PDA

View Full Version : Lol remake

Mirage
02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Now that they've rereleased Final Fantasy 4-6 for GBA, do you think they'll do the same with Chrono Trigger?

Why?
Why not?
Good idea?
Bad Idea?

Jowy
02-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I think FFVI was the last noteworthy GBA game to get released before the system's life ended.

Now if they put it on the DS...

Dreddz
02-17-2007, 02:29 AM
A re-release actually in Europe would be nice, but its never going to happen, because Square are assholes.

Zeromus_X
02-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Well, the GBA is pretty much dead, but I don't think it'd be much of a good idea anyway. The GBA's sound card and CPU couldn't handle FFVI, so I don't think it'd fare too much better with Chrono Trigger.

Mirage
02-17-2007, 05:08 AM
That was already apparent in FFVA, but that didn't stop them from making FFVIA :p. Actually, the only times when the CPU chocked in FFVIA was when a lot of effects were happening at the same time, and when flying the airship and such. As far as I remember, CT had higher detail sprites, but less effects on screen at the same time. I think CT and FFVIA are about equal when it comes to resource usage.

silentenigma
02-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Square are assholes.

yeah.

Crossblades
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I would love to see a Chrono Trigger Port:)

sephirothishere
03-03-2007, 02:12 PM
i heart CT....GBA would be cool...i emulate anyways....

Goldenboko
03-03-2007, 02:14 PM
In our dreams.

sephirothishere
03-03-2007, 02:34 PM
O SHI!!!

NeoCracker
03-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Put it on the DS so it will run nicer.

Dreddz
03-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Put it on the DS for it to use the stylus.

Put it on the PSP to run nicer.

Roto13
03-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Pfft. Like they'd ever release a port on the PSP. ;P

I don't particularly want to see it on anything because it's not that good. :D

sephirothishere
03-04-2007, 02:34 PM
:O SHOCK HORROR!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!!!

NeoCracker
03-04-2007, 02:43 PM
Silly Dreddz, PSP Sucks, Chrono is to great a game for that thing.

Elly
03-22-2007, 04:08 AM
the best reason to put it on DS is so people could use the XABY codes propperly, unfortunatealy they didn't put X&Y buttons on the GBA a huge mistake in my opinion, since i don't have FFVIA yet i'm still at a loss as to how they did Sabins Blitz Techniques with only 4 buttons (ABLR) instead of the standard six (ABXYLR) it originaly used, i wouldn't want to see Chrono downgraded in such a way as to mess up the subtle button jokes and codes used throughout the script, so DS would be the best choice, if they ever decided to do it...

Zechs
03-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Back a few years ago, in an EGM, they hit a rumor that square would rerelease Final Fantasy IV, V and VI. They also hit it that the DS could get the Chrono Trigger remake. Since the Final Fantasy Chronicles, it is a possibility. If not on the DS, maybe PSP.

Zeromus_X
03-22-2007, 06:13 AM
As long as it doesn't have the renders-the-game-virtually-unplayable load times of the PS1 version, I wouldn't mind a PSP port. But I'd think it'd just be better on the DS.

Elly
03-22-2007, 04:38 PM
putting it on the PSP seems a bit overkill, too much power for such a small and old game (though i find CT to be timeless) not to mention it would have the same lame dialogue the PSX/PSone did for the XABY codes, though if they did put it on PSP they could include the Anime sequences done by Akira Toriyama, and maybe a lot of extras, more than the PSX/PSone version had... all in all i still prefer to play the original SNES version since it has no load times, even though i unlocked all the extras on the PSX/PSone version as well, mostly for the music and movie players...

Jowy
03-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Also, if they remake it I DEMAND a completely pointless bonus dungeon in which both Battle 2 and Singing Mountain are integrated. 8-)

Mirage
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
As long as it doesn't have the renders-the-game-virtually-unplayable load times of the PS1 version, I wouldn't mind a PSP port. But I'd think it'd just be better on the DS.

Properly optimized, the PSP could probably preload at least 5 screens in advance, along with the entire battle engine.

Elly
03-22-2007, 06:54 PM
i think "Singing Mountain" was the original music for Denadoro Mountains, i don't remember any music being there, and it would have benefited greatly to the atmosphere, if it was playing as you hiked up it to face Massa & Mune, wouldda been nice if it continued to play during the fight as well, but i personaly don't like battle music that interfears with the regular music, that's one thing i love about FF XII, no intrusive battle music...