PDA

View Full Version : Light gun games.

boys from the dwarf
02-17-2007, 11:38 AM
i've been thinking about buying a PS2 light gun.

are there any light gun games you would reccomend and a perticular light gun? my main interest is the games as i have my eye on a specific light gun already. but if you reccomend a light gun that you own and know works well, it will be helpful.

I just dont know of many light gun games.

Thanks.

JKTrix
02-17-2007, 03:00 PM
There aren't many light gun games, and even less *good* light gun games.

The GunCon2 is the way to go, but it doesn't work on HDTVs. (GunCon2 came with Time Crisis 3 and Crisis Zone, and possibly Time Crisis 2) I enjoyed a good few years of Time Crisis and Virtua Cop, then when I upgraded to HD it all ended. I have a non-HD tv out in the living room, and I do hook it up now and then.

As for game suggestions, any lightgun game by Namco would be a pretty good bet, particularly Time Crisis 3. Crisis Zone is pretty good, but Time Crisis 3 is the best lightgun game I've played (and own) on the PS2. There's a Vampire game I've played before, but I can't recall its name and I don't own it. House of the Dead is pretty good too.

Resident Evil: Dead Aim, avoid that one at all costs. I know it seems like a cool idea, but it's not very good at all. Dino Stalker is also skippable. Ninja Assault is okay, but head for Time Crisis first.

Mo-Nercy
02-17-2007, 03:03 PM
It's always more fun at the arcade. Though completing House of the Dead 4 more or less renders your arm useless for the rest of the day.

If the original Time Crisis is anything to go by (since it's the only light gun compatible game I own for PS) then TC2 or 3 makes the gun purchase worthwhile.

Roto13
02-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Duck Hunt for the win. :P

boys from the dwarf
02-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks a lot. im quite sure thats all i need to know unless there are any more suggestions.

The i'd noticed the vampire game. it appeals to me because im a big legacy of kain fan. i quite easily buy anything with vampires. i'll check out reviews.

sounds like guncon 2 and time crisis 3 are the ones to go for first.

EDIT:i've dediced that imgoing to get the gun, Vampire night and TC3. I've played virtua cop before so i might get it at some point. thanks everyone.

Dreddz
02-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Virtua Cop is still relatively awesome.

boys from the dwarf
02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
O.k. im going to buy a light gun off amazon.co.uk.

im buying vampire night with it and im planning to play on a 50HZ small screen. Any light guns that will be suitable for that sort of play that people here know of. i dont wan to buy a light gun and find it isn't compatible. im not experienced on this sort of thing but i think these light guns will work.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-P99L-Laser-Blaster-PS2/dp/B00022LSUC/sr=8-5/qid=1171808139/ref=pd_ka_5/202-6418587-8288610?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

http://www.amazon.co.uk/G-Con-2-Light-Gun/dp/B00005R5QY/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_2/202-6418587-8288610

prefereably the second one.

or would you recdcomend a better one?

It may seem im being too careful but i was stupid enough to buy FFT without knowing that it was NTSC and i've also bought memory cards that weren't compatible.

Thanks for putting up with my questioning!

JKTrix
02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm really not sure about the Hz thing, but it should be fine. if you're buying it from the UK site, chances are it's built for PAL. Yes, get the 2nd one, the Gun Con 2. If it's black, I guess it is the PAL version.

The US guns are coloured bright orange, as displayed here by this very handsome model.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f128/JKTrix/orange.jpg
Cuz apparently americans are paranoid about guns, real or fake. An orange gun is most likely fake. Definitely get Time Crisis 3 as well.