PDA

View Full Version : Did You Actually CRY at the Ending?

Yliette
02-18-2007, 12:25 AM
First of all, since I'm talking about the ending, expect spoilers. So if you still haven't played or finished FFX (even if I assume most of you already have), I strongly suggest that you keep away from this thread. Click the Back button as fast as possible. :D

When I first finished the game, I did cry. And I assure I'm not making this up. I've read and heard many people saying that they cried but it's pretty obvious most of them are just making it up. :eep:

I started to get teary-eyed when the Aeons were finally disapearing. I just held them back since my dad and sister were watching with me. :eek:

When Tidus' hands glowed blue, that's when my tears pushed harder. I tried hard to hold them back. Tidus embracing Yuna was such a mellow moment. I held back the tears until the end of the credits. Afterwards, I locked myself in my room and cried away. :cry:

So I'm curious. How many of you actually cried at the ending? :confused:

thegirth
02-18-2007, 12:28 AM
only a little

KasaiDraco
02-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Not at all. I actually thought the ending was pretty funny. Well, I did get a little teary eyed with the FF8 ending during the Laguna part. I thought it was laugh out loud funny when good 'ol Yunie tripped and fell. You can read a recap of the ending too if you want. Here's the site. It's pretty funny the way it's described. The recap for the entire ending starts on page 4 and ends on page 6. There's some bad language on here and if you don't really like bad language, skip it, but you'll be missing out! This site has changed the way I look at video games.http://videogamerecaps.com/recaps/recaps.php?game=5&recap=99&page=4

Disco Potato
02-18-2007, 03:38 AM
Oddly, the first time I finished the game I didn't even get teary-eyed (I think I just got a lump in my throat), but the second time I got teary-eyed and would've let myself cry if my brother hadn't been watching the ending too. Yuna falling did make me chuckle though :p

jammi567
02-18-2007, 07:29 AM
No, way! it's only a game.

Hazzard
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
The game was very emotional for me...
The only part where i cried, was when Tidus and Yuna had their love scene ( how romantic...).

At the ending, i was a bit sad to see Tidus go though.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
02-18-2007, 11:03 AM
i didn't cry, i just thought "damn" and felt a little empty :D

Sidderz
02-18-2007, 11:18 AM
I didn't cry but felt incrediblly sad. One of my friends always cries at it, even when watching it on YouTube again. xD

Yliette
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
The Ending Theme in piano (found on the Final Fantasy X Piano Collection album) was very touchy. I always felt heavy inside every time I listened to that track. :cry:

Years ago, I've read that this certain fan cried extremely hard when Auron was finally sent.

chrisguapo69
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
The emotional ties that was built between Yuna and Tidus from the beggining of the game until the end when Tidus and Auron were sent was what really pushed me.

For me I think it was the musical score that really nailed it. When I watched the ending without the music, I didn't feel too bad. When I just listen to the theme, "Setuki da ne", I get teary eyed fast.

Watching the ending with the musical score is really eye watering.

During gameplay we hear that theme over and over again and somehow we are conditioned to the fact that this theme song is played only during happier times. It's only during the end that the song is played in it's full glory, but to a sad ending.

Sain Cai
02-18-2007, 03:26 PM

seconded!!!!

MJN SEIFER
02-18-2007, 04:19 PM

seconded!!!!

You guys are pretty wierd if you think that's a valiid reason.

And I did. (Cry that is)

N8V_Tidus25
02-18-2007, 04:42 PM

that makes 2 of us

Misaki
02-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Well, as horrible and embarrassing as it is to admit, I did cry. But thats just me. I've always been a sucker for doomed romance.
Though if I really did know you lovely people in person I would never say this. But anyway, as sad as it is, I cried like a blubbering baby.

But!!!! I can proudly say, my tears stopped as soon as I saw the end of the credits, when I saw Tidus wake up in the water with a smile on his face. Then I quite happily did my "happy dance" and started playing FFX-2

Zeromus_X
02-18-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes. :( This game had the most emotional ending.

Renmiri
02-18-2007, 06:50 PM
I got misty eyed but didn't bawl or anything like that. But I did get very sad and mad at how unfair it was for Tidus to die :(

Luckily X2 had been out by the time I finished X so I could see him and Yuna back again!

