PDA

View Full Version : Audioslave broken up

Goldenboko
02-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm fairly confident that it is true that Audioslave's lead sing has disbanded from the band and its the end of Audioslave...

This saddens me I loved this band.

Discuss your feelings about this, and toward the band.

Breine
02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
I just read it today and the article more or less said that it was because Chris Cornell (sp?) wanted to concentrate on a solo carreer. I like Audioslave - I think it's a very decent band - but I must admit that the news were kinda "meh" to me.

JaytodaP
02-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Fucking ass..... my favorite band..... Just found out today. I saw this thread and didnt think it was true until i looked it up on wikipedia. Highly unlikely, but maybe they'll get back with zach and form rage again. And i hope to god they'll put that concert on DVD.

Araciel
02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
that sucks...they were pretty good together.

Mythra
02-17-2007, 11:05 PM
They are one of my favorite bands and I'm really glad I got to see them in concert. As long as Rage gets back together and starts touring again, then I'm happy.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
02-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Nooo. I love Audioslave. :( They were so good together. Whyyyyy? :(

Ryth
02-18-2007, 01:14 AM
This is sad. :( I like Audioslave. It is sad to see them go, but it isn't too upsetting really. None of their albums really blew me away or anything.

kikimm
02-18-2007, 04:26 AM
I'm not too upset. Or surprised. I liked them a lot more a few years ago; haven't listened to their songs in quite some time.

XxSephirothxX
02-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Even though I really like Audioslave, I wasn't disappointed when I read this yesterday. It just doesn't seem like that big a deal. I think their three albums are pretty solid, but it's really enough. I'm satisfied. Plus there's a backlog of Soundgarden music, as well as Chris Cornell's solo outputs.

Rostum
02-18-2007, 06:09 AM
I was more depressed when I heard The Tea Party broke up... Granted it's been awhile since I listened to Audioslave.

fire_of_avalon
02-18-2007, 07:48 AM
Audioslave is great stuff, but this doesn't really surprise me. Chris Cornell and Tom Morello have always seemed to be very different people, to me. I always felt the only way for them to mesh would have to be musically. Not that I know them personally or anything.

It also amuses me that no one has linked anything in confirmation of this. The only thing I've been able to find is this (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/02/15/999-percent-chance-of-audioslave-breakup/) Rolling Stone blog update. Still not sure if I buy it or not, to be honest. I'll wait until the official website tells me something.

And I most certainly hope that Morello, Commerford and Wilk do NOT get back with Zach de la Rocha. Tom Morello has more talent in his piss than de la Rocha could even imagine. Morello is actually releasing something like a solo album with various guests on it, which should be really, really interesting. I hope that we continue to hear a lot more from both Chris and Tom. If Audioslave is no more, well it was a good run, and they made some terrific music. But we're not really losing anything.

Slothy
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
I was more depressed when I heard The Tea Party broke up... Granted it's been awhile since I listened to Audioslave.

Glad I'm not the only one who was saddened by that. I was actually supposed to see the Tea Party live for the first time mere weeks after the news broke.

As for Audioslave; though I liked the band, it always represented a great deal of wasted potential on the part of everyone in the band. All of them are capable of better music than they ever made with the band, so I actually am more looking forward to seeing what they do now that Audioslave is done than I would have been in seeing another album.