PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Animated Series

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-18-2007, 11:05 PM
What's your favorite episode of Batman: The Animated Series? I can't remember what the episode is called or what the episode is about because it's been years, since I've seen it but I do remember a few quotes from this episode.

"You're tampering with the Hand of Fate!"

"You can't do that Batman!"

"It's against the rules!"

"You're cheating!"

"I make my own rules Riddler!"

kikimm
02-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Anything with Poison Ivy. I was pretty obsessed with Poison Ivy.

NINJA_Ryu
02-19-2007, 04:05 AM
I dont remember the episodes in great detail, but i really had fun with the episode where batman was reduced to a bats abilities. (blindness and other things) and it had the pnguin too, so pretty good there.

Ishin Ookami
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
I dont remember the episodes in great detail, but i really had fun with the episode where batman was reduced to a bats abilities. (blindness and other things) and it had the pnguin too, so pretty good there.

Anything with Two Face, Raaz Al Ghul, or Mr Freeze was ace.

Perchance to dream is one of my favorites, its the one where Mad Hatter puts batman in a dream where he lives out his heartfelt desires, and has to sacrifice them to return to reality.

And Almost got em is perfect for when you just want to laugh. This episode has enough zingers and gags to fill an entire season of sitcoms. Batman disguised as Killer Croc and playing him super dumb, The Joker playing Johnny Carson, Poison Ivy's reunion with Two face (or even the skimpy piece of black lingerie she wore in her flashback), and the villans constantly one upping each other was all brilliantly done.

And anything where Harley Quinn gets the focus is also ace in my book. Brilliant character that one.

I'm also particular to the laughing fish episode, just because of how effing creepy it was.

Oh yah, anyone notice that throughout the entire series, the only time Batman makes with the lethal force is when he's fighting a robot? Espescially when he whacks the Harvy Bullock robot in the head with a crowbar, before he even knows it's a robot. In the Extra's on the Boxed set DVD's Paul Dini remarks how that was something of a running gag throughout the series.

Odaisé Gaelach
02-25-2007, 03:24 AM
The opening sequence was just fantastic, especially Danny Elfman's music. :love:

Peegee
03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
There was an episode where Bruce Wayne was going to deliver two roses to the location where his parents were gunned down. Meanwhile one of his friends who runs a homeless shelter gets caught up in some shady deal to blow up the neighbourhood in order to rebuild/zone it.

There were some really good episodes. They don't do that sort of thing any more. It's just mindless entertainment for children. OMG guns pewpew!

sockmonkey
03-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I find it both hillarious and sad that the Mr. Freeze in the cartoon was deeper, more realistic, had better dialogue, and was better acted by the voice guy than the one in the movie.

Sorry Arnold, but you really sucked donkey in that one.

Roogle
03-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I liked Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy a lot. They got an episode where they worked together, too.

Bunny
03-02-2007, 06:48 PM
The one with Batman kicking the Joker's butt.

Shlup
03-03-2007, 10:36 PM
Anything with <s>Poison Ivy</s> Harley Quinn. I was pretty obsessed with <s>Poison Ivy</s> Harley Quinn.

Fixed.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-04-2007, 03:55 PM
I find it both hillarious and sad that the Mr. Freeze in the cartoon was deeper, more realistic, had better dialogue, and was better acted by the voice guy than the one in the movie.

Sorry Arnold, but you really sucked donkey in that one.

Arnold as Mr. Freeze was worse than George Clooney as Batman!:mad2: I wonder why Arnold and Clooney's performances in Batman & Robin didn't destroy their careers.

Anyway another episode of TAS that I like is the one where Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face.

sockmonkey
03-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Yep, the scene where Harvey is talking to his shrink and his dark side comes out was delightfully creepy.
I think that episode was a two-parter.

Personally, I would have cast Patrick stewart as Mr. Freeze and Alec Baldwin as Batman.

Ashley Schovitz
03-05-2007, 02:04 AM
The Batman cartoon was wayyy better than Superman's.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
I think it was a three-part episode. I like the ending when Two-Face was going to decide Thorn's fate by flipping his coin and Batman threw about a dozen coins into the air and Harvey couldn't find his coin!:D

But it's too bad that Joel Schumacher had to rip off the ending of this episode and put it in Batman Forever.

Ishin Ookami
03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
The Batman cartoon was wayyy better than Superman's.

The worst thing about the Superman cartoon was that superman was less than super. I mean the guy had his ass handed to him by Sinestro, the green lantern wannabe. That was low. But despite some episodes where supes is a whimp, it did have more good episodes than bad.

I think the thing I liked most about the Batman animated series was that it had a lot of episodes that were just pure jokes. Anything with Harley is worth watching dozens of times just for laughs, Almost got em and The man who killed batman are also quite funny.

Oh yah, and the two parter that introduced two face (hmmm, me thinks me see's a joke there) was also very intense and dramatic. I just love where Harvey snaps on Thorne and starts kicking everyones arse. But second chance I felt was better, because you got to see more of the conflict between the two personalities, and how Batman will still risk his life to save his friend.

sockmonkey
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
I didn't have a problem with the powered-down Superman.
It made him more interesting to watch.
With his traditional full powers it takes something world shattering to challenge him, or the villans resort to the tired cliche' of taking hostages every other episode.