PDA

View Full Version : Chain Letters.

PuPu
02-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I was watching a few videos on YouTube, I saw something like "you're going to die....repost this to save yourself"

And to my surprise, they were in many different locations on the site. And after being cursed with probably more than 10 different chain letters, I decided to make this post.

Here is a video on YouTube with some chain letters in the comments section. If you are a superstitious person, I recommend that you not go there and make sure you avoid comments that start with "In [insert random date here]" and end with "[Repost this [insert number] # of times to save yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj7dEkMoPws

If you don't know what a chain letter is go to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_letter .

Anyways, what do you think about chain letters?

For me, I think they are really stupid. Usually I just send it directly to the people that start or spread these things and throw it back in their face.

BarelySeeAtAll
02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
i hate them, yet i still reply to them...gawsh am a weird one

oddler
02-20-2007, 10:50 PM
I know a chain letter before it even gets sent to my mailbox. Yes, I'm omnipotent like that.

Jowy
02-20-2007, 10:52 PM
I ignore them every single time I recieve them.

Sakura
02-20-2007, 11:04 PM
DON'T READ THIS POST!!!!

ZOMG TWELVE PEOPLE ALL INNOCENT EOFFERS DECIDED TO READ THIS AND THEIR BELLYBUTTONS FELL OFF

IN ORDER TO PREVENT THIS FROM HAPPENING REPOST THIS IN 20 DIFFERENT omg brb suicide :love:

rubah
02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't remember the last time I forwarded one.

I like the one that says "press f6 and the name of your true love will appear"! because I scripted f6 to say stu in big letters in mIRC xD

Shoeberto
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Sometimes if I read them late at night, I get freaked out. Well, only if it's like those "Fifty years ago a girl was raped and battered and if you don't forward this she'll appear over your bed!" It's never enough to actually get me to forward it, but the concept is freaky when I'm half-asleep and ready to stumble off to bed.

Rocket Edge
02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I noticed them, they're annoying.

Tempest
02-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I noticed them, they're annoying.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Donal.

Dr Unne
02-20-2007, 11:41 PM
A chain letter spreads exponentially fast. If a chain letter says to forward itself to 6 people, then those 6 people will send it to 36, and those 36 will send it to 216, etc. Assuming everyone sends the letter to six people who never received the letter before, by the time this goes through only 15 iterations, it will have been sent 6^15 = 470,184,984,576 times. In other words, every single person on the planet should have received the chain letter on average at least once.

A mere 10 iterations later, the email will have been sent 6^25 = 28,430,288,029,929,701,376 times. In other words, every person on the planet will have received the email tens of millions of times.

The fact that the transmission of chain letter emails has not overloaded and crippled the infrastructure of the internet (or indeed led to the collapse of human civilization as we know it) indicates that a vast majority of people do not forward them. The fact that the death rate of the world does not spike orders of magnitude every time a new chain letter appears would seem to indicate that nothing bad happens because of it.

Freya
02-21-2007, 12:47 AM
I was reading one that said at midnight tonight a girl will come out of nowhere and kill me If I don't send it in 30 seconds to 6 people. So I waited 2 minute for 12 and alas no girl. I was planning on having a conversation about the weather. Also on how it was like to kill people but I was disspointed. I was looking forward to meeting her, really I was.

Vikeve
02-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I don't really care about them I just ignore them but my friends send it to me all the time. There never true. But if they are I'm cursed for about 27 million years already.:rolleyes2

I was reading one that said at midnight tonight a girl will come out of nowhere and kill me If I don't send it in 30 seconds to 6 people. So I waited 2 minute for 12 and alas no girl. I was planning on having a conversation about the weather. Also on how it was like to kill people but I was disspointed. I was looking forward to meeting her, really I was.

She does sound like an interesting person to meet.*nods*

Edit: Omg this just reminded me of the ring! *runs and hides*

Nominus Experse
02-21-2007, 03:31 AM
They were amusing when one was 10, but no more.

Shlup
02-21-2007, 03:33 AM
I ignore chain letters entirely.

Vincent, Thunder God
02-21-2007, 03:38 AM
Those damn chain replies on Youtube have annoyed me to no end.

That having been said, most comments on youtube are rude, mean and full of leet-speak, so I'm not going to bother reading them anymore. Almost everyone there are real jerks!

Firo Volondé
02-21-2007, 06:12 AM
Unless someone replies to this post twice in the next 5 minutes wolves will eat a small rabbit. DO YOU WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING A FLUFFY BUNNY WABBIT!?!?!?!

Misfit
02-21-2007, 01:28 PM
DELETE! ^_^

Rye
02-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Sometimes if I read them late at night, I get freaked out. Well, only if it's like those "Fifty years ago a girl was raped and battered and if you don't forward this she'll appear over your bed!" It's never enough to actually get me to forward it, but the concept is freaky when I'm half-asleep and ready to stumble off to bed.

Yeah, same here. Those are just nasty. I hate the ones going around in YouTube about that Lakeakuekeusksikees girl. >:[

No.78
02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
They're annoying, I'm like "ffs", and I dont post them, yet I feel guilty O_o

Misfit
02-21-2007, 01:44 PM
We're all going to die a horrible and bloody death! ^_^

No.78
02-21-2007, 02:13 PM
YAY!!!

Old Manus
02-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Reminds me of those odd chain PMs I kept getting a while back

the 1st of november , we will have to pay for the use of our glorious EoFF Forums and chat unless we send this message to at least 5
other members. It's no joke if you don't believe me
then go to the site ( www.eyesonff.com ) and see for yourself. Anyways
once you've sent this message to at least 5 other members , your EoFF settings will turn to the new Beta Testing color scheme and design. please copy and paste don't forward, because
people won't take notice of it otherwise.

IF U DON'T FORWARD THIS PM BY THE END OF THE DAY TO 3 PEOPLE, PEROLA WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!1111/UR CRUSHWILL HATE YOU!!!1111

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/dancingbaby_shoden.gif

Remon
02-21-2007, 03:38 PM
You really believe in those letters! i have read a lot of chain letters in youtube and i didn't forward them.i'm still alive lol

PuPu
02-21-2007, 03:44 PM
You really believe in those letters! i have read a lot of chain letters in youtube and i didn't forward them.i'm still alive lol
Actually, I don't. I just forward it back to the same idiots that sent them because they are so freakin annoying. They're almost everywhere in YouTube.

After all, I'm still cursed with about 10 different chains and sometimes I actually purposely read them to see if they are funny. :p

For example, one said: "A man died while eating a banana and if you don't resend this message you will die the next time you eat a banana." :rolleyes2

Rye
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Reminds me of those odd chain PMs I kept getting a while back

the 1st of november , we will have to pay for the use of our glorious EoFF Forums and chat unless we send this message to at least 5
other members. It's no joke if you don't believe me
then go to the site ( www.eyesonff.com ) and see for yourself. Anyways
once you've sent this message to at least 5 other members , your EoFF settings will turn to the new Beta Testing color scheme and design. please copy and paste don't forward, because
people won't take notice of it otherwise.

IF U DON'T FORWARD THIS PM BY THE END OF THE DAY TO 3 PEOPLE, PEROLA WILL EAT YOUR SOUL!1111/UR CRUSHWILL HATE YOU!!!1111

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/dancingbaby_shoden.gif

Omg. xDDD I remember that. Shoden actually though it was quite funny, I asked him before I sent those.

Vikeve
02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Unless someone replies to this post twice in the next 5 minutes wolves will eat a small rabbit. DO YOU WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR KILLING A FLUFFY BUNNY WABBIT!?!?!?!

Yes

Edit: Oh wait! Damn!:mad2:

Iceglow
02-21-2007, 05:35 PM
I just either have them filtered off to my spam mail for that is what they are along with the penis enhancement e-mails and the like, or I just delete them they're seriously stupid sometimes if the chain "answer this questionaire and send it to your mates so they can get to know you better" comes through then I might take 10 minutes to sit there and fill it out and send it but otherwise it's straight to the trash with them. I haven't had one of those in a long time. My nephew has an annoying habbit of sending me instant message chains like "OMG POST THIS TO EVRY1 ON YOUR CONTACTS IN 4 MINUTES ELSE U WILL NVR KNO TRUE LOVE!!!" and I get quite annoyed by them I've told him now if he keeps it up I'll block him untill I need to speak to him which is not exactly nice but it's true the other thing he tends on doing is dumping me in to convo's with his 13 year old mates...like 30 of them at once or something stupid and I just sit there like "uh Ben, wtf am I in here for? You are all like 13 I am 21." and exit the convo unless there is someone who generally will say Hi to me in which case I say hi first and answer any questions asked then close. I'm too polite to people XD

Chloe.
02-21-2007, 05:52 PM
They annoy the hell out of me. :mad2:

Sergeant Hartman
02-21-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't think I've ever replied to one of them, and I'm not going to anytime soon.

starseeker
02-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah the Youtube chain letters are just plain weird. Although the Neopets chain letters were funny, because they were so outragous. And so many newbies fell for them.

Breine
02-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I thought they were nice back in the days where people still used to send letters by mail, instead of spamming each other by e-mail. Today they've just become really annoying, and far less personal.

Evastio
02-22-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm lucky enough to have never gotten one.

Except for that one that said Perola would eat me...

Monsey
08-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Chain letters a load of pish for twats, in my opinion

Fonzie
08-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Sort of old.

kikimm
08-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Yes, don't revive dead threads please!