PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario 2 Rate The Game

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-19-2007, 06:32 AM
On a scale of 1-10 what would you give Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door? I think I'll give it an 8.2 the graphics, gameplay, and sound are all top notch...The story is pretty damn funny and so are the characters but this game is just too short.

Jowy
02-19-2007, 07:59 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/b/ba/180px-Rawkhawk.jpg

This game rawks.

Roto13
02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
9/10 for me. It loses a point for all of the backtracking you have to do. Other than that, it's great.

Frozen Phantom
02-19-2007, 11:46 PM
about a 9/10ish for me. The game overall was fun, but except for the last few bosses, the game was just too easy. T_T And the fact that I only found (srry for forgetting names) the bomb, goomba, and the shadow to really be useful in battle endgame.

NeoCracker
02-19-2007, 11:49 PM

This game rawks.

Make love to me.

Sephex
02-20-2007, 04:36 AM
I hate numbering things, so I am not going to do it. I will say that I enjoyed this game very much, and I plan on beating it again someday. I am still bitter for all the reviews that gave it low scroes because of "too much text". What a bunch of lazy assholes.

This game rawks.

Make love to me.

Oh snap Jowy, you better get on this, pronto!

Bahamut, King of Dragons
02-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Too much text? Its an RPG, what the hell were they expecting? You're right, they are pretty lazy. I loved this game. I liked the simplicity in the gameplay, and like most Mario games, I was pleased with the overall tone and style of the game. It wasn't that long, especially in comparison with some other RPGs, but I think it was long enough to have a full and well rounded story, and it is a Mario game, after all. Mario is Nintendo's mascot, and they use him to make games that appeal to all generations of gamers, including younger ones who are less likely to want to play a game with a long, complicated story. I give the game a high score out of ten, around an 8 or 9, the docking of points comes from small annoyances with some of the characters, and because I don't feel good about giving anything a perfect score unless it really blows me away.

Elite Lord Sigma
02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
I remember a guy complaining about 30 minutes of text before you can do damn near anything. He must be a pretty slow reader, because I get through that part in 15 minutes at most. If you want text issues, go look at FFTA. You have to do 45 minutes of crap before you can actually start doing missions with your clan.

I'd give the game a 9.5/10. It's very great, the characters are all memorable, quirky, and just downright awesome. The only problems are the annoying bits of backtracking that you have to do.

Levian
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah, awesome game. Flawless gameplay, but I could've managed with less talking. It got pretty boring at times. I still haven't finished this one, and it's not because I'm stuck, It's the talking. I don't mind talking in general, it's just this talking wasn't exactly thrilling.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, awesome game. Flawless gameplay, but I could've managed with less talking. It got pretty boring at times. I still haven't finished this one, and it's not because I'm stuck, It's the talking. I don't mind talking in general, it's just this talking wasn't exactly thrilling.

Really? I've already beaten PM2 three years ago, and yesterday I started playing it again.

Roto13
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
I might start it again myself.

Levian
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM

Really? I've already beaten PM2 three years ago, and yesterday I started playing it again.

That's what I do with most games, though. If I stop playing it for a few days, then I probably won't start back up again in a long while. Bought it 3 years ago as well. Same with KH2, awesome game, but haven't played it since November. Not stuck there either.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I think Final Fantasy 8 had more talking than Paper Mario 2...Especially in the beginning after that awesome cut scene.

Laddy
02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
8/10

Giga Guess
02-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Played it through twice. 9.5/10

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-22-2007, 06:50 PM
The thing that I love about this game is Vivian. (She's my favorite character!:D) I can relate to Vivian because I know what it's like to get picked on, my brothers and the kids at school use to make fun of me all the time. (If you don't remember Vivian she's the shy shadow character who joins your party in Twilight Town.)

Roto13
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Vivian is a tranny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivian_%28Paper_Mario%29

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-22-2007, 07:02 PM
What does tranny mean Roto I've looked up that word up on Dictionary.com and there's no definition for it.

Roto13
02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Transexual. She was a he in the Japanese version of the game.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
02-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Yeah I know but I don't really care because I live in America, and I own the U.S. version of PM2.

Crossblades
02-23-2007, 03:18 AM

This game rawks.

Agreed:)

Giga Guess
02-23-2007, 04:00 AM

Yeah I know but I don't really care because I live in America, and I own the U.S. version of PM2.

Yes, but the Japanese version is the original.