PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider

Vermachtnis
02-17-2007, 03:54 AM
I just got back from watching it. I've never read the comics so I can't say anything about that, but I still liked it. I was little disapointed in the fight scenes; they could have been longer. But I guess going through five "bosses" in a restrected time slot would be a little challenging. The effects were great though, but I guess that's the main selling point. It was a little sick when Johnny first went Ghost Rider.

Rengori
02-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I just got back from watching it. I've never read the comics so I can't say anything about that, but I still liked it. I was little disapointed in the fight scenes; they could have been longer. But I guess going through five "bosses" in a restrected time slot would be a little challenging. The effects were great though, but I guess that's the main selling point. It was a little sick when Johnny first went Ghost Rider.
My thoughts exactly, but some of the effects looked rushed, like all of the spirits when the contract worked, or when water guy was dying (two I could think of off the top of my head, there were more)

Ryth
02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
I want to go see it, because my dad, my brother, and I always see these comic book movies. Though I have a feeling this one is going to be a real stinker. We'll see though.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-19-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm sure most people will be happy as long as it's not like The Fantastic Four. I hear they're making a second FF movie, too...

Rengori
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Wait, when you say FF do you mean Final Fantasy or Fantastic Four?

XxSephirothxX
02-19-2007, 05:56 AM
I think the only thing separating this from being another Daredevil is that it is about a man whose skull catches on fire, which is slightly more visually stimulating than a blind guy who's really good at acrobatics. I might rent it when it comes out when my friends and I have a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty movie night, but there's no way I'm paying theater fare to see it. :p

CimminyCricket
02-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I think Nicholas Cage is a little too old to be playing Johnny. From what I remember, he was only in his 20's when he found the motorcycle in the graveyard.
I kind of want to see it and then i don't want to because I will forever hate Nicholas Cage as well as everyone else in that movie if it sucks.

No.78
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Ghost Rider?

MROE LAIK

SOUL EDGE!?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Igshnarf/souledge-1.jpg
At least that was my initial reaction. The action scenes look cool but I won't go out of my way to see it.

Roto13
02-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I never liked Ghost Rider. I probably won't see this movie.

fire_of_avalon
02-20-2007, 04:40 PM
I never knew much about Ghost Rider until my sister started dating her boyfriend. The movie looks like it will be a good testament to what I know about the comics.

ljkkjlcm9
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
I saw it, was a lot more story than action, and it was actually quite funny. It was much better than daredevil, but not close to being on par with say, a spiderman.

THE JACKEL

Shine On...
02-21-2007, 02:37 AM
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Subpar everything, and just a bore of a movie to sit through. As Anti-climactic as crap and I just regret seeing it.

Don't see it.

Spammerman
02-21-2007, 04:21 AM
Fights seens needed to be longer, did anyone else notice the puns, like Hotshot(hes johnny blaze, get it?), and I dont know if others noticed, but it was kinda cool when he got out of jail, got on his bike, revved it up, and the Garage sign did the wierd he does cool stuff, electrical stuff goes Crazy thing, and it ended up blocking out the GA and left it with RAGE. The movie needed Highway to Hell somewhere in it.

NINJA_Ryu
02-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey!
Its Nicolas Cage being....Nicholas Cage!

precisely why im not seeing it.

BarelySeeAtAll
03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
i watched ghost rider today, and it was so cool!!
has anyone else seen it?i thought it was really good and i almost cried when jonnys dad died
so, what are your views on it?

Lynx
03-17-2007, 09:48 PM
i thought the movie was awesome. movies based off of comics are awesome especially marvel comic movies. my favorite part would be when the ghost rider on the horse bursted into flames and they road together.

Zeldy
03-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I saw Ghost rider 2 weeks. It was bloody awful xD

kikimm
03-18-2007, 01:04 AM
I merged the threads!

Freya
03-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I saw it but right at the end when he was beating the last bad guy it cut out. Then it came back with no sound and it was so predictiale that I narrated for the entire theater what they were saying. I was right to because it came back in with "A deal is a deal" I got weird looks and laughs.

Del Murder
03-18-2007, 01:31 AM
I like Nick Cage movies and I like comic movies, but this wasn't one of the best of either. Wasn't terrible, just not very good.

Rocket Edge
03-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed it. I didn't know what Ghost Rider was until the film came out.

Breine
03-18-2007, 08:47 PM
I just saw it last week and I have never read the comics. I thought it was okay at best. It had its cheesy moments, and the plot was pretty meh. Cage was decent, though, and I liked the overall character of Ghost Rider - floating skulls surrounded by fire are always cool :)

Riana
03-20-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm sure most people will be happy as long as it's not like The Fantastic Four. I hear they're making a second FF movie, too...

Yes there is a sequel and it features the 'Silver Surfer' which is why I'm looking forward to that film.

My Mum wanted to watch Ghost Rider so I took her on Mother's Day. She really enjoyed it. I thought it was ok. The battles could have been extended a bit as all Johnny did was touch them and they disappear. Which wasn't very entertaining. The special effects were really what made the film good.

GF_Diablos
03-20-2007, 05:10 PM
It was ok, not the best comic >> film conversion ever but was worth watching to pass some tie.
The effects were nice but overused and the dialogue was shocking, Nick Cage was obviously acting with zest not his usual skill, people shouldn't be allowed to play parts they really want.