PDA

View Full Version : New Tales-Related Announcement(Rumor has it that it's an Abyss port for the Wii)

Crossblades
02-19-2007, 04:40 AM
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2007/1064.html

While Tales of Destiny 2 for PlayStation Portable has only hit Japanese retail store shelves yesterday, Bandai Namco Games already plans to announce the next installment in its popular RPG franchise next week. The company claims this newest project was the reaction to strong demand by its fanbase. The announcement is scheduled for February 21st.

And supposedly this will be it. Someone translated it from the Jeux-France site. Remember, it's only a rumor

Tales of the Abyss
2007-05 release - 5800yen - Character design: Fujishima
Port of PS2 version, with added content.
Can use Wii Remote + nunchuck. Classic controller and GC controller support too

Tales of the Two Faces
2007 release - no price - Character design: Fujishima
Sequel to the Abyss. Main characters are Ashu and Tia
Starts straight after the ending of the Abyss. Two scenarios at the same time, Ashu and Tia
Wii Remote + nunchuck new interface (new control method).

Tales of the Howling
Side story to the Abyss. Main character is youth Jade
TR-LMBS system (Touch Real-Linear Motion Battle)
1 line battle system. Includes touch elements in battle. Speedy battles.

RiseToFall
02-19-2007, 04:44 AM
This info would be great if it wasn't just a rumor. (at least as of now) We'll just have to wait and see.

Vermachtnis
02-19-2007, 04:46 AM
I'd like to play that Tales of the Howling with Prof. Nebby and Lil' Dist and Jade on their misadventures. Jade's my favorite character in Tales of the Abyss and according to Nephry he was a messed up child.

Agent Proto
02-19-2007, 04:49 AM
Whoa. TWO SEQUELS to Tales of the Abyss? AWESOME! 8D

Crossblades
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
I for one hope it's not a rumor. Even though I already own the PS2 version, I would love to play it again on a Nintendo console. I'm just curious to know what the added content is.

Roto13
02-19-2007, 04:21 PM
It'd be neat if it was a port to the Wii. I've been putting off buying TotA, so it'd be nice to know that I'd been waiting for something. :P

Agent Proto
02-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I do hope that it's not a Japanese only release like the PS2 port of Tales of Symphonia was.

Zeromus_X
02-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Damn, I was hoping this would be news of a Tales of Destiny Remake English release... Well, I guess this is nice, too. Playing as Jade + portable = awesome.

Crossblades
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I do hope that it's not a Japanese only release like the PS2 port of Tales of Symphonia was.

That would indeed suck =(

Yuriev's ghost
02-20-2007, 02:41 PM
I give it a 50% chance of it being true, 30% chance of it making it to NA, and 0.05% chance of it making it to Europe.