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Sorry, I thought there was nothing to cry about...the Fayth told you it was to happen, so, I didn't get too attached...but I did cry for poor Aeith in FFVII. Tisk!! Tisk!! She never STOOD a chance...lol...get it...stood...she was on her knees...

What I actually thought was sad...was to know that Aaron was dead from the start... (which doesn't make sence if you lose with him..he should just have came back like our greatest friendly enemy: Seymour and Sin!) I mean..His clothes was kool, his blade was kool, he was quite powerful, and how he worded things like "This is your story!!" and others. plus his additude and his part of the game was great...then he just let Yuna send him....that isn't kool!!

Vivisteiner
02-18-2007, 07:14 PM
No. I didnt cry, but I felt a little sad.

But shouldnt we all have been more sad over the deaths of all those people in Kilika than over Tidus.

Ashley Schovitz
02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Cry no it was just a game I was a little sad, a tad.

Lynx
02-18-2007, 07:52 PM
i didnt cry but it was very sad. i found the part where auron was sent was the saddest part because he seemed to have a choice to live or not and he told yuna to continue and send him.

Mirage
02-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Watery eyes and a lump in my throat. Few games affect me more than that. Yuna's speech moved me more than when Tidus vanished. A lot more, now that I think about it.

Sain Cai
02-19-2007, 02:16 AM
Sorry I cannot get emotional over a video game. So yes I find that a valid reason

Tavrobel
02-19-2007, 02:27 AM
No. It wasn't really worth crying over. It's not the ending of a story, it's the journey. If you cried at the ending, that's not a good sign to how many other works or stories you've read or heard.

rubah
02-19-2007, 03:05 AM
I've cried at it every time I've played thorugh it.

I cry pretty easy though xD sometimes at things that aren't sad xD

Mirage
02-19-2007, 03:25 AM
No. It wasn't really worth crying over. It's not the ending of a story, it's the journey. If you cried at the ending, that's not a good sign to how many other works or stories you've read or heard.

Why's that "not a good sign"? Not a good sign of what?

ReloadPsi
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I cheered because Tidus fucking died.

hplvr
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
hell no.... my friend did tho.... for a while

KasaiDraco
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
I cheered because Tidus smurfing died.
Tidus didn't die, he disapeared. Yuna should've died, or Shelinda.

Leen-Leen
02-19-2007, 11:10 PM
I got sorta teary-eyed but none of the tears actually fell :P I actually laughed a little when Yuna fell, which made it stop being so sad.

Yuffie514
02-20-2007, 05:28 AM
a little. of course, they were well oblivious to others, since the occasion just so happens to be either Father's Day or Mother's Day...

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Please don't spoil the magic, Tidus annoyed me. (Even if he was my favourite party member gameplay-wise)

SrgDark
02-26-2007, 02:23 PM
I cryied when I saw Tidus wanishing and cryed to the end of credits.A blink of hope appeared then.

Crossblades
02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
I didn't cry. I was surprised, though

Hambone
02-26-2007, 06:08 PM
When I first saw it, no. Now I do.

edczxcvbnm
02-26-2007, 06:26 PM
What is there to be sad about. Tidus was finally able to give his dad the high 5 he always wanted to give. It wasn't sad. If anything it was happy.

TyphoonThaReapa
02-26-2007, 08:46 PM
A'yo, I didn't cry but, I was so into the game every time I would here that theme music...*getting teary eyed*...I would just...pause and think about...all the good times we had together...*crying* AHHHHH!!!!! And said I would never cry!!!!!!!! I'm too tough!!!!!!!! DAMMIT!!!!!!!!! YUNA!!!!!!!!!! TIDUS!!!!!!!!!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?:( :cry:

Savern Volaco
02-27-2007, 02:15 AM
hehe I was Irritable after wards the completing off ffX why because the ending was lame enough but you know, all my co workers / editors said I looked depressed...oh wait it did affect me curse you square soft.
^,..,^ Oooh look a brownie...*starts to nibble on a brownie* ah better I almost felt sad again.

Christmas
02-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I cried a river. :weep:

Formalhaut
03-04-2007, 03:48 PM
well I cryed when Yuna sent her aeons back. Then I creyed again when she sent Auron. Then I thought "Gosh will the sad things never end?" and then when Tidus disapperad I :cry:. But when Tidus Came back swimming back i felt happy.

