PDA

View Full Version : Wii love fighting games

Erdrick Holmes
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Does anybody know if the Wii will be getting any fighting games? So far all I know it has is Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and Smash Bros Brawl and possibly Guilty Gear XX# Accent Core.

Markus. D
02-17-2007, 10:29 PM
As long as they don't implement GGXX as they did Wii MK.

I will be happy.

Roto13
02-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Isn't there a Bleach fighting game in the works for the Wii?

Jowy
02-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Yes there is, roto. (http://media.wii.ign.com/media/833/833630/vids_1.html)

Dreddz
02-18-2007, 12:45 AM
The 360 will become the best fighting game system. The only worthwhile fighter for the Wii is Guilty Gear XX# Accent Core, SSBM isnt a proper fighter.

Virtua Fighter 5 will put the Wii back in its place.

Rase
02-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Looks like there's plans to bring the Fight Night series over to the Wii. (http://www.999today.com/funandgames/news/story/6922.html)

Aside from that (and Wii Sports Boxing :p), everything I know of has been mentioned.

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2007, 02:39 AM
A boxing game would fit the Wii pretty well, actually.

I wonder how a game like Tekken or KoF would play out?

Craig
02-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Smash Bros. Brawl is all it needs. All it needs.

Cruise Control
02-18-2007, 04:41 AM
The 360 will become the best fighting game system. The only worthwhile fighter for the Wii is Guilty Gear XX# Accent Core, SSBM isnt a proper fighter.

Virtua Fighter 5 will put the Wii back in its place.Which is perfect for you, since last time I checked the 360 wasn't made by Nintendo!

Dreddz:1 - Nintendo: 4 zillion

However, Brawl will nullify VF5. Smash brothers is capable of selling thousands of systems single-handedly.

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2007, 06:01 AM
Dreddz, can you PLEASE keep your Wii hate out of this thread please?

Raistlin
02-18-2007, 06:09 AM
Dreddz, can you PLEASE keep your Wii hate out of this thread please?

Bwahahahahaha

Joel, getting irritated at someone for bringing "hate" into a thread? I'll have to remember this for the next GTA thread.

Oh, and a Wii boxing sounds really fun.

Roto13
02-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Boxing in Wii Sports is frigging awesome. If it was expanded into a game of it's own, I'd buy it.

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2007, 06:58 AM
Roto, you said you played DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the Wii. How does one go about punching, kicking, and doing super moves in that game?

KentaRawr!
02-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Roto, you said you played DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the Wii. How does one go about punching, kicking, and doing super moves in that game?

While I am not Roto, I have played DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3 on the Wii, but I haven't touched it for a while.

Punches and Kicks aren't exactly seperated, but rather waiting attacks and immediate attacks. Waiting attacks are used with the B button on the Wii Remote, and when combined with a certain direction of the Analog Stick end up differently. Waiting attacks are similar to Smash moves in SSBM. However, if the B button is pressed when not in a combo, you merely shoot a fireball. Immediate attacks are just fast attacks which can be used continuously until you reach a 3-4 move combo which, at the end, push your opponent away. This is not at all punishing, so doing a waiting attack in the middle of it is recommended.

To fly towards your opponent, you hold C and thrust the Nunchaku Attachment forward. (Or, as a laymen way, you can just tilt it forward, since thrusting it will almost always get you that tilting motion anyway.)

In order to block, you must make sure the cursor is on the screen, and press down on the D-Pad. (I'm not exactly sure about this one.)

To do super moves, you hold the Z button and the B button and do a specific motion. With most attacks though, you actually push the cursor out of a specific part of the screen and bring it back in. However, even with these, you are able to completely exaggerate motions! n_n

Quick review:

Immediate Attack: A Button
Waiting Attack/Fire Ball: B Button
Block: Cursor on Screen + D-Pad
Fly to opponent: C + Thrust Motion/Tilt Motion
Super Move: Z + B + Motion

Combo Example:

A, A, Down + B (Trip Opponent, combo ended) A, A, Up + B (Kick opponent into air, combo continued), C + Thrust (Now at opponent's location), A, A, Down + B (Smash opponent to the ground), Z + B + Cursor out of top, back into screen (Special Attack, Yajirobe's long-range sword slash of ultimate complete doomsday! RAWRZORZ!).

Erdrick Holmes
02-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Holy :skull::skull::skull::skull:, I wanna play that. Finally, another good Dragon Ball game.

Dr Aum
02-18-2007, 09:21 PM
There is also a Mortal Kombat game being released soon, I believe.

Raebus
02-18-2007, 09:36 PM
There is also a Mortal Kombat game being released soon, I believe.

I read something about it from a random magazine, the fatalitys might be removed or altered. Its probably just a rumour n'all.

Roto13
02-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't see why they'd bother to make a Mortal Kombat game without fatalities. :P

As a note for DBZ BT 2, I prefer to block by moving the cursor off the top of the screen. I don't use the D pad at all in that game.

JKTrix
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Did someone say boxing?

Hajime no Ippo owns all. (http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13688)

Someone hurry up and release a Wii modchip.

There are gonna be a lot of manganime fighting games on the Wii. Bleach is already out in Japan, and they're probably making another one. Naruto Shippuden came out last week, and that series is likely to continue. Dragon Ball Z, which I have evangelized several times, is awesome.

It will be interesting to see when a 'serious' fighting game makes it to the Wii, how well it would be received.

Blocking for me, I had to get used to using the D pad. 'Cursor Out - Top' feels more natural, but i just don't get the right response time if I'm trying to dodge an attack.

My favourite move in the game: Ground Throw. Characters I use who can do it: Goku, Bardock, SS Trunks. There are more, but those are the 3 I use more often who can do it.
How to do it if ye don't know, in 'Close Combat' mode (striking/throwing range), press Forward on the stick and B. If your character makes a grabbing motion with his hand, he can do the ground throw.
The ground throw will only execute if your opponents legs are facing you while they are stunned. This can either be done when they are on the ground (hence 'Ground Throw') or after you sweep them and their feet are in the air.

Result: Grab their feet and chuck them into the air. Can be immediately followed with a volley of ki blasts, but I like to either:
-Follow with any fast launching Blast 2 ki attack (Masenko: Yes. The Original Kamehameha:.....no), or -any physical Blast 2 Attack/Ultimate Move. It's beautiful.

Agent Proto
02-19-2007, 12:03 AM
I'm going to get the Dragon Ball game so I can go. "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!!!!!" at my opponents.

Erdrick Holmes
02-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Does the DBZ game let you play with a gamecube controller?

Roto13
02-19-2007, 03:16 AM
Yes. Or the classic controller.

JKTrix
02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
But it's so much more exciting with the Wii controller. It takes a little while to learn (go through the tutorials!) but once you do it's great.

KentaRawr!
02-19-2007, 12:36 PM
The Mortal Kombat Game for the Wii actually seems to demonstrate pretty well how the Wii can work with normal fighting games, like doing a circular motion to do Scorpion's Back-Flip, a down-up motion to do Sektor's Matrix Style Teleport through the ground move, and stuff like that. I'll have to try it before I can say I prefer it, though. One of the main problems I can see happening is not getting an attack in during the split second you need it.