PDA

View Full Version : Why is sephiroth such wuss

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 09:44 PM
I swear sephiroth is a mama boy. He is the worst bad guy ever mother this and mother that. My peeps think sephiroth is cool sephioth is'nt cool he is a wuss do you agree

BarelySeeAtAll
02-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I swear sephiroth is a mama boy. He is the worst bad guy ever mother this and mother that. My peeps think sephiroth is cool sephioth is'nt cool he is a wuss do you agree

*starts bleating deeply*
run, boy (or girl, whatev), run

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 10:14 PM
I take it you don't agree ands boy and sephiroth is a wuss:p:fencing:

Enjolras
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, but if you don't put foward a better argument then that, you'll quite possibly get torn to shreds by some of the debaters out there.

thegirth
02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
i disagree (glances at title) sephiroth is not wuss

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 10:25 PM
Okay this is my debate.

1.sephiroths is obsessed with his mother
2. he cut his moms head off even though he is obessed
3.he gets beat by cloud (no offense to my favorite ff7 character)
4.tryed killing Tifa which in our world hitting a girl is for wussess
5.He kills aerith from behind what kind of person do that

PS. I do not mean any offense to any sephiroth lovers but I don't like sephiroth:shoot::hourglas:

thegirth
02-18-2007, 10:45 PM
this is my debate

1, You have bad grammar

~Cloud Strife~
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Sephiroth is evil
He wants people to experience pain in every way possible

But hes not too bright, he has chances to kill but he doesn't

His last fight when you just have to use clouds limit break is pretty pointless, it would be better if that was part of the cut scene

BarelySeeAtAll
02-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Okay this is my debate.

PS. I do not mean any offense to any sephiroth lovers but I don't like sephiroth:shoot::hourglas:

5. clever people..trust me, no the cowards way out
you may be able to complain etc about him...but in a fight, who would win...you? or this "mummies boy" you call him, cos you may be able to blow his name up, but not him
if anything he should be admired...how often do you find anyone who loves their mum as much as he does...hes different...if you dont like it, write to the makers of the whole game and they might change him for you *starts growling again*

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 10:53 PM
this is my debate

1, You have bad grammar

my reasons for bad grammer

1.8 years old

2. in hurry

3. well there is'nt a 3

thank you come again

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Okay this is my debate.

PS. I do not mean any offense to any sephiroth lovers but I don't like sephiroth:shoot::hourglas:true sephiroth will send me to heaven in a nano sec but he is a mamas boy no matter what

you may be able to complain etc about him...but in a fight, who would win...you? or this "mummies boy" you call him, cos you may be able to blow his name up, but not him
if anything he should be admired...how often do you find anyone who loves their mum as much as he does...hes different...if you dont like it, write to the makers of the whole game and they might change him for you *starts growling again*

thegirth
02-18-2007, 10:57 PM
fair arguement

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 11:03 PM
fair arguementthank you and it's go eagles for basketball the celtics

Medi
02-18-2007, 11:10 PM
Actually it wasn't even Sephiroth that killed Aeris from behind, it was just one of those stupid creatures made out of Jenova cells. That's why after Aeris is killed you fight a form of Jenova. So it wasn't even Sephiroth that did all that crap. The real Sephiroth was all iced up, remember?

Hazzard
02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
I dont agree with your rash opinion on Sephiroth, and i think he is by far from being a wuss. He used mind games on Cloud, and when he got beaten by him, it doesn't exactly mean he is a bad villain; it just means he lost the battle at the end of the day, and the best man came out victorious.

I think Sephiroth was a spectacular villain, and his mind games were almost intriguing. He wasn't a 'mama's boy', because he just had great respect for his mother, and loved her dearly. Whats wrong with that?
He hit Tifa, but that doesn't make him a wuss, because he wasn't in a content state of mind, and have you forget the fact that he is EVIL!!!
That also covers the point of why, he killed Aerith; and he killed the chick in style as well.

Xurts
02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
my reasons for bad grammer

1.8 years old
bant.

~Cloud Strife~
02-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Ya that cutscene was so cool xD

PuPu
02-18-2007, 11:26 PM
Bad villain? Yes. Wuss? No.

1. "obsessed with mother"

There is debate whether Sephy he is controlling Jenova, or that Jenova is controlling him. Either way, it still doesn't make him a wuss, because he would either be trying to obtain the power of Lifestream for himself and not "mother" (even though he does say he wants the planet for mother a few times) or if Jenova was controlling him, you still can't say he is a wuss because it is not him. After all, it would be Jenova because he/she/it would be controlling Sephy.

2. "cuts his mom's head off"

It wasn't Jenova's head. If you're talking about the flashback with Cloud, Sephy removes the mask off of Jenova's containment chamer, not her head. Yeah, it was the only way he could see Jenova.

