PDA

View Full Version : From Rags to Riches part Deux!

Martyr
02-19-2007, 03:31 AM
I have no idea why I titled this that.
But I'm not sorry

Anyhow, remember how I said that I was junking a bunch of my old clothes. Well, turns out that they weren't that bad after all. But I still didn't want them. They're too small and kinda old, and, well mostly they're just too small. Good shape, really. Lotta money in clothes to just throw away.

I don't live in a neighborhood where we're allowed to build massive bonfires to cook clothes with, so I donated everything worth wearing to Goodwill.

What a champion I feel like. Little poor me, donating to charity. (I'll buy it all back tomorrow)

Anyhow, do you donate to charities? Which? How? Why?

Agrias
02-19-2007, 03:37 AM
i dooo, i donate 30 dollars to the canadian special childrens charity. umm...i donate old clothes to big brothers....and,.....thats it, lol

~*~Celes~*~
No, because my mom never remembers to give my old clothes to charity =[ So they go in the trash. Same with old shoes.

Iceglow
Well I donate to charity when I can but I also do fund raising, last year for Comic Relief I did a sponsored 9 hour silence at work I couldn't do any speech even to customers but I had to do all my normal duties and that included checkouts XD

This year I'm going to dye my hair Tempoarily bright red like Luzzu's in FFX (since I have his hair style in any case lol) I'm intending to do this as a thing for the EoFF meet up so y'all get to see me with it in the pictures. However I'll have to make out at work it's for charity I am doing it maybe people will pay to see me do it XD

Agrias
02-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Well I donate to charity when I can but I also do fund raising, last year for Comic Relief I did a sponsored 9 hour silence at work I couldn't do any speech even to customers but I had to do all my normal duties and that included checkouts XD

This year I'm going to dye my hair Tempoarily bright red like Luzzu's in FFX (since I have his hair style in any case lol) I'm intending to do this as a thing for the EoFF meet up so y'all get to see me with it in the pictures. However I'll have to make out at work it's for charity I am doing it maybe people will pay to see me do it XD

i gave him the red hair idea, bwahahhaha

Meat Puppet
02-19-2007, 03:39 AM
I put some clothes into one of those boxes for poor kids once.

kikimm
02-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I guess kind of. I probably donate clothes like...4 or 5 times a year. Too many clothes. And books. My mom goes to the goodwill store a lot, so I'll give her stuff sometimes.

Also, those people that hang around stores at Christmas time, ringing their stupid bells. Here, have my horrible pennies.

oddler
02-19-2007, 04:01 AM
I usually put whatever change I have in whatever jar or can is on the counter if I buy something.

Araciel
02-19-2007, 04:29 AM
hell no.

XxSephirothxX
02-19-2007, 04:45 AM
I don't actively seek out charities to donate to, as I don't have an excess of money to just hand out. But pretty much any time I've outgrown clothes throughout my life we've bagged them up and taken them to a good will place. No sense throwing things away that could help other people, and it does feel good to contribute in some small way.

Shlup
02-19-2007, 05:47 AM
I always donate my old clothes. I click The Hunger Site & co everyday, if that counts. I give actual money to charities once in awhile too.

Yamaneko
02-19-2007, 05:57 AM
I give my old clothes to my mom and she does what she does with them. I don't ask. I know my grandmother sends a ton of clothes and money back to Russia every year.

Rye
02-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I have a lot of old clothes that I either lose interest in or they're too small/big [god how I wish the latter applied more ;_;], so I usually donate my clothes about twice a year.

Jess
02-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I've given clothes, toys and other stuff I didn't need anymore away to charity before. I've also given money to homeless people a couple of times. :jess:

escobert
02-19-2007, 05:15 PM
I donate my old clothes to thrift stores.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
02-19-2007, 05:18 PM
No, but I definetly will someday. My mum gives my old clothes (some might still have my name on it) to a lady whose kids might fit into it, much to my disliking. I mean, what if I become famous one day? And have a bunch of people I don't know selling my stuff on ebay?

Sergeant Hartman
02-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know where my old clothes go :(

Reles
02-19-2007, 05:25 PM
I usually put whatever change I have in whatever jar or can is on the counter if I buy something.

Ditto.

Rocket Edge
02-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Same.

My mother deliver's me & my brother's old clothes every year to a charity shop.

fire_of_avalon
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I think it's important to donate to charity. I give whatever I can when I have the opportunity, I do volunteer work, but I actually don't have anything I send money to. Don't have enough money to do that.

And I wear my clothes out. I mean out. By the time I stop wearing something, it's threadbare and unmendable. No one would want my clothes, so I don't donate them.