Absconditus_Oraculum
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Came close to crying but it didn't get that far. Was a sad ending. I mean you go through most of the game thinking Yuna is going to die at the end and then it turns out that she lives and Tidus dissapears. When she fell through him that was kind of when the whole thing really hit you, for all the chars in the game and for anyone playing who may not have really got it from being told before or who didn't fully prepare for it. Yuna's speach at the end was sad has well. Has for X-2 it doesn't exsist to me. Hated the game, didn't like how the story was going and I never finished it. The dress sphears where kind of stupid and felt like and FF versoin of dressing up barbies or something. For me the story ended has it did in X. Sin was defeted, Tidus gone. The end. The rest left only to imagination.

CloudStrifex
03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
*Raises hand* I cried! Like a bitch lol..
I didn't want them to get seperated. Strongly support TidusxYuna.
When she whispers I love you.. that was it for me lmao!
Gawdd.. that game is masterpeice. x

Dynast-Kid
04-01-2007, 06:19 AM
I cried at the end. The music, the images, the love that could never be! At least until X-2... It was all just too much for me! But I cry at a lot of things. I even cried in Lilo & Stitch!

I also cried when I first reached Zanarkand, and the song "To Zanarkand" was playing in the background. It's just...so beautiful

CloudStrifex
04-01-2007, 08:44 AM
Yeahh the Zanarkand bit is emotional.. Also when Tidus is told about Yuna's 'sacrifice' in 'Home'.. And they all walk off lolz.
Although his voice actor is pants, with a gay and annoying voice, he sets the tone of character rly nicely. A lot of ppl won't admit it but he played a big part in the makin of the game's succes =]..
The narrative side of the game, think how his lines are said- hes good at acting tbh.
'When will Yuna stop dancing?'

KasaiDraco
04-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes, SHE, JAT does sound gay. But, he is nothing compared to Bobby Edner (Vaan). That guy sucked.

Edge7
04-01-2007, 05:18 PM

that makes 2 of us
Three! :greenie:

atlanteay
04-01-2007, 06:02 PM
i can't remember. I think i was really sad but i don't think i cried.

Lillian
04-10-2007, 06:51 AM
Oh god, I'd love it if Shelinda died.

Discord
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
*dodgy* Yuna whistling towards the sea really got me...

CloudStrifex
04-16-2007, 03:12 PM
I'd have been happy if Wakka died..

Hazzard
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
I wanted a lot of people to die, but they didn't. (BROTHER I HATE YOU, YOU MOTHER--)

Spammerman
04-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I didnt cry because I havent gotten to it yet.

Discord
04-16-2007, 11:39 PM
I didnt cry because I havent gotten to it yet.

Hehe, I've beat it ultra fast to reply this thread. That's loyalty!:cry: :love:

Hazzard
04-17-2007, 01:04 AM
Real MEN don't cry, they're true Luchadores, essay!

You gotta have balls to not submit to crying, ya? Especially when you're man with big balls.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Nah, I cried...

silentenigma
04-17-2007, 02:53 AM
No, I did not cry. Since Tidus was the main character and narrator for most of the game, I viewed his death from his perspective, and the ending didn't seem as sad that way.

And, I'm a MAN.

Finola
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I did cry at the end but cuz i was watching my sister playing it i didn't dare to cry out loud. It was emotional scene but the way Yuna said 'i love you' was a cliché way, at least for thsi couple.
I was angry cuz Tidus was fading away but a happy ending between them in that game would've been too boring. When i played it through personally i think i cried again... but honestly not even much.

yunacy
04-18-2007, 04:18 AM
i got really sad but i didn't cry

Comkeen1
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Has anyone noticed that Tidus only says bye to Yuna??

Anno Domini
04-25-2007, 03:15 PM
i cried a little which is kinda normal because i get sad very easy. Kingdom Hearts, KH2 and starocean made me very sad but only FFX made me cry. I didnt feel anything though at the end of FFXII........

Goldenboko
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
No, I laughed, happily

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I have to admit that the ending was very symbolic and disheartening, yet the announcement of FINAL FANTASY X-2 ruined the sentiment.

Discord
04-27-2007, 12:35 AM
I have to admit that the ending was very symbolic and disheartening, yet the announcement of FINAL FANTASY X-2 ruined the sentiment.

Absolutely.

kikimm
04-27-2007, 03:18 AM
Hell yes. Screw all you playa hatas out there. 8-)

What Roogle said is also true.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 04:34 AM
I cried like a young child who did not get his way.
I wanted a large piece of flying machina to just come from ANYWHERE, and land on Yuna. Her damned voice was so ANNOYING.

Acid Raine
04-27-2007, 05:11 AM
Being the girly little boy I am, people expect me to have tear ducts as loose as that little girl from American Idol, but I dont. Its physically impossible for me to cry, even if I want to. No idea why.

I didnt even WANT to cry over this one. The ending was cute and sad and everything, but nothing unexpected.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 05:14 AM
You shouldn't hide your emotions. :c\

Would you like a hug?

Christmas
04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
I drowned a whole colony of ants with my tears. :(

raven doll
04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I cried at the ending because of how sad and tragic it was since Tidus and Yuna wouldn't stay together. But when I first beat the game there were people in the room, so I pretty much blinked back my tears. But when I am playing it by myself and when I watch the ending, yes, I do cry.

Setzer Gabianni
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Cry at Tidus and Yuna being seperated? No lol. Cried at Auron's sending? Hell yes. First FF to make me cry like a baby.

bxela1
05-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Very sad, but not something to cry about.

My sis doesn't feel that way though lol.

CaptRory
05-13-2007, 06:46 AM
I was choking back tears. If it were less sad I might have actually cried because I wouldn't have braced myself as much.

Jessweeee♪
05-13-2007, 07:01 AM
I was with my little brother, so I couldn't cry, but I totally wanted to. Tidus had become my favorite character, and now THIS!
So instead of crying, my brother and I were both like, AWWWWWSSS THIS REALLY SUCKS!! I DUN WANT TYE-DUS TO DIE!
We pronounced it tie-dus then u.u

Seiryuu
05-18-2007, 02:14 AM
I held my tears in, though I had to wipe'em once.

tidus_rox
05-26-2007, 05:34 AM
Lol... Why are some of you afriad to cry infront of your family? I did watch it alone, and I bawled, however, I cryed all through dinner.
Everyone knew what I was crying over. I showed my mom the ending and she got tears in her eyes. She said that she didn't cry like me because she's not attached to the charactors. When I asked her to play through the game... She just looked at me and laughed. Lol... I love my mom. 'Night everyone! :)

Forever_Young
05-26-2007, 07:18 PM
I actullly did cry... A lot! I'm mean... When she said *I love you* it felt like... well, very very sad... I think I actully cried for about 10 min.... And I still cries... every damed time I watch it!

yojimbosoul
05-30-2007, 05:12 AM
I just felt hollow inside, then I went and played the most happiest game in the world (also lamest) NEOPETS........then I only felt worse.....and I started FFX-2.......touching ending for the games (not Neopets)

cloud21zidane16
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I didn't cry. I was surprised, though

I Don't Need A Name
05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
No, i thought Tidus was a tosser so was happy that he went!! i just grinned at the prospect of him shutting up....and then FFX-2 brought him back at the end ¬_¬ i mean, even Wakka was cooler than Tidus and thats saying something

scrumpleberry
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
This site has changed the way I look at video games.Videogame Recaps :: Recaps :: Final Fantasy X :: Part 22 :: Page 4 (http://videogamerecaps.com/recaps/recaps.php?game=5&recap=99&page=4)

Love this site.

Haven't played the game fully through but I watched the ending on youtube (I know, I'm a cheapskate) and thought it was really powerful although I hate Tidus.

Thoughtless
05-31-2007, 04:44 AM
Yea I did, this and FFVIII Ragnarok scene are the only 2 video game scenes that have.

Sword
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
I did shed a little tear. How could you not? Awesome emotion provoking Squenix :D

Brennan
05-31-2007, 04:19 PM
Nah, i didn't cry.
Reminds me of Jecht.

licence
05-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I never cried, it was a sad ending but I couldn't help laughing when she fell straight through him.

Audiosphere
06-04-2007, 01:15 AM
I got a little teary eyed, not too bad though! It's definitely one of my fav endings, poor yunnie and tidus. :(

Peter_20
06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
No, way! it's only a game....and everyone knows that polygonal characters can't awaken emotions within you, because polygons possess the magical ability to completely eliminate any kinds of emotions! :monster:

Yes, this is supposed to sound sarcastic. :eep:

kahokochan
06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
im just a really emotional person and i cry very easily, so i bawled at the end hahaha even when i see it again n youtube i cry!! sure if i hear aeris theme i cry ahha xxx:choc2: