PDA

View Full Version : doctor cid I

frogen
02-19-2007, 06:29 PM
im up to the boss doctor cid in the Draklor Lab and im obviously not trained enough because I can't even defeat all four of the rooks that surround him. I cant really go back ann train because I only have one file so what am I supposed to do? Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

McLovin'
02-19-2007, 07:30 PM
If you're level 35 then you are fine.

Battle strategy should be: KILL THE FLIPPIN ROOKS! Quickening are you friend here. Come to battle with 2 people and have them use a quickening. Take about 4000. Then your next 2 etc. They should all be dead. Also don't worry about spending any X-Potions you may have for you are gonna get a lot very soon but make sure you have a lot of Hi-Potions.

When fighting Cid watch out when he walks to one side of the room. When he does this target him to find out who he is targeting and have them RUN in order to have your party not take the immense amount of damage.

Dreddz
02-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Use the quickenings from both of your parties. It helped for me.

frogen
02-19-2007, 09:06 PM
yeah well im level 30 and when i use up all my quickenings at best i kill 2 rooks and then cant defeat the other 2 without cid killing me. so any other ideas

McLovin'
02-19-2007, 09:10 PM
5 levels to go.

You just go down the elevator and fight. Then come back and save. Simple.

Dreddz
02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Protect goes along way.

McLovin'
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
FYI you can go into the battle with buffs cast on you so you need not waste time casting them in there.

Shiva_
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
It's recommended to keep everyone's HP 50% or higher. Using items (Hi-Potions or X-Potions) for healing and Phoenix Downs for raising KO'ed allies is recommended because the rooks tend to syphon your mana. Use Esuna gambits for any status effects you might get inflicted with, just in case. Use haste to have optimal speed and have protect on everyone for better defense. You might get a Hastega Mote in the chest right before the fight, so use that at start of battle. Have gambits set to attack party leader's target only so that you can take out each individual rook quicker. Everyone will go after the one that you start attacking.

Also, right when you enter the battle, do a Mist Knack on the rooks to get one of them and hopefully more out of the way.

Woodinator
02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
I managed to beat him with gimped equipment...all i did was use quickenings to kill the rooks and kept using ethers and elixers to restore...then i got lucky at the end when vaan got a bunch of critical hits :D and when he starts laughin maniacally during his one attack...start crying...or just heal...whichever works for you

frogen
02-20-2007, 11:26 PM
bleh i keep trying i still cant beat the rooks...i went back down to train too but there arent enough save points and all of the imperials kill me so i dont know it seems impossible.

Renmiri
02-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Ugh, so much "suffering"... My battle with Cid was such a cakewalk at level 45 :D

Overleveling is your friend!

Shiva_
02-21-2007, 12:50 AM
bleh i keep trying i still cant beat the rooks...i went back down to train too but there arent enough save points and all of the imperials kill me so i dont know it seems impossible.
Do you have another save file at a section before entering draklor laboratory?

If you noticed at the draklor laboratory save crystals, there was a message in yellow print that suggested creating a 2nd save file because you weren't going to be able to leave that area easily.

Hopefully, you created a 2nd file. If so, you can use the one at or near archades and use the teleport crystal to level up at different places and buy better armor.

If not, the only option is to go to the lower floors and level up by fighting the imperial guards. They should also drop hi-potions and some other items, especially if you build a chain.

Level 30 is quite low for Doctor Cid. It's optimal to be at least level 38.

According to the guide, Doctor Cid is level 40, and his rooks are level 38, so you're well under-leveled.

Renmiri
02-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Yeah, I was surprised recently when someone boasted killing Cid at level 35 recently. Sounds like masochism to me.

Level 45 made the battle fun: Not too easy, but not painful either :D

frogen
02-28-2007, 01:54 AM
screw this i just leveled everyone up 3 more levels which took like 4 hours cuz its so hard to find the imperials and i tried again and still was only able to kill 1 rook lol. whatever i give up its stupid that theyd allow me to beat the last boss but struggle this much with this one.

Renmiri
02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Why on earth did you keep just one save file ?

frogen
02-28-2007, 06:13 PM
cuz last time it said that i didnt need to so i figured what the hell but obviously it was a horrible mistake lol