PDA

View Full Version : First Darwin, now Copernicus

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Some Texas House members caught off guard by memo passed on by budget chief with links to web site that disputes theory about rotating Earth.

the chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, the most powerful committee in the House, distributed to legislators a memo pitching crazed wingers who believe the earth stands still -- doesn't spin on its axis or revolve around the Sun -- that Copernicus was part of a Jewish conspiracy to undermine the Old Testament. That would be the same Old Testament that was written by the folks Chisum's friends say are conspiring to undermine it.

http://www.burntorangereport.com/upload/Chisum.pdf

Rye
02-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Haha, my boyfriend showed me that. It's scary the things people believe, and how uneducated in other religions besides Christianity some people are. Apparently, some person on some message board things atheists are a Muslim sect. *facepalm* xD

Raistlin
02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I already submitted that to FSTDT: http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=20681

The best part is where he claims evolution is an ancient Jewish creation story.

Iceglow
02-16-2007, 09:11 PM
lol there are some seriously dumb people out there, I think anyone that stupid needs forcing in to a school and being made to teach, hey maybe Shluppers could teach them we'll start with their ABCs as well they might not even have that right from what they say.

Religion is full of crap, some are so dumb about it and others are so blinded by it that they cannot see when they've got to an impasse in a debate. Just my humble opinion here btw

Rocket Edge
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
:D

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 09:46 PM
This guy is worse Raistlin. He claims Copernicus is part of a jewish conspiracy to defile SACRED Old Testament texts. Nevermind that the jewish wrote the Old Testament!

Martyr
02-16-2007, 09:56 PM
What do sacred Old Testament texts say about the earth not spinning around?

No, I never click links. Sorry.

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Awww... But my links are AIDS free, honest!

To make a long story short the Bible said the Sun and the stars rotated around the earth and around 1100 AD made Copernicus drink poison because he proved the opposite. Pope John XXIII of the Roman Catholic Church apologized for the poison and the error on the 70's iirc.

Fundies are not Roman Catholics. They are our resident chapter of the Taliban: radicalizing portions of the Bible as they see fit.

Head on over to FixedEarth.com, and you'd swear this was a parody site.

Levitating Globe

"An electromagnet and computerized sensor hidden in its display stand cause the Earth to levitate motionlessly in the air."

Could God have engineered something like that for the real Earth?

The Bible and all real evidence confirms that this is precisely what He did, and indeed:

The Earth is not rotating...nor is it going around the sun.

The universe is not one ten trillionth the size we are told.

Today’s cosmology fulfills an anti-Bible religious plan disguised as "science".

The whole scheme from Copernicanism to Big Bangism is a factless lie.

Those lies have planted the Truth-killing virus of evolutionism

in every aspect of man’s "knowledge" about the Universe, the

Earth, and Himself.

Take your time.

Check it all out.

Decide for yourself.

oddler
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
If the Earth was the center of the universe and didn't rotate, then an easy way to prove it would be to find celestial bodies of equal mass on opposite sides of the Earth equal distances from the center and determine that they are moving at equal rates to or from this point on an identical linear path.

I mean seriously, how hard can that be? :Oo:

Renmiri
02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Funny how they use a computer model built with "science" to prove their nutty theories.

They should get leeches the next time they go to the doctor!

Elite Lord Sigma
02-19-2007, 06:17 AM
I think my IQ just dropped a few points from reading that excerpt.

Ryth
02-19-2007, 06:32 AM
This gives me a headache. I'm going to go lay down now. :(

Behold the Void
02-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Didn't Copernicus come under fire historically first? Lends itself to a wee bit of irony I'd say.