PDA

View Full Version : which to buy

The black mage
02-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I've never played FF6, and every one says its amazing, so i'm going to get it, so which version do i get. playstation or gameboy.
Also my game boys LR buttons are broken. But in the others i never need them (except when running) in the other games.

ljkkjlcm9
02-19-2007, 04:12 PM
I've never played FF6, and every one says its amazing, so i'm going to get it, so which version do i get. playstation or gameboy.
Also my game boys LR buttons are broken. But in the others i never need them (except when running) in the other games.

you need them for some of Sabin's Blitz moves. Considering he is one of the most popular characters and such, you may end up using him. Luckily though, his strongest moves don't use them. I'd say the GBA version. You can play it anywhere, and it has new stuff, and a better translation.

THE JACKEL

LoKuS
02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
GBA!!!

Jowy
02-19-2007, 04:41 PM
You only need the shoulder buttons for Meteor Strike, Chakra, and Soul Spiral. Since Soul Spiral is uttetly useless, Chakra is barely used, and Meteor Strike is overshadowed by Aura Cannon and Phantom Rush I don't see the Blitzes being a large issue.

Tempest
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Get the GBA version. The PS1 version takes too long of a time to load, plus, all the extras the GBA version has.

Flying Mullet
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
WARNING: Magic will be a pain if your shoulder buttons are broken because you use the shoulder buttons to toggle between a single enemy and all enemies when selecting the targets of a magic spell. You can't push left once you're at the rear of the enemy list to select all enemies like you can in the previous FF's.

As for which version to buy, I would recommend the SNES or GBA versions as the PSOne version has horrific and doesn't add much to the game.

Zeromus
02-19-2007, 11:18 PM
U can repare the buttons!

One more vote for the GBA version... new things, portable, faster, etc...
And of course!... support Nintendo!

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2007, 01:11 AM
GBA, the new translation is just that good. Also the new content is put in flawlessly and never felt "tacked on" like other special editions I've played.

Mirage
02-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Also the new content is put in flawlessly and never felt "tacked on" like other special editions I've played.
I've got to disagree with that :p.

Araciel
02-20-2007, 01:15 AM
GBA FTW

also MIB CIA CBS FOX nick at night

Wolf Kanno
02-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Also the new content is put in flawlessly and never felt "tacked on" like other special editions I've played.
I've got to disagree with that :p.

I don't know. If I hadn't played the game ever (instead of the countless times I have since it came out on SNES) nor did I know exactly what was put in specifically. I don't think you could really tell.;)

Mirage
02-20-2007, 05:09 AM
If you had never played FFIV or FFV, do you think you would have been able to tell?

The black mage
02-20-2007, 12:50 PM
thank you people.
I going to get the GBA vesion. Just as soon as i have the money and find it.

Wolf Kanno
02-21-2007, 05:23 AM
If you had never played FFIV or FFV, do you think you would have been able to tell?

I don't really understand what you mean? I have not actually played the Advanced versions of FFIV or FFV so lord knows I can't elaborate. I have FFVA but I want to finish FFVIA first.

I just feel that if you were new and playing for the first time. I doubt you could really tell it was added content. It seemed rather natural. Having played the actual game a hundred times before, I could easily divulge a dozen or more changes (most for the better IMO).

Mirage
02-21-2007, 05:51 AM
My point was that I doubt you would have been able to tell what was added content in FFVA either if you hadn't ever played the original. It might be a bit more obvious for FFIVA. I only got to one of the bonus dungeons there before i put the game down.