PDA

View Full Version : This day two years ago...

Sephex
02-19-2007, 06:01 AM
I went to the Dear Friends: Music From Final Fantasy concert at the Rosemont Theater near Chicago. It was one of the best concerts I ever had the pleasure attending. Here is the set list:

Liberi Fatali
Zanarkand
Terra's Theme
Theme Of Love
Dear Friends
Vamo' Alla Flamenco

INTERMISSION

Aeris's Theme
Not Alone
Ronfaure
Final Fantasy I-III Medley
New Melody From Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (which turned out to be Cloud Smiles)
FINAL FANTASY

Encore: One-Winged Angel

It was the second ever concert to be performed in the US, but obviously the first of the Dear Friends tour. I bought a white Dear Friends T-shirt along with a grey one, a poster, a cool program (that had artowrk, a note from Nobuo Uematsu, and fun little facts about each FF game), and a note card thingy.

Nobuo Uematsu himself was there himself, and it was one of the coolest things ever to be in the same room with the man who made me rethink how video game music should be composed. Afterwords, but before the encore, he and a translator conducted a poll of where everyone in the audience was from, hinted at the possibility of a Black Mages tour in the US, and generally thanked the audience for showing up.

One of the best nights of my life. Ever.

Mirage
02-19-2007, 06:09 AM
You succeeded at making me envious. Other than that, what's the topic? :p

Necronopticous
02-19-2007, 06:29 AM
I went to Dear Friends and More Friends when they hit L.A.

Definitely a couple of my most treasured nights.

Cruise Control
02-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Dear Friends was awesome. So was PLAY!

Can't remember where I attended Dear Friends, but I saw Play! at Philidelphia.

Kirobaito
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
They had a Dear Friends concert in Fort Worth, that I now really regret not going to. A guy down the hall did go to that concert, though.

Dark_Mage_Palom
03-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I remember when my wife and I went up to Fort Worth for the Dear Friends it was great, too bad they never had a More Friends one there :(

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/palom004/Picture004.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

Raven Nox
03-07-2007, 06:05 AM
I went to the Dear Friends concert in L.A. and got myself a grey T-shirt, a poster, and this booklet that talked alittle about all the released FFs, and a little about Advent Children and FF12, though they weren't out then. Nobuo Uematsu wasn't there but it was a wonderful concert anyway. I was in the 3rd row, which as great.