PDA

View Full Version : PAL PS2 or Japanese PS2 import better

Haydenx
02-20-2007, 12:43 AM
z

Dreddz
02-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Your insane to buy a Japanese version of FFX, I'd be surprised if you even got to all the extra content.

If you dont know any Japanese, PAL every time.

NM
02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
You'd be better of with a PAL system, as games will be in English.

However do remember that most PAL games are half-arsed conversions (Of which FFX is one of.) which come complete with MASSIVE black boarders at the top and bottom of the screen, because obviously we all own TV's from the 70's and wouldnt possibly have a TV that can support a 60Hz signal.

Anyway enough of my ramblings. :)

JKTrix
02-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I'd vote for Japanese. While it's true that you can't understand the language, the PAL versions are often gimped and come out a long time later.

If it's a popular game you're getting from Japan, chances are that within a few days you'll find a walkthrough on Gamefaqs.

It depends on what you want. If you want to see extra stuff, then go for the japanese versions. If you want to understand everything, then go for PAL. It's not very often that PAL gets more stuff, and if they do you can probably find videos of it on the internet. Japanese games too, for that matter.

Actually, there's your answer. Search for the 'extra content' on the internet. Videos of it might be on YouTUbe. Save you a few dollars.

Mirage
02-20-2007, 03:14 PM
I'd say getting a Japanese or European PS2 just to get the extras in FFX is taking it a bit far. They aren't that great at all.

A Japanese PS2 will get you Japanese games only, while most European games are released in English. If it is possible where you live, get a professional to modify your current PS2 so it can play backups and imports. It should cost you a bit less than a new PS2.

Playing a game following a walkthrough from start to end sounds incredibly boring imo.

Rostum
02-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Or, instead of wasting so much money... You could buy a mod chip and have someone install it into your PS2 for a very small fee (maybe even free!). That way you can play games from Japan, Europe and America!

Then you can import the versions that have all the extra features, ala Final Fantasy X PAL.

By the way, I live in Australia, and we get all of PAL (but generally altered a bit from the European release). We never got those huge black borders on FFX, at least not that I can remember. x.x;