out MeasureIt. They're both compatible now. ;)

Yuffie514
02-17-2007, 07:41 AM
three. i have two additional tabs for one other website. usually it's from 3-5.

Leeza
02-17-2007, 08:29 AM
I think they do, Leeza! Actually, I know they do, because I've been using FireFTP for a long time, and I just tested out MeasureIt. They're both compatible now. ;)
You are right! When I tried downloading 2.0 the first time it said that FireFTP and MeasureIt were not supported and there were no compatible updates. This time around I tried to reinstall them and they worked! Of course now I still can't use FTP because I forgot all of my login information.

Old Manus
02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
I have a thing for having no more than 4 tabs open in Firefox, otherwise I curl up in a ball and shake. I must have OCD omg ned medz

Tabs open are usually EoFF, Explosm, Last.fm, Wikipedia.

crono_logical
02-17-2007, 11:47 AM
I use both windows and tabs at the same time - I usually have around 20-30 tabs between 4-6 windows open at once, unless I'm browsing an image board of some sort, where it might end up with another 20-30 in a single window :p

I try to have as many tabs open as possible because I use firefox and I use THIS (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/4258/)! :bigsmile: Be jealous, IE users!*installs on work PC where everyone else uses IE* :D

Xander
02-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Tabs, at the moment, which is fairly usual, three: EoFF, Lastfm :heart: and Livejournal. At work about four or five sometimes depends what I'm doing. I love tabs so much. Wait I just love firefox so much :D

Yeargdribble
02-17-2007, 01:52 PM
At any given moment I will often end up with 5-10 open windows with various tabs open within each. I'm a multi-task whore (dual-monitor desktop+laptop at all times). I keep my task bar in auto-hide mode on the right side of my screen which most people find odd, annoying and confusing, but it's great for having a bazillion things open.

Ben
02-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Boy, you guys sure do have a lot of things up at a time.

black orb
02-17-2007, 06:29 PM
>>> yahoo, eoff, rpgamer, leo`s lyrics, photo bucket, macupdate, torrent sites, etc..

Ben
02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I find myself on the same sights, and nothing else O.o

Ramza Beoulve
02-18-2007, 05:50 AM
Right now I have 48 tabs open...

Usually I have 60 - 70 tabs open at the same time...

Wikipedia addiction :(