PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Day!!

Riana
02-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Yay! Happy Pancake Day! Everyone!

I decided to try something really crazy and pour some Irn Bru in mine this year. :D

Don't worry I'll make some traditional ones too. How about you guys?

BarelySeeAtAll
02-20-2007, 11:37 AM
i forgot it was even though i reminded my mum and brother yesterday...
i ate some normal wheatabix....:cry: i totally forgot!!!!!!:crying: :crying:
i will have some later though...yummy, and probably make myself sick through eating them with LOADS of golden syrup on them...mmmmm:greenie:

Firo Volondé
02-20-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't like pancakes much, so I didn't notice. When I do eat them though, I love squeezing half a lemon on them.

Also, Shrove Tuesday = Mardi Gras. Just so you know.

Anaisa
02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
I didn't know it was pancake day today. (til now) My hob isn't on. No pancakes for me. :(

stuffing
02-20-2007, 11:52 AM
whats Irn Bru?

Riana
02-20-2007, 11:55 AM
whats Irn Bru?

Irn Bru is only the best soft drink in the world! It's really a Scottish thing but I was lucky enough to find it in England (I was born in Scotland). :D

I've never really questioned what's in it, but it tastes amazing! It gets me so hyper, but friends have told me I act just like a drunk does. :x

Meat Puppet
02-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I think I’m going to wrap my pancake around a pork sausage, and then deep fry it.

stuffing
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
That sounds pretty good, I'll have to try it some time

Although I don't think I'd want to taste anything I can't spell or pronounce

:p

BarelySeeAtAll
02-20-2007, 12:05 PM
whats Irn Bru?

Irn Bru is only the best soft drink in the world! It's really a Scottish thing but I was lucky enough to find it in England (I was born in Scotland). :D

I've never really questioned what's in it, but it tastes amazing! It gets me so hyper, but friends have told me I act just like a drunk does. :x

it makes me go hyper too!!
its everywhere in somerfields where i live....in england
anyway, to stay on topic i will say...
i think i will try some irn bru with one...if only we had some....i will go down town with my mum and get some...and i think dandelion and burdock,,,mmmmm

Chloe.
02-20-2007, 01:01 PM
I love pancakes! :bigsmile:

Sergeant Hartman
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I usually go all out on Pancake Day, but this year I forgot. Now I've remembered, to the kitchen! :hat:

Misfit
02-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I didn't eat any pancakes yet today. ;_; MAYBE I'LL MAKE SOME FOR SUPPER!

Anyway, this day makes me laugh 'cause there's this girl in my school that has a serious phobia of pancakes. I find it odd and amusing at the same time. xP

DK
02-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Pancake day is WIN. Win win win. I can't wait. <3

It always reminds me of that episode of that random Maid Marion show that used to be on CBBC years ago that had the Cat from Red Dwarf doing a Pancake Day rap. IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-PANCAKE DAY

vinnie's mini's
02-20-2007, 03:04 PM
I totally forgot about pancake day!!!!!

Well, HAPPY PANCAKE EATING TO ALL!!

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I like to make waffles.....

Misfit
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Heathen. >_>

escobert
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
french toast plz thx

Misfit
02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
french toast plz thx
Eat that tomorrow. >:[

escobert
02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
fine then I will!

Misfit
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
fine then I will!
Good. Now go make pancakes and mail me some~ ^_^

escobert
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
fine then I will!
Good. Now go make pancakes and mail me some~ ^_^

I'll get right on that :p

Awrini
02-20-2007, 03:57 PM
We still have pancake day? *makes a couple batches of pancakes* This is for the happy syrupy pancake rain later. Don't miss it.

Zeldy
02-20-2007, 05:09 PM
whats Irn Bru?

You can find Irn Bru everywhere, here. ;o

I completely forget it was pancake day. So Im assuming my parents did too. No pancakes for us, then! I don't like them too much, I fill them with sugar and crap and they get so sickly I don't want anymore.

Sergeant Hartman
02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Having my pancake right now! With a drizzle of lemon juice :drool:

EDIT: Rather nice.

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Heathen. >_>

I could be convince to change my waffle making ways :eek:

Shauna
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Irn Bru is awesome. :D You might have seen it around as 'Iron Brew'. xD

Anyway, Pancake day is pretty early this year, is it not? :o

Misfit
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Heathen. >_>

"I like waffles better than pancakes. Because waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps. They say to syrup, "You ain't going anywhere, don't even be trying to creep down the sides. Just rest in these squares, if one square is full, move on. When you hit butter, split up."

I guess you can like waffles. :(

Dreddz
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Irn bru in Pancakes sounds horrible, you Scots are hardcore indeed.

oddler
Rock on, Bert. The toast of the French, please.

edczxcvbnm
Heathen. >_>

"I like waffles better than pancakes. Because waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps. They say to syrup, "You ain't going anywhere, don't even be trying to creep down the sides. Just rest in these squares, if one square is full, move on. When you hit butter, split up."

We can compromise and use pancake mix in a waffle iron or the other way around. A hardened pancake and a floppy waffle. What madness this would be :choc2:

Misfit
02-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Heathen. >_>

We can compromise and use pancake mix in a waffle iron or the other way around. A hardened pancake and a floppy waffle. What madness this would be :choc2:
Only if your waffle iron will shape them into the shape of animals (http://www.ohmythatsawesome.com/files/waffles.jpg), then go ahead. Get the pancake mix! >:</>D

Shauna
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Ewww. That sounds disgusting. =[ I may like Irn Bru.. but guh. I'm all for those deep fried mars bars though. ;D

Rocket Edge
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
I haven't had any yet, but make no mistake, i'll prepare for a Pancake onslaught later on tonight!

Spammerman
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM
IHOP is giving away free pancakes.

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Heathen. >_>

Only if your waffle iron will shape them into the shape of animals (http://www.ohmythatsawesome.com/files/waffles.jpg), then go ahead. Get the pancake mix! >:</>D

That waffle iron is sexy:D

Riana
02-20-2007, 07:41 PM

Aye we are!

I tried the Irn Bru in the pancake. :eek: It didn't look too good when frying it, at least it didn't explode in my face. :D

I now conclude Irn Bru is and always will be only suitable for drinking.

Ow my stomach...:(

Iceglow
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm probably not even going to get any pancakes because I probably won't even get to eat again tonight. I seem to get a chance to eat only when out of the house atm it seems. Theres food but when I touch anything to go cook it it's "thats not for you"

DK
02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
I just ate pancakes. :love:

Lemon Juice and Sugar is all that's required. My stomach is happy :love:

Psychotic
02-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I had pancakes for breakfast today instead of eating them yesterday because I'm a dirty cheat.
It always reminds me of that episode of that random Maid Marion show that used to be on CBBC years ago that had the Cat from Red Dwarf doing a Pancake Day rap. IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-PANCAKE DAYThat was one of the greatest kid's TV shows of all time.

cloud_doll
02-21-2007, 10:18 PM
is pancake day an england thing?....wait, yep just searched it up on google....i wanna be english, i'll make some pancakes ^.^ oh shoot...its wednesday...dammit >.<

Shiny
02-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Yay pancacas! Bring on the syrup or jam. :drool:

Iceglow
02-21-2007, 10:38 PM
I had pancakes for breakfast today instead of eating them yesterday because I'm a dirty cheat.
It always reminds me of that episode of that random Maid Marion show that used to be on CBBC years ago that had the Cat from Red Dwarf doing a Pancake Day rap. IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S PANCAKE DAY IT'S P-P-P-P-P-P-P-P-PANCAKE DAYThat was one of the greatest kid's TV shows of all time.

Yesh it was very random!!!! It also had Tony Robinson in it if I remember. Plus didn't Maid Marion have dreads or similar?