3. "gets beat by Cloud"

Well duh, the heroes always beat the villains.

4. "tries to kill Tifa and hitting girls is wussy like"

Hitting and killing are different. A murderer killing somebody who happens to be a girl is way different from some boy punching or picking a fight specifically with a girl.

5. "kills Aerith/Aeris from behind"

Haven't you heard of murderers who shoot/stab/kill somebody from behind? Almost all murderers attack from behind, since if the person saw the killer coming, they could run away and/or make it difficult for the murderer to kill them.

Oh and one final thing I would like to point out...
The "actual" Sephiroth is the one that you see in Cloud's flashback, the one that was sealed in the Northern Crater. The Sephiroth that you see for most of the game is acutally Jenova.

Fatal Impurity
02-18-2007, 11:34 PM
This topic seems lame and very badly thought out.

But here is my rebuttle to your "reasons"

1.Shes not his mother...shes actually just the entity that he was infused with/created from. This coupled with the shock and emotional trauma from finding out about his existence led him to associate/emotionally attach himself to Jenova. This caused Sephiroth to emotionally subtitute Lucrecia (his real mother) with Jenova as his mother. Thus because of Jenova's influence over him, (probably through some kind of communication through his Jenova cells) Sephiroth becomes a slave to Jenovas bidding. Plus as is noted earlier in this topic most of the game the "Sephiroth" you encounter isnt actually the real Sephy but rather one of Jenovas "puppets"

2.Your wrong (i think). He doesnt cut his "mothers" head off but rather (in the Nibel mountain reactor) releases her from her bindings inside the reator (it seems that shes trapped in some kind of capsule or pod).

3. He doesnt strictly get beaten by cloud but rather ganged up upon by the whole team. Contarary to popular opinion (in noobs i mean) Cloud isnt the only member of the team and isnt the only person who fights Sephy afterall they all make thier own contribution to beating Sephy.

4. If your a evil dude bent on destorying the WHOLE world and killing every man, woman, and child on the planet (with a giant meteor, no less) what difference is a mere female gonna make to you?

5. If your evil your not gonna make much of an effort to be fight/act honourably as this kind of defeats the object of being evil, no? You would in fact do it the easiest, least resource consuming way and grasp your chance to kill your enemies (especially when they are trying to get the spell that could stop you) when you have the opputunity. Plus if someone was close to screwing up your whole plan for planetary destruction...(if you were evil) would you care who/what she was and what she was doing?

judgemagistergabranth
02-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I give up I now potentially like sephiroth but he is still a villan that would lose to sin or vayne or maybe even Kuja

You thought I was series please Kuja is an okay villan but come

I would have preferred jenova as the final boss in FF7
but now I like sephiroth.Happy?!

BarelySeeAtAll
02-18-2007, 11:46 PM
I give up I now potentially like sephiroth but he is still a villan that would lose to sin or vayne or maybe even Kuja

woot woot

Fatal Impurity
02-18-2007, 11:47 PM
This isnt about whether you like or dislike Sephiroth its about you coming up with a poorly based arguement to justify your supposed dislike for Sephy. I couldnt really give a crap if you like Sephy or not i just dont like people making bashing topics especially without valid reasons!

Hazzard
02-18-2007, 11:51 PM

No offense, but you seriously need to sort out your grammar...*ouch*:(

But its good you've realized your faults in your comment of Sephiroth being a 'wuss'.

Oh yeah, you shouldn't be easily swayed by other peoples opinions, you gotta learn to stick by stuff, and you shouldn't of started this thread, if you weren't going to commit yourself to you're argument.

OneWingedAngelSephiroth91
02-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Okay this is my debate.

That I agree with you. Who wouldn't comite crimes in their mother's name.

Sephiroth-follower
02-19-2007, 12:34 AM

Okay, just looking round about FF VII stuff and saw this! Had to register just to say your SO wrong it's untrue. As soon as One Winged Angel theme starts to play you know your toast! The guy is so cool you almost don't mind being nailed

thegirth
02-19-2007, 12:51 AM
stop insulting the kid now, he is right now cooler than anyone due to actually being open to new ideas and actually being able to change his views unlike everyone else on the internet who thinks they are always right

Yuriev's ghost
02-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Okay, just looking round about FF VII stuff and saw this! Had to register just to say your SO wrong it's untrue. As soon as One Winged Angel theme starts to play you know your toast! The guy is so cool you almost don't mind being nailed
You registered on a message board because some guy insulted Sephiroth?

=\

Sephiroth-follower
02-19-2007, 01:02 AM
The guy has One Wing, a huge sword and, well let's face it, kicks ass. Just don't see how anyone can say he's a wuss. Again, the theme when it starts ya kinda get this "Oh Hell...." vibe too. If a reason existed....:)

thegirth
02-19-2007, 01:02 AM
that would explain the name, he probably would have picked a better one if he had joined for a good reason

Sephiroth-follower
02-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Okay I'll admit a little harsh. the intricate details to the story as with all of Square Enix's projects are second to none. Even Kingdom Hearts has it's moments, the in-jokes ranging from FF I & II on the Nintendo platforms are apparent throughout the series and the consistency of basic elements (Aeons, Summonings call it what you will) yet still a different character base to relate too amazes me. You guys have probably heard it all before too. Still, my opinion of Sephiroth is my own

02-19-2007, 01:48 AM

You read my mine...that's how I feel when I hear that music...It's really creepy but yet...kool feeling. Ya know?

jammi567
02-19-2007, 11:20 AM
3. He doesnt strictly get beaten by cloud but rather ganged up upon by the whole team. Contarary to popular opinion (in noobs i mean) Cloud isnt the only member of the team and isnt the only person who fights Sephy afterall they all make thier own contribution to beating Sephy.
your party may fight Safa and Bizzardo (whatever they're called), but Cloud does the killing blow in that mental battle that stops Sephy for two years. So, yeah, he does get beaten by Cloud

ReloadPsi
02-19-2007, 02:18 PM
Sephiroth is a total pansy. The only reason he seems hard is because of the amount of times he gets to use cutscene mechanics to get what he wants (stabbing Aeris, killing the dudes in Nibelheim and burning the village, injuring Tseng). When you finally take him on in a straight battle you kick his ass.

Hazzard
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Sephiroth is a total pansy. The only reason he seems hard is because of the amount of times he gets to use cutscene mechanics to get what he wants (stabbing Aeris, killing the dudes in Nibelheim and burning the village, injuring Tseng). When you finally take him on in a straight battle you kick his ass.

Yeah, but you round up on him; with about 8 party members, who are fully trained, and equipped with many strong summons ( KOTR ), and magic. So what can he really do, Sephiroth isn't no pansy, he just didn't win at the end of the day.

You know if Sephiroth never caught Tseng off guard, Tseng would of probably gave him a run for his money...Wonder what his weapon is..??

Aerisfanatic
02-19-2007, 07:23 PM
Okay this is my debate.

ya sephiroth was upsest with jenova even though lucrecia is his real mother

BarelySeeAtAll
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
i think you are all hypocrites if YOU all think the Lord is pathetic, wuss like and a pansy...
to the whole name thing...my name is due to someone putting on a funny on youtube that sephi is Lord of the sheep...that is quite obsessive...
ya, so yer all hypocrites and i hope you join martyr so i can wipe you all out...
*my opinion*

Strawberry_Mew
02-19-2007, 09:04 PM

Well everyone can think on what they want personally I love Sephiroth
:3 But I'm not going to go nutz cuz I don't agree with you :3

02-20-2007, 02:21 AM

I agree with you... some of what you say...I might just go as insane as Sephiroth and kill you all....

Xurts
02-20-2007, 04:11 AM

Yeah, but you round up on him; with about 8 party members, who are fully trained, and equipped with many strong summons ( KOTR ), and magic. So what can he really do, Sephiroth isn't no pansy, he just didn't win at the end of the day.

You know if Sephiroth never caught Tseng off guard, Tseng would of probably gave him a run for his money...Wonder what his weapon is..??
Tseng would've gotten owned either way. Not he, nor any of the other Turks, stood a chance against him.

Hazzard
02-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Tseng would've gotten owned either way. Not he, nor any of the other Turks, stood a chance against him.

No one really knows what Tseng is capable of, ( abilities, materia, skills..) Plus sephiroth did catch him off guard, and i believe he could probably even take out Cloud and his little gang...!!!

Firo Volondé
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM
No one really knows what Tseng is capable of, ( abilities, materia, skills..) Plus sephiroth did catch him off guard, and i believe he could probably even take out Cloud and his little gang...!!!

Tseng is capable of absolutely nothing, being neither a PC or a boss there is no battle data for him. And didn't Sephiroth and Tseng have a conversation in the Temple before Sephiroth did his stabby-stabby?

Riana
02-20-2007, 11:45 AM
1.8 years old

An 8 year old?

Well if that is true... :tongue:

Err no. Anyway, yeah you can have your say etc etc. But calling Sephiroth a wuss isn't really appropriate now is it? Would a wuss dress the way he does? Would a wuss wield the sword he does?

About this hitting/killing girls business. Now you must all bare in mind he lost his mind after finding out what he found out after the Nibelheim incident. Be honest wouldn't you all go insane the same way after such an upbringing? That is a pretty sick shock now isn't it?

It's not his fault.

Da5nake
02-20-2007, 01:00 PM
1.8 years old

An 8 year old?

Well if that is true... :tongue:

Err no. Anyway, yeah you can have your say etc etc. But calling Sephiroth a wuss isn't really appropriate now is it? Would a wuss dress the way he does? Would a wuss wield the sword he does?

About this hitting/killing girls business. Now you must all bare in mind he lost his mind after finding out what he found out after the Nibelheim incident. Be honest wouldn't you all go insane the same way after such an upbringing? That is a pretty sick shock now isn't it?

It's not his fault.

:eek: so true lol. Sephiroth ain't a wuss he wields the longest sword ever thought of. Cloud couldn't hold it. Sephiroth just wanted some action from the back when he killed Aerith, but she denied the entry...:cry: my guess lol.... we all love our mother, so why can't a fantasy character can't aswell?:confused: Sephiroth is cool, he played part in both Kindom Hearts and was easy to kill on second KH but a mission on KH1. Sure the silver white long hair is a bit too much, but don't you see that it makes him look kewl:cool: . well that's my opinion.:D

ReloadPsi
02-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Sephiroth ain't a wuss he wields the longest sword ever thought of. Cloud couldn't hold it.
And yet it could be held by a frickin' White Mage in a previous game. Also this guy named Edge waved it about in his left hand while keeping an eye on his Murasame too. I'm just glad they didn't screw up the dialogue; in the Amano concept art Sephiroth really does look like a girl, but that's largely because Amano's artwork sucks.

Strawberry_Mew
02-20-2007, 09:15 PM

I agree with you... some of what you say...I might just go as insane as Sephiroth and kill you all....

Lol XD its all good :3

The Crystal
02-21-2007, 04:25 AM
your party may fight Safa and Bizzardo (whatever they're called), but Cloud does the killing blow in that mental battle that stops Sephy for two years. So, yeah, he does get beaten by Cloud

Yeah, but that Sephiroth was his most weak form of all. After Safer was defeated, he lost his physical body, lost the Jenova cells, and lost the Lifestream that he absorbed. In the end he was just a "weak"(compared to his previous forms) spirit, incapable of absorbing the Lifestream. Even if Meteor crashed in the planet, Sephiroth wouln't be capable of absorbing the Lifestream, because he didn't have a body anymore. And this happened because Avalanche destroyed it.
After Safer was destroyed Sephiroth's entire plan was over, and this hapened because of Avalanche, not just Cloud.

And about Tseng's weapon, exist an optional mission in BC that you play as him, and if i'm not mistaken, he use a normal gun.

Tg.cid
02-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Sephiroth is not a wuss!Do wusses kill people.No wusses would say mama I have a bo-bo does sephiorth do that nope.

02-21-2007, 08:19 PM

That was in his head...no physically.

jammi567
02-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Yeah....that's why i said it was a mental battle. :rolleyes2

thegirth
02-22-2007, 12:35 AM
every one stop posting now, the OP admited that he was wrong and now likes sephiroth, there is no need for arguement

jammi567
02-22-2007, 12:46 AM
yes there is, because we've moved on a bit from that now.

thegirth
02-22-2007, 01:07 AM
your still making the arguement that sephiroth is or is not a wuss

Aerisfanatic
02-22-2007, 01:20 AM
i dont know if hes a wuss he did kill aeris wich pissed me off but everyone wants to be with ther mothers:(

thegirth
02-22-2007, 01:37 AM
see what i mean

jammi567
02-22-2007, 01:44 AM
i dont know if hes a wuss he did kill aeris wich pissed me off but everyone wants to be with ther mothers:(
i like to know what research he read that ever game him the idea that Jenova was his real mother, and not Lucreacia(?)

Riana
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
i like to know what research he read that ever game him the idea that Jenova was his real mother, and not Lucreacia(?)

If you had played through the Kalm town flashback (disc 1). Cloud asks Sephiroth a question about his parents. That's when Sephiroth revealed that Jenova is his mother (or so we thought).

For those that played further will know that Hojo and Lucrecia were a couple, who are Sephiroth's real parents. Hojo injected Jenova cells into Lucrecia's womb. Sephiroth was most likely taught that Jenova was his mother and was never told about Lucrecia. That is unless Prof. Gast had something to do with it.

02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
For those that played further will know that Hojo and Lucrecia were a couple, who are Sephiroth's real parents. Hojo injected Jenova cells into Lucrecia's womb. Sephiroth was most likely taught that Jenova was his mother and was never told about Lucrecia. That is unless Prof. Gast had something to do with it.

Well, not really a couple... I have played Dierge of Cerberus