PDA

View Full Version : I just got Rogue Galaxy!!

Dragonsoul
02-18-2007, 01:11 AM
I got Rogue Galaxy yesterday and it's strategy guide, from EB Games. This is great! I am enjoying it a lot right now I am nearly 2 hours into the game. I was thinking of getting it in a month when I finish Final Fantasy XII but I decided to just get it now. I'll get Alundra 1 and Blue Dragon next. I am trying to compare it with Final Fantasy XII

Graphics: Final Fantasy XII is better
Controls: Final Fantasy XII is probably better, if you don't mind FF XII's camera controls
Battle System: It's difficult to say. One has an automated Gambit system, one is an action rpg where you press 3 buttons over and over.
Sound: It's too early to tell, both are about the same.
Story: I think the story in Rogue Galaxy might be better, FF XII doesn't have a too great story
Characters: I think the characters in Rogue Galaxy might be better, FF XII doesn't have a too great character cast

I think Rogue Galaxy could be the better game. Let me continue playing it! What part of the game are you guys located at right now? :)

Dreddz
02-18-2007, 01:14 AM
Im currently playing through it now. Of course, it being Level 5, its fucking brilliant. Not as good as some of their past games oike Dark Cloud 1 and 2. Still, ace game.

Dragonsoul
02-18-2007, 01:30 AM
This is fun! They say they worked 2 and a half years on the Japanese version, then they worked on the US/Europe enhanced version. That's a huge process. I wonder if the Dragon Quest VIII game has the same: producer, director, character designer, composer, and scenario writer. Maybe Level 5 had both games on seperate teams or one team made both games? What is your thought? :)

I really like the opening movie before you press start! When it shows all
the gameplay. What is the best part of the opening movie that you like?

Type this in on youtube.com
Rogue Galaxy - US Intro Montage

Look at the part at 1:14 and 1:15 into the video. That part shows them in some space ship or something and Simon is shaking his arms or something. Apparently they are under attack or having technical difficulties on the ship. I like that scene! When does it show up I wonder? The game is great, I think they very first 2 scenes with the 1st and 2nd planets they show is great! I also like the 3 scenes that last from 2:13 to 2:26.

Remedy
02-18-2007, 06:22 AM
So, U've started playing Rogue Galaxy !
I'm going to play it very soon, but 1st I have to finish FF XII
-
U mentioned Alundra !
do U play it on PSX ?

Dragonsoul
02-19-2007, 12:12 AM
How many hours are you into FF XII and how long do you plan to play it in hours? You can finish the game in 50 or 150 hours depending on if you do none or all of the sidequests. Although I believe you can go higher, closer to 200 hours if you want to get up to level 99 and beat Omega Mark XII.

I am 104 hours into FF XII and am faced with nearly 50 hours of sidequests. This is a new and main Final Fantasy, so I want to beat it 100% but at the same time I have a slight boredom right now because of all the sidequests and hunts I am doing. I feel behind so I decided to get Rogue Galaxy before I finished FF XII, so I'm playing both at the same time.

I am 6 hours into Rogue Galaxy and I finished the first 3 of about 13 chapters of the game. I will stop for a little bit to play a few hours of Final Fantasy XII. My current goal is to finish Final Fantasy XII and either Rogue Galaxy or my next game Alundra 1 before I pick up Blue Dragon for Xbox 360. I play up to two games at one time. At the moment I am considering playing Radical Dreamers, Xenogears, and Chrono Cross right after this, not sure thought. I think I'll delay Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story, and Final Fantasy X-2, along with other old games I haven't beaten yet.

By the way I plan to get the limited edition Japanese Nintendo DS with the Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings logo on it. I'll buy the Usa version of it this fall when it comes out. Can I play Usa games on that Japanese Nintendo DS? :)

JKTrix
02-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I picked up Rogue Galaxy and played it for about an hour. I'll probably go back to it soon enough, but it's not as interesting as a few other games I need to finish. Like...er...Dragon Quest 8...

*is a slow RPG player*

Dragonsoul
02-19-2007, 02:14 AM
I've noticed some similarities between Rogue Galaxy and Final Fantasy XII.

Jaster from Rogue Galaxy grows up in the desert and doesn't know his parents, like Vaan from Final Fantasy XII. Jaster wants to be a Space pirate and Vaan wants to be a Sky pirate. Kisala seems to be a combo of Ashe/Penelo from FF XII kinda. Zegram reminds me of Balthier. Lilika reminds me of Fran. There are others but I can't remember right now. I want to play it some more later today.

Dragon Quest 8 I haven't played yet, I should check out some gameplay of it. I beat Dragon Quest 1, but I didn't beat 2/3/4. I chose not to beat 5/6 also and I haven't seen 7/8 before. Basically I wasn't interested in 5/6 when I saw the footage of it last spring so I later ended up not considering Dragon Quest 8, but should I? Dragon Quest 1 was cool! :)

Neofrodo
02-21-2007, 10:14 PM
I haven't played Rogue Galaxy. Is it any good?

Dragonsoul
02-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Rogue Galaxy is great. I'm excited about it and I recommend this game. The characters might actually be more interesting/better than in Final Fantasy XII I think. The story I still have to compare with FF XII. Read my earlier posts for more detailed thoughts on this.

I just started Chapter 5! This is great! Who else is playing it right now and where are you in it? What do you think of it? :)

LunarWeaver
02-23-2007, 08:47 AM
I beat this a few days back. Polished, fun, and overall another solid entry from Level-5. Predictably, the characters and plot were the same thing I've seen before plenty of times, but I guess it's nice to hear it all over yet again. Sort of...I'm getting less lenient with RPG plots these days, even ones where the plot was never the main focus. It's not that hard to tell a story that isn't the same thing that's been done before. I've read fanfiction by 12-year-olds better than some stuff game's pump out.

But that aside, my only real gripe is that later the game can delude into spamming an insta-kill Ability over and over. By the time I was up to Angel's Kill Lvl3, it simply killed everything. There really was no need for me to even fight. I banned myself from Lvl3 abilities just for the sake of fun ._.

The game is hella pretty, with tons of weapons, lots to do and level up, a nice length that can be piled on into the 50-60 hour range if you have to "do it all", and the battle system is fun and will keep you on your toes at least. It was enjoyable.

I've never really understood the "THIS IS THE FFXII KILLER" thing that people do (why do games have to be at war with each other), but since it is what it is, I might as well lay down the two cents: I think FFXII was a better title.

Breine
02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
I hereby hate every single one of you! :P I want this game too!! Sigh, I just have to finish Zelda: Twilight Princess first, and then Final Fantasy XII.

Dragonsoul
02-24-2007, 04:46 AM
Why do you say that it's 50-60 hours if you do all sidequests? I read that it's 40 or 80 hours depending on how many sidequests you do. The box says it has 100 hours of gameplay. What is everybody's thoughts on this topic?

Gah! Let me beat Final Fantasy XII and Rogue Galaxy and Alundra 1! I'm awaiting a new Zephyr Xbox 360 with Mass Effect and Blue Dragon!!! :)

Melodies_of_life
03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
Rogue Galaxy is a great game to play the graphics are very different from the FF games but after a while I don't notice them anymore. It is kind of like playing a game through a comic book.

Right now I am going through the mine trying to find the tablet. If you haven't gotten that far and don't know whai I'm talking about, don't worry you will verry soon.

Madame Adequate
03-13-2007, 01:52 AM
Beats the crap outta FFXII imo. Except Fran & Balthier, they're ownage.

Can't really beat Simon and Steve though, amirite?

Rostum
03-13-2007, 03:05 AM
I think I've got til June or July until this comes out in Australia. By then I'll have enough money to buy this, and I will have finished FFXII too.

:love:

Dragonsoul
03-13-2007, 07:09 AM
For the past week or two I haven't had time to play Rogue Galaxy or Final Fantasy XII, I'm annoyed! This makes me fall behind in schedule, but luckily for me Blue Dragon is delayed until August(probably Tuesday August 27th). I'll beat Alundra 1 and probably Mass Effect next.

:)

Dreddz
03-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I beat it only a few weeks ago, great game. Dont prefer it as much as FFXII, but thats tough competition, so ill give it credit. At the moment, Im just slugging through all its side quest shizz.

UltimaMasamune
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Yeah the game does kick a very big amount of ass, IMO I like it more than FFXII

The gameplay is very fun(what did you expect from the kings of ARPGs Level 5?), the story and characters while are pretty cliched , I still prefered it to alot of original stories and the characters are pretty cool(Gale and Zegram FTW), I was kinda disappointed with music but that's mostly because I was expecting Dark Cloud 2 style music in this game,the graphics are as sexy as ever, the voice acting is very good (exept for Deego), out of all of the games I am currently playing this is going to last the longest and it's defintly on my top 10 RPGs

the only thing I can hope for is that White Knight Story ends up being even better