PDA

View Full Version : Crackdown (360)

JKTrix
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
So the game is out today in the states. I didn't care much about this game at first, but as I learned more about it and eventually played the demo, I'm really looking forward to it.

A lot of folks will probably see this game on the same level as Zone of the Enders (and to a lesser extent, Dragon Quest 8) because the game comes with access to the Halo 3 Beta. It's not entirely bad to be grouped with ZOE and DQ8, because each of those were very good games. Crackdown is looking to be another fun experience.

One editor of 1up.com, on his personal site (http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Site/Crackdown), gave a pretty good rundown of the game. I'm sure you'll see reviews popping up soon if they haven't already, but this game was good enough for this guy to write up a sort of review on his personal time, without getting paid for it.

So I thought I'd raise awareness for the game, though chances are if you already own a 360 you know about the game. For people balancing the systems on a scale to figure out which to buy, here's another stone on the 360 side.

XxSephirothxX
02-20-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm going to pick it up in about 10 minutes, assuming the stores have it in stock this early. The demo was actually really fun, so I'm looking forward to playing it more thoroughly. But, honestly, if it wasn't for the Halo 3 beta, I probably wouldn't buy it. :p I got sick during the Rule of Three phase, so this is my last chance to get in. :(

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
I would get it but I am already in the Walo 3 Beta and I am not so sure I need another GTA esque game. I still need to download the demo to try this out. I wait till GTA 4 comes out and try that out as well and then decide which one of the three is most fun....the third one is Saints Row.

XxSephirothxX
02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I think GTA4 may well blow both of them out of the water, but Crackdown is really a very different game. You're a genetically-enhanced super soldier, and despite how lame and cliche that sounds, it allows you to do some really fun things you could never do in a GTA game, like jump a hundred feet from rooftop to rooftop, scale a skyscraper, pick up cars and throw them like toys, and so on.

And I'm in the Beta. :D

edczxcvbnm
02-20-2007, 05:19 PM
I think GTA4 may well blow both of them out of the water, but Crackdown is really a very different game. You're a genetically-enhanced super soldier, and despite how lame and cliche that sounds, it allows you to do some really fun things you could never do in a GTA game, like jump a hundred feet from rooftop to rooftop, scale a skyscraper, pick up cars and throw them like toys, and so on.

And I'm in the Beta. :D

GTA 4 might be the 'better' game but I like the super humanness of Crackdown and that might beat down GTA 4. Even more so if GTA 4 is insanely big with lot of little stupid things like working out to improve your stats(what a buzz kill).

NINJA_Ryu
02-21-2007, 01:15 AM
Gotta love the commercial.

"What are you laughing for? You think its a game esay? Those cops, thier crazy! They took my brother out at his birthday party. Then they threw a car on him! Once you get in here, stay in here!"

(best recollection of commerfcial anyway. )

other than that, it does look a lot l;ike GTA and if i had a 360, id get it.

escobert
02-21-2007, 02:06 AM
I've been watching my buddy play this for a week or so and it's freaking cool.

Madame Adequate
02-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Question for people with the game! Is co-op mode available for two folks on the same console, or is it online only?

XxSephirothxX
02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
It's Xbox Live and System Link only, unfortunately. I guess they didn't want to bother with split screen or confine both players to the same screen a la San Andreas.

JKTrix
02-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I got it last night and played it for a few hours. Great fun, but too easy. I was gonna start over on a higher difficulty level, but then that'd be a bunch of time wasted.

Sometimes when I jump off of high buildings or cliffs or whatever, I get this sensation in my chest like I'm really falling. It's odd, that's never happened to me before in a game.

XxSephirothxX
02-22-2007, 06:06 PM
The game, in general, is very easy, which kind of comes from being a genetically enhanced supersoldier. But once you start to approach the last couple mob bosses on the first island, there will be more thugs with more powerful weaponry. When there are 5 or 10 guys shooting at you with assault rifles, your shields drop pretty damn quickly. I've died quite a few times going after some of the bosses on the second island, too. So the difficultly certainly ramps up a bit.