PDA

View Full Version : Tekken for the Wii

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I've been playing Tekken 5 alot and I gotta say, I think a Tekken game for the Wii might not be a bad idea. Think about it, using left and right punches for the motion sensors for both left and right punches would make the game pretty fun. Kicks would probably be done with buttons or something but you can probably do throws and grab moves by crossing the Wiimote and nunchuck to simulate a grabbing motion.

Roto13
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd like to see one of the "serious" fighting games make its way to the Wii. So far all of the fighting games in the works for it seem to be pretty button mashy. Even if they are fun.

Shoeberto
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I have to say that Tekken is about the least likely third-party title to ever make a mainstream release on anything other than a Sony console.

I think the only example in the past was when they released Tekken Advance, but even Microsoft released a title for the GBA. While it may be a good idea, there's about a one in a hundred chance of it ever happening.

KentaRawr!
02-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Personally, I think it would be done in a way similar to Mortal Kombat: Armagedden (I spelt it wr0ng), with basic moves like punches and kicks being for buttons, and common special attacks being done with certain motions.

JKTrix
02-21-2007, 12:18 AM
We have to come up with a name for 'button mashing' on the Wii if fighting games are gonna be using motion controls. Any suggestions?

I personally wouldn't buy a Tekken on Wii, mostly because I don't particularly like the series that much. If it had some kind of super awesome feature though, I would consider it.

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Arm-flailing?

Dreddz
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
I doubt it'll happen, at least not for along time. Look at it this way :

Releasing Tekken 5 again for the Wii, several years after it debuted is unlikely. People have moved on, we want Tekken 6 now.

So, it would make more sense for a Wii release of Tekken to be reletavly close to the PS3's. This will never happen with Tekken 6 as its being developed especially for the PS3. No way it'll ever make it onto another system, except the 360.

A spin-off would be possible, but a spin-off of Tekken would only confuse people unless it wasnt a proper fighting game,like Tekken Force from Tekken 3. That'll work but it isnt proper Tekken, so it isnt very intresting.

So we could see Tekken 7 on the Wii, but I doubt Sony will give up the rights to the series so easily.

Tekken on the Wii would seriously consider me buying one, hell, any worthwhile fighter on the Wii will convince me. Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core has already nudged me a little.

Rocket Edge
02-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Great idea. It would also make a new weight-loss plan.:monster:

To be honest, a game like Tekken should have many outlet's of exposure because it's simply a great game, and i think the Wii could be one of them.

Erdrick Holmes
02-21-2007, 12:26 AM
I didn't mean Tekken 5, actually. I just meant a Tekken game, any one as long as it's Tekken-ish.