PDA

View Full Version : Hot Fuzz

Psychotic
02-18-2007, 09:37 PM
I figured this could use a separate topic to the Spaced one.

Saw it yesterday. Absolutely smurfing brilliant. A lot of critics are saying it isn't as good as Shaun of the Dead (comparison is unavoidable, I guess) but I think it is definitely equal to it, if not better.

It started off pretty slowly, but once it got going I fell in love with it. It's definitely the best police/action move/TV Show parody I've seen. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are very clever men.

I don't need to comment on how good the humour of it is, although a fair chunk of it is very British, and I think it will be lost on American audiences, but I'm sure they'll still find a lot of the movie funny. The action scenes, though, are awesome too. Granny drop kick and gun carnage in a small village, featuring a crazed battle in Somerfield's? Priceless.

If you're British and you haven't seen it, go see it. If you're not, wait until it comes out in your country. Then go see it.

Shoeberto
02-18-2007, 09:41 PM
I want.

wtf, not out here until April 20th? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Old Manus
02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Absolutely motherfucking hilarious. The gunfight in Somerfield's and the constant reappearance of that stupid swan totally clinched it.

I'm cool because I use Spoiler tags effectively.

Shauna
02-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I went to see it yesterday - it was absolutely awesome. xD I barely not laughing during this. xD And yes, even though it has been said, the Granny drop kick was amazing. xD I also liked how everyone in the village had a gun, and then the various gunfights... awesome.

But yeah, I agree with Psy. Go see it! xD

DK
02-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Gonna see this at some point. No doubt that it will be qualitey

Dreddz
02-18-2007, 11:00 PM
I saw it last Friday, it was definately the funniest movie Ive seen in along time. Better than Shaun of the Dead in my opinion. The Gunfight in Somerfield was genius.

Drift
02-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Great film, Shaun of the dead was crap imho

Cz
02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Didn't know this was out already. I'll see it as soon as I get a chance and get back to you.

escobert
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Shaun of the Dead was awesome so I can only imagine!

Burtsplurt
02-19-2007, 06:04 PM
I liked it a lot, although it did drag a bit towards the end (too many false endings).

Nick Frost was brilliant (again). I think the only thing that got a bigger laugh than his many killer lines was Simon Pegg's fly kick on the farmer's mother.

God knows why we're using spoilers. I suppose it is all a bit Agatha Christie.

GF_Diablos
02-21-2007, 11:56 AM
I watched this last night and agree that it really is fantastic.
I just could not believe how well it was done and how funny the little jokes were. There was a lot of background funny stuff (as in SOTD) and I recommend it for anyone who enjoys British comedy.

Cz
02-24-2007, 02:26 PM
This film teaches us an important lesson: people from the country are creepy.

Great stuff. Better than Shaun of the Dead, if you ask me. The last twenty minutes or so were brilliant in every possible way. A superb example of British comedy, not to mention a fantastic advertisement for the police force service. They ought to take a few tips from Hot Fuzz, in my opinion. :D

Madame Adequate
02-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Not as good as Shaun imo - not even close in fact - but still a darned good movie and one you should see as soon as you can!

Zeldy
02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
I saw it today. I didn't like the bit with the spike from the roof killing the Journalist. It was gross! xD but Im extremely squeamish.

The film is really awesome though! but yeah, a bit too many false endings. I didnt really like Shaun of the Dead as I have a fear of Zombies.

The drop kick at the old woman was bloody hilarious :D

Spiffing Cheese
03-12-2007, 08:48 PM
It's alright, Andy, it's bolognese!

I loved it. And I love Simon Pegg.