PDA

View Full Version : The Golden Compass

StarlightAngel
02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
So, I don't think I've seen a thread about this here, so I'm gonna post it.

The Golden Compass, book one of the His Dark Materials trilogy, is being made into a movie.

This is the official site. (http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/)

Personally, I can't wait to see the film and what they do with it. Sure, I'm a little nervous about what could be potentially cut from the story, but I'm hoping they'll stick as close to the plot as possible.

Jecksy
02-18-2007, 10:00 AM
That sounds like it would be an interesting movie, but it seems like it would be really difficult to smash all the book into a 2 hour movie without missing out on a lot of the goodstuff. Although it will be neat to see how they do the daemons.

Shauna
02-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Northern Lights > The Golden Compass

But yeah, I'll probably see this movie. I loved the books, and I'd like to see what they do with it.

Dragoon Kain
02-19-2007, 04:38 AM
i love the series!!! by far my favorite but i have a really big feeling that the movies are going to be terrible. i read somewhere that they are going to take all of the religion out of the movie. thats the biggest issue in the series. thats what its all about. book one doesnt hint at it much but book 3 is FULL of it. and nicole kidman of all people :eep:

Eiko Guy
02-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I just read them at the beginning of 2007 I loved them the ending was so abrupt and weak but tear jerking and sad.

Zeromus_X
02-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Cool! We'll see how it goes...

GF_Diablos
02-21-2007, 11:54 AM
Northern Lights > The Golden Compass

True.

I want to see the movie too but i'm not 100% sure about the cast choice so far.
I am also apprehensive about what they will cut. Let's hope it's going to be enough to carry the awesome